4k Resolution Scaling Issues and Borderless Window as Fullscreen Bug

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

DryArchitect

Recruit
Mar 25, 2023
Hi Devs,
There is a still a Resolution Scaling Issue in the Build ID 10498508, the resolution 3840x2160, while the 2560x1600 resolution works fine. The scaling issue make it hard to select anything due to the shifted hitbox of the UI. There is empty border at the top of the gamescreen, as seen in the screenshot.
When entering Borderless Window Mode, the game behaves like Fullscreen mode, which is clearly not the intention of going into Borderless Window mode.

Attachments

• 4kResolutionScaleBug.png
    4kResolutionScaleBug.png
    6,7 MB · Views: 0
When entering Borderless Window Mode, the game behaves like Fullscreen mode
In what way? Borderless windowed mode does indeed look exactly like fullScreen - that's kinda the point of it!

what is the differences between Fullscreen mode and borderless window mode.
To put it simply, Full Screen mode takes up your entire screen and can be great for an immersive experience, but it can be a hassle when you need to switch between applications. This mode also uses different color settings, which is resulting in colors appearing more saturated compared to window mode.

On the other hand, Borderless Window mode lets you see the game and other applications simultaneously, similar to when you use the Alt + Tab function. However, there is a slight delay when switching to other desktop applications due to the way the game is displayed with other windows on your desktop. Additionally, the color saturation changes when the game is in focus, making it appear like it is in Full Screen mode. Hence, it should be called Borderless Fullscreen mode instead of Borderless Windowed mode. So Borderless Windowed Mode is equal to full screen mode. But it should be equal to Window mode.

It is important to note that Borderless Window mode should not behave the same way as Full Screen mode, but I am currently experiencing an issue where it is behaving exactly the same. This is causing a color saturation change and a short delay when switching to other desktop applications, which should not be the case. It should behave like a window in normal windowed mode where I can switch between applications instantly without any color changes. I believe this is a bug that should be addressed by the developers.

You seem to be describing bordered windowed mode there, not borderless which does fill the whole screen, in this and every other game.

You seem to be describing bordered windowed mode there, not borderless which does fill the whole screen, in this and every other game.
No, please read my message again and try to understand and other games does not behave like prison architect in borderless windowed mode in 4k borderless windowed mode, because PA behave like it is in fullscreen. Yes it should fill the screen but not as described before. Also there is no "bordered windowed mode" it's called just windowed mode or not fullscreen for almost all games. Also the UI Scaling for the 4k windowed is still a bug.

Last edited:
I was using the phrase "bordered windowed mode" for clarity, I'm not saying it is actually termed that within the game.

You are right, I'm still not understanding something - in what way exactly is borderless windowed like fullScreen in PA but not in other games?

I was using the phrase "bordered windowed mode" for clarity, I'm not saying it is actually termed that within the game.

You are right, I'm still not understanding something - in what way exactly is borderless windowed like fullScreen in PA but not in other games?
Borderless Window Mode is behaving the same as Fullscreen Mode when using 4K resolutions, as in it takes exclusive priority over all other windows. It's also causing the graphics to render lower on the screen than the game thinks.

Last edited:
Same issue for me. Unable to play in appropriate windowed resolution due to the afforementioned UI cutoff bug.
Can't play in Fullscreen or Borderless since the way its implemented disables HDR and forces my screen in and out of HDR every time I mouse out of the screen.
Tried disabling DPI scaling at both system and app level, same results.
win11

If I change my desktop res down from 3840*2160 to 2560*1440 then ingame res to 2560*1440 also starts showing this issue. Literally cant use same windowed res as my current desktop resolution.
Tried disabling HDR and Gsync fully, didn't help either.

Last edited: