• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
And now for the final update. Due to a mysterious problem with the savefile, this update will be stretching the very limits of the concept of brevity, which may just blow your mind. It probably won't, but you can't be too careful, right?

A Brief History of the Scottish Empire 1419 - 1819​
Sco6.bmp

"Scotland: A land of meanness, sophistry and lust." Lord Byron

The 1730s and 1740s saw continued expansion in the new world, with various colonies being established in Mississippi. The next few decades saw frequent revolts in the colonies as stability plummetted to a new low, recovering by the 1770s. By this time New Scotland stretched right up to the border with the Navajo tribe, and when Scotland joined an alliance with Spain they also joined a war against the tribe, taking Colorado in a peace deal negotiated by the Spanish. Not much really happened in Scotland in the latter days of the 18th century, and as the new one dawned nothing much happened also, other than the decimation of Poland by Russia and Austria. In 1810 the Navajo were totally conquered by Scotland, and that is all.

Sco11.jpg

Scottish holdings in America by 1820

The End

Last edited:
The whole point of this AAR was to give me time to write the first four updates of my Siebenburgen AAR. Guess how many I've written? Yep, a great big goose egg. :eek:o

BBBD said:
Excellent, aren't all men transfixed by Brest?

How did you smash the english in the first war?

And he wonders he gets venereal diseases... :eek:

Nice quick AAR. Pity you could do nothing about France... Too big and too blue. Hope Siebeburgen will take of soon.

Last edited:
The whole point of this AAR was to give me time to write the first four updates of my Siebenburgen AAR. Guess how many I've written? Yep, a great big goose egg.
'

Oh well, nice AAR anyway. Completed in one page... I was sort of hoping you'd conquer all of North America, it reminds me of Farquharson's Scotland aar.

No wars on the continent? Well, it was a good read, albeit brief. Looking forward to that Siedenburgen AAR (if it is still coming).

Grundius said:
No wars on the continent? Well, it was a good read, albeit brief. Looking forward to that Siebenburgen AAR (if it is still coming).

Yes it is still coming, but it is slow because I can't work out how to start it. I am going to attempt serious literature :eek: , so it may not be to everyone's, or indeed anyone's taste. I should probably go do some reading in the SolAARium...

Yes it is still coming, but it is slow because I can't work out how to start it. I am going to attempt serious literature , so it may not be to everyone's, or indeed anyone's taste.

Well, I'm anticipating it. After Isles of Glory, I'm also going to attempt a semi-serious story based AAR. I'm interested to see how yours comes along.

In my research I have found that Siebenburgen is the name of a band... :eek:

1c.jpg

8b343b45.jpg

1b.jpg

:D

Unfortunately my upcoming AAR will not feature these fine individuals :D

Last edited:
Lack of ambition?

The only fault i can aim at this scottish AAR is the lack of ambition, it seems the author forgot about india with it's huge wealth and manpower, the far east and what about a scramble for africa?

The british empire didnt stop at the atlantic why should the scottish? I have normally colonised everything in the americas by 1700 and moved onto india, the far east, the middle east and africa by then. Also what happened to challenging French colonial power and Austrian continental power?

Well, congratulations on finishing this AAR in record time. I look forward to sampling your foray into serious literature - good luck! Personally it would take all my self-control not to launch immediately into a "musical-themed AAR" featuring those extremely serious looking chaps from Siebenbürgen! :D Well, maybe someone else will rise to that challenge...