• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The update/Patch 4 shouldn't matter for Majesty, that is just bug fixes and hero adjustments.

So while it's unclear from your original post if it played successfully on your same laptop, with just the OS changing from 8.0 to 8.1 as the only difference, it sounds like the intro video may be having problem playing.

First, was there a display option when you installed Majesty? It can only be run at 800x600.
Second, can you edit the shortcut so that it has -nointro at the end of the shortcut patch?

Running out of ideas but...

1) Were there any other changes to the laptop aside from a possible OS change? New programs installed, old ones removed, anything substantial done with virus/malware checkers?
2) Just to verify, the -nointro was outside of the quotes of the shortcut path?

Yeah, I'm out of ideas, sorry. You may want to check Steam for sales for Majesty HD Gold, that should allow you to play on newer OSes (including Win10, if you ever upgrade up to it). It also has some bug fixes from the original Majesty and has a beta which will allow you to play with and create user mods.

Hello,
I have found issue for this problem with no starting Majesty 1. It is a safedisc driver error, which rises every time You want to start Majesty.exe.
Problem is with file:
C:\WINDOWS\SysWow64\drivers\SECDRV.SYS
which is installed by Majesty Installer, but is not compliant anymore with Windows 10.

Issue with possibile solution is described here:
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/play-games-safedisc-securerom-drm-windows-10/
and here:
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?697164-Possible-fix-to-win10-issues-with-secdrv-sys

and is common to many games from 200x years that were protected with Safedisc.
You have some options there (no-cd version, driver signing, virtual machine with older Windows version).
I'm testing driver signing now.