• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
i suggest changing the cultures in italy because the lombardos are called that because of the germanic tribe called langobardo/lombard so you can change the provinces of lombardo culture to either: lombard(Central germanic culture group) or a new Longobardo/Langobardo culture or use the old langobardo culture that is in the south of italy.

And i suggest changing the Romanz culture in france to Romano-Gualic and change the name of the romance culture to Ibero-Romance.

And in the swiss-french area and in the burgundy area i suggest changing the culture to a germanic Burgunidan culture.

Last edited:
Holy shit, this looks amazing! I can't play the game without SWMH so I've actually never played a game at this start date. I would wait a million years to be able to play this some day. Hope it's still being developed.

I would love to help, but I don't really know what that would entail since I have absolutely zero experience with modding,

Holy shit, this looks amazing! I can't play the game without SWMH so I've actually never played a game at this start date. I would wait a million years to be able to play this some day. Hope it's still being developed.

I would love to help, but I don't really know what that would entail since I have absolutely zero experience with modding,

It's not being worked on anymore. Last i heard, duderino started working 12 or so hours a day, and had to stop developing the submod.

It's not being worked on anymore. Last i heard, duderino started working 12 or so hours a day, and had to stop developing the submod.
Well, it's a good thing that he left the github repository open, then, for whoever wants to pick it up.

Yeah. It's just me taking a break. Hard to do all this on your own, work 12 hours, and get laid ;) But for real though, it's open source, so anyone who wants to pick any up is more than free to do so. I'll try to get some more done maybe this next week.

After looking through the GitHub, what's the reasoning behind some of the localization changes from the last screenshots you've posted and now? Will there be a Proto East Slavic culture? Why have (what looks to be) 2 Visigothic cultures (localisation-wise)? What else will be in the Roman group?

Sorry if I'm asking too much at once

After looking through the GitHub, what's the reasoning behind some of the localization changes from the last screenshots you've posted and now? Will there be a Proto East Slavic culture? Why have (what looks to be) 2 Visigothic cultures (localisation-wise)? What else will be in the Roman group?

Sorry if I'm asking too much at once

The extra Visigoth culture was due to testing mostly, I think. I just need to clean all the extra stuff as a last last step. I think the Russian culture serves the role of a Proto Group, because there is only one used East-Slavic Culture. I may add smaller varieties of East Slavic at some point, which may open the door to that. As far as the Roman group is concerned, it's just for the Vulgar Latin speaking communities. Theoretically, Romanian could go there and maybe African Romance. There is always a balance that has to be struck between accuracy and gameplay. Romanian fits well in the byzantine group for game balance, but realistically they spoke a variety of Latin.

The extra Visigoth culture was due to testing mostly, I think. I just need to clean all the extra stuff as a last last step. I think the Russian culture serves the role of a Proto Group, because there is only one used East-Slavic Culture. I may add smaller varieties of East Slavic at some point, which may open the door to that. As far as the Roman group is concerned, it's just for the Vulgar Latin speaking communities. Theoretically, Romanian could go there and maybe African Romance. There is always a balance that has to be struck between accuracy and gameplay. Romanian fits well in the byzantine group for game balance, but realistically they spoke a variety of Latin.
You could divide the russian culture based on the tribes before the establishment of Kiev-Rus

You could divide the Russian culture based on the tribes before the establishment of Kiev-Rus

If that level of granularity was applied across the board, that would justify dividing Norse, Latvian and many other poorly documented groups into numerous cultures which all spoke the same language.

Last edited:
If that level of granularity was applied across the board, that would justify dividing Norse, Latvian and many other poorly documented groups into numbers cultures which all spoke the same language.
But if we divide culture by language you would not have norwegian, swedes or danes since they basicely speak the same language. And norse would have been divided by west (norwegian, isclandic) and east (danes, geats swedes) not by indentity.

But if we divide culture by language you would not have norwegian, swedes or danes since they basicely speak the same language. And norse would have been divided by west (norwegian, isclandic) and east (danes, geats swedes) not by indentity.
Same for all of the Germanies and Italies, as well as, arguably, the various Turkish groups. Imo, it'd be good for East Slavic to make use of the Ilmenian, Severian, and Volhynian culture groups that already exist in the files.