• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mr deom

Recruit
15 Badges
Jul 15, 2019
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Darkest Hour
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
Good day Vic 2 players, Ive been trying to tackle an issue with this game that only I seem to be experiencing (as Ive tried looking it up and have found nothing on the issue, I even asked a friend about it a few times, but Id rather not annoy them over it anymore, heh). The problem I have is more of a bug, basically what happens is, at the beginning of the save or a loaded save, the POP icons in the budget menu work as intended; you mouse over them, they show the needs of your POPs, as you'd expect, however, as I continue to play the icons suddenly stop working. Ill mouse over them and no tooltip or whatever you call it comes up (it seems to happen at random times aswell). The only 'fix', or rather, workaround, Ive found is to just restart the game and continue playing, but this has become really annoying and Id really like to find the cause of it. Some may call this a minor bug, which it is, but Im kinda picky about what bugs I can live with in games, and this one just kinda gets to me. I would appreciate any help if possible.

Also, Ive tried reinstalling the game, deleting the folder for the game in my documents, and even deleting the registry of the game using regedit, nothing seems to hinder the issue. Like I said before though, any help would be appreciated, thanks

Reactions:
I have this bug too, it's one of those age long bugs (along with many more) that'll never get fixed. There's very few folks left who know how to mod this game extensively, so at best either you'll have to find someone willing to figure out and fix the issue or learn how to mod yourself and hope it's not something hardcoded that caused the bug, either way best of luck!

I have this bug too, it's one of those age long bugs (along with many more) that'll never get fixed. There's very few folks left who know how to mod this game extensively, so at best either you'll have to find someone willing to figure out and fix the issue or learn how to mod yourself and hope it's not something hardcoded that caused the bug, either way best of luck!

Thats a bumber but thanks for the time.

Heya folks, just like Mr. Deom, I too am suffering from this issue. As Mr. Deom has said in this thread (or rather that I said, since I originally typed up the whole thread topic on Steam, he simply copied and pasted it here) nothing seems to fix the issue, not even a clean install. I will say I am glad that Im not the only one, as I, and Im assuming Mr. Deom aswell, have Googled the problem alot from time to time trying to find SOME info on the problem, to no avail. If anyone else is having the issue, or has any idea whats going on, we'd love to have a clue. :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
In my experience it doesnt seem to go away until I restart the game and load up my save, but even then the problem typically comes back in the next session anyway, I dont think Ive ever had the problem happen, then go away during the same session.

Well, its been a quite a few days since Ive checked in on this thread, hoping maybe someone has found a solution or has chimed in, but unfortunately no one seems to have. :( Im kinda taking a break from the game for right now, but that doesnt mean Ive given up or arent still interested in seeing this issue fixed, or atleast seeing what the cause of it is. Someone recently gave what I first said a blue like and gave Mr. Deom a green agree (aswell as I just did) so obviously its still possible for people to find this thread. Heres hoping eventually we'll find a fix or atleast find out the cause of it. :)

Oh, well... Im not sure if this is the cause exactly, but I DID assume it may be after I start using factories, as I remember I tested with Belgium and I think I noticed just a few days into the game the problem occured (since they already start with factories) and typically when the problem starts Im just starting to get around to building my first factories, regardless of the country. I dont know if factories are the problem or what, it could just be a coincidence, but other than that, it doesnt seem like any particular event or anything like that needs to happen before the problem occurs, it seems to just randomly occur. As Ive said before, the problem doesnt go away until after I restart my game ofcourse, but then it typically comes back anyway.

So, after some time trying to replicate this bug, I think I have found it. The tooltips for pops needs in the budget menu stop functioning properly after going into the Production tab and clicking on a good that you are currently producing. This brings up more details for the good. When returning to the budget tab, the tooltips do not display for your pops until the game is restarted. Interestingly, clicking on a good (for more information) that you do not currently produce, does not trigger this bug.
I have no idea on how to fix it and have tried several compatibility options in Windows as well as tweak in-game options, but all to no avail. Hopefully posting the above information on how to replicate the bug, will lead to someone being able to better identify a fix :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
So, after some time trying to replicate this bug, I think I have found it. The tooltips for pops needs in the budget menu stop functioning properly after going into the Production tab and clicking on a good that you are currently producing. This brings up more details for the good. When returning to the budget tab, the tooltips do not display for your pops until the game is restarted. Interestingly, clicking on a good (for more information) that you do not currently produce, does not trigger this bug.
I have no idea on how to fix it and have tried several compatibility options in Windows as well as tweak in-game options, but all to no avail. Hopefully posting the above information on how to replicate the bug, will lead to someone being able to better identify a fix :)
Thanks for the reply here aswell Mato, its definitely appreciated. Its me, Prince Rogue from Steam by the way, happy to see you here on the forum aswell. Quite a puzzling bug huh? It often hurts when a game thats really good has that one bug that you just cant shake. In any case, thanks again, hopefully if the thread starter sees this he'll appreciate it aswell. :)

• 1Like
Reactions: