• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Baltica Mare Nostrum

Sweden2.jpg

The Americas

Sweden3.jpg

Dark blue is Sweden (from Gulf of Saint Lawrence down the East coast)
Less dark blue is French (Nova Scotia, Fundy, Northern Canada)
Red is English
Yellow is Spanish
Light Orange is Dutch
Orange is Genoan
Dark green is Portuguese
Light Green is Venetian

Thank you Poland.
How to annex Denmark ?
1. Have Russia and Denmark declare war on Poland.
2. Wait a little
3. Declare war on Denmark
4. Immediatly agree a peace with Russia
5. Crush the few Danish troops remaining.
6. Conquer all Danish provinces
7. Unite Scandinavia under the wise rule of the Swedish kings.
(our Scandinavian friends out there dreaming of a big union can be satisfied)

How to thank Poland for its help ?
Lift her burden on having to maintain a warfleet.
1. Declare war on Poland along with Austria
2. Conquer Kurland, and some other provinces.
3. Annex all remaining Baltic provinces, so cutting Poland from any access to the sea

How to make Russia feel alone now that Denmark is no more ?
1. Select the mission « no Russian in Scandinavia »
2. Declare war on Russia
3. Have long fights against their armies in Novgorod and Moscow
4. Eventually conquer Kola, Karelia…
5. Annex these provinces.
6. Get the VP for a succesful misison
7. Do it once more to conquer Pskov and Novgorod for good measure

How to get entangled in Western European mess ?
1. Invite France to your alliance
2. Have France declare war on Netherlands and England and honnour your alliance
3. Conquer Friesen from Netherlands and Manhattan and Delaware from England.

How to find something else to do when you have achieved all your goals and there are still 15 years before 1792 ?
1. Diplomatically annex some German minors.
2. Declare war on Bavaria so that Austria can conquer and annex it.
3. Declare war on Turkey to give the Austrian a chance to reconquer some Hunagrian territory
4. Get unnerved when the Austrian get defeated.
5. Send troops through Austria to help them
6. Find yourself the uneasy conqueror of two landlocked Hungarian province
7. Say « I knew it » when Turkey declares war on you after that
8. Conquer two more landlocked Hungarian provinces
9. Wonder what to do with catholic provinces always rebelling…

Conclusion : win the game before Spain in term of VPs.

APPLAUSE!

What a sweet screenshot of Scandinavia. :)

You have achieved everything that Sweden could have realistically accomplished. Good thing that the game ends before the upheavals of the 19th and 20th centuries; holding on to those territories would have been hard to say the least.

Your 'boring' peaceful AAR turned quite violent at the end. It's hard to keep all those nice armies idle, is it not? ;)

Oh, and I love the way you showed Poland your gratitude. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Doomdark:
APPLAUSE!

What a sweet screenshot of Scandinavia. :)

Thank you, I knew it would please our Swedish forum members.

It's hard to keep all those nice armies idle, is it not?

Aaargh, I tried, I swear I tried, but the envy was too strong. It's mea culpa, mea maxima culpa, I admit it... History shall judge.

Oh, and I love the way you showed Poland your gratitude.
Yes it was the least I could do and I think they really did appreciate. :D
Now they can focus on land matters, which, I must say, is what they should have done from the beginning.

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!
the Baltic sea over floded. oh wait a minute.
IT'S SWEDEN, SHE CONQUERED THE WHOLE BALTIC COAST!!!!!!!!!!!! now if you could conquer provinces of other nations bordering the North and Black seas. that would be something.
thanks for the american screenshots. looks like you turned Sweden into an unstopable force. COOL!!!!!!!!
congratulations, you're on my 'T' list.
the 'T' stands for- 'TO CRUSH' VIA INTERNET WHEN I GET THE GAME. I LOVE COMPETITION, AND I THINK THAT YOU'LL MAKE QUITE AN OPPONENT.

P.S. if I do something nice for you ,when we play via internet, don't send me a thank you note.

------------------
THE KING IS DEAD, LONG LIVE HETMAN POLSKI.

Originally posted by Hetman Polski:
now if you could conquer provinces of other nations bordering the North and Black seas. that would be something.
Unfortunately, I have already reached 1792 but with Hungary as a Swedish possession. Strange however...

looks like you turned Sweden into an unstopable force. COOL!!!!!!!!
As long as other countries do not gang up against me, yes. The computer can be tricked, but human players will undoubtly be slier.

you're on my 'T' list.
the 'T' stands for- 'TO CRUSH'
WHy so much hatred ? ;)

P.S. if I do something nice for you ,when we play via internet, don't send me a thank you note.
Now ! Try to please people! How ungrateful, pfuuuu...

Originally posted by Tom:
Speaking of, I'm looking forward to the AARs to be posted when all you guys play each other in multiplayer.
This is a job for the Paradox boys who have extensively played on LAN. However, I doubt they will have time to do so (? ?).
Our beta version is hardly playable via normal modems...

I don’t hate you Yndenwal. I’m just jealous of your obvious skill.
The only way I can silence my jealousy is by totally destroying you, Sapura, and everyone else who creates a mighty empire. If I destroy my opponents then I can safely say that I’m the greatest tactician of all time.
Besides if I crush you, ( and Sapura), in one game, then in the second I can ally with you (and Sapura) and take my rightful place as the leader of our alliance, because of my obvious superiority.

I’M YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE.

HAVE A NICE DAY.

------------------
THE KING IS DEAD, LONG LIVE HETMAN POLSKI.

Originally posted by kenyou2:
Tell me what´s the best part, the ecomoic figure, warplay, diplomatic play or something else such as music, layout, etc?

I think it really depends on the country you play and your own style.
Warplay with Portugal can lead to a rapid doom, whereas it's the central point of a succesful Russian start.
I've just finished a game with Austria without much peace and it was very stressful...

So if I play such as Venice then the gamaplay would be more an economical challange then a war fere challange...have you played Svea Rike 2, in that game it is possible to change the most things as militarey strangh, iron, money and etc..does it work as the same in EU?

Yndy,
Since they all want a piece of you because of your strong play, I'll enter into alliance with your country in multiplay. However, if we are enemies, I intend to NOT give you the opportunity to 'thank me'. :)

[This message has been edited by KRonn (edited 02-10-2000).]

unearthing AARs from times past (beta)