• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Pete0714

General
116 Badges
Jul 5, 2010
  • Cities in Motion
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • March of the Eagles
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Deus Vult
  • Darkest Hour
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Pride of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Sengoku
Seriously? This is a graphics only DLC!! I was ready to buy this thing! But HOLY HORSE ARMOR! This DLC does absolutely nothing for the game mechanics, not a thing but graphical additions, no music, no events, no traits, and several of the species are clearly lifts of molluscoid and fungoid graphics (and one very clear and bold lift from Marvel, which I question judgement on). What is Paradox thinking? Hey, I am usually one to pay day one price for DLC, but this is just ridiculous.

Reactions:
Yeah, saw this and then backed off as if I saw a spider on my keyboard.

I'm saving my money for Reaper's Due and that next EU4 expansion, not $7 for pictures.

Reactions:
It is animated art of several species as well as art for ships and stations (so one basically buys two things). It's natural that it will cost more than the graphics stuff from their other games.

Reactions:
yea, true. nevertheless its lookin great, but not for this price -.-

btw next species dlc: flying cash-cows
cash-cow-640x348.jpg

Reactions:
well...I mean yeah. What exactly were you expecting? I expected anywhere between 5-10 bucks.
Like, 5 dollars maximum I expected.

No big deal though, probably get it on sale some time.

Reactions:
It is animated art of several species as well as art for ships and stations (so one basically buys two things). It's natural that it will cost more than the graphics stuff from their other games.
If by animated art you mean the paper doll movements of the 2d images at joints, i guess you could call that animated. Its not even on par with Galciv 2 animation.

Reactions:
I bought it, because I've been waiting to play with the Plantoids ever since the cityscape was found in the 1.2.1 files. But yeah, $7.99 is a little bit steep, I hope that was a mislabel because it seems to be turning people away.

Reactions:
5 euros/dollars would have been cool. I mean there is ships and station design too. But the plantoids portraits are don't even imaginative! Some of them share postures and body with some olders portraits!

Like someone said this is market law. They are going to see if people are buying it a 8 euros, and if they sold a lot of them for this price they are going to do the same for all others cosmetic stuff.

Reactions:
If we just go about "manmonths spent" and compare to pricing we've done previously on other games, then 7.99$ is extremely cheap..

If 7.99$ does not work as a price point for a species pack with new ships, stations etc, then I doubt we'll ever make another..

Reactions:
Yes, I have to stress the importance of NOT BUYING at this price if you're dissatisfied. These companies care about their profit margins way before they care about posts on a message board, and you will be setting a new standard price if you let this fly.

Reactions:
I bought it, because I've been waiting to play with the Plantoids ever since the cityscape was found in the 1.2.1 files. But yeah, $7.99 is a little bit steep, I hope that was a mislabel because it seems to be turning people away.
Wait, not to pick on you, but you bought it at 7.99, yet you hope it was a mislabel? Shouldn't you have waited a little while to see if they change it then, if you hope its a mislabel? (which I sadly doubt it is)?

Reactions:
If we just go about "manmonths spent" and compare to pricing we've done previously on other games, then 7.99$ is extremely cheap..

If 7.99$ does not work as a price point for a species pack with new ships, stations etc, then I doubt we'll ever make another..

Well, then don't.

Reactions:
8€ for a cosmetic DLC seems to be expensive and was my first thought too, but the DLC is huge in comparison to other cosmetic DLC. Nevertheless i suppose splitting the DLC in half with a delayed release for half the price would have attract more people, even if the result would have been the same :O

Edit: On a second though, if they would have splitted it, people would come and blame paradox for making so many DLC, like it was the case in previous titels.

Reactions:

With all due respect, this argument sounds like an ultimatum...Buy this at 8 bucks, or Stellaris is done with development.

Reactions:

It is also being advertised as
the first major DLC package for Stellaris

Might want to fix that.

Reactions:
What is Paradox thinking?
That cosmetic content packs have a very limited appeal regardless of pricing when compared to content packs that are non-cosmetic, so if they are going to be making such cosmetic DLCs in the first place, they'd better take that into consideration when setting a price point to be able to recover their investment?

Just my guess.

Reactions:
I'm just going to play devil's advocate, but this is the same price range for all the cosmetic packs released in Paradox's other games. I'm not sure what everyone was expecting. Granted, Stellaris is in a much less finished state than the other titles so the backlash was probably more likely to happen.

Reactions: