• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Duke of Wellington

Khan
8 Badges
Sep 4, 2005
  • Europa Universalis III
  • For The Glory
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Rome Gold
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
This thread is to discuss a game in which multiple players lead the same country through a game for 40 years each.
It was first raised here

and continued here

Read the AAR

Due to problems with breakdowns in communication it has begun again.

Playing Order (Currently)

Bocaj -
G-Klav -
Carlec -
Duke of Wellington -
General Guisan -
Kanor -
Grundius -
Nagel -
Qelebex -
Lurken -

Subs

BrazilianHetman
Starclyde

Rules
Since we are trying to start afresh here and avoid the problems that have plagued the first attempt there will be rules that have to be followed.

The first is checking in here at least once a week or informing us if you are going away, can not do so etc. Failure to do so will result in getting booted, we want this one to get somewhere.

Secondly send all the save games not only to the person after you but to me.

Thirdly write an aar of your game in however you see fit.

We will be playing AGCEEP still to decide country and patch

If your name has waiting on beside it it just means we need to know if you are present and still planning to take part.

Last edited:
Latest AGCEEP patch...and why not Portugal or Venice?

When it comes to MyMap, I am indifferant.

How about OE then? A little of that and a little of this, or Novgorod?

That would work also...heck! I'm good with whatever country we decides on.

EDIT: Duke, your first link is broken.

I've said what I think of MyMap, and it is that I abstain, since it is indifferent to me.

I'm against MyMap for convenience issues. I say we play version 1.39 AGCEEP. As for the country, I'm not entirely indifferent - I prefer a European or perhaps Middle Eastern country since that's where the action is.

I am following the topics. There should be a link to the AAR.

In case I have to play my period, I will have to install these patches (I never get along with it - not such a computer expert, just a player).

I can see save/reload is not acceptable by our rules. Alright.

I am in.

I vote for:

- version: 1.09
- AGCEEEP 1.39 with fantasy settings off and random settings on ( I like the randomness. It is the randomness that keeps it a game.)
- map: Vanilla

AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!! Too many threads. LOL :rofl:

Good job Duke.

I'm certainly in.

Couple of thoughts--no offense of Bojac, but we haven't seen or heard from him in some time. He didn't reply (that I saw) to the last 2 pages of threads and, again no offense, but he took forever to play last time. I'm not trying to boot anyone, but just saying historically what did happen last time.

Second, I normally play on my Mac at home, but for this I was going to play here at my office on my PC so I can use 1.09. But 1.09 is new for me so I really am not interested in mymap. I'm sure its a fine mod and all that, but for this experiement, I'd rather not add things far off from vanilla. To me, AGCEEP is vanilla (I know others disagree), so that's not leading away. MyMap could be very cool and perhaps I should try it, but for now, if you guys are going to add mymap, then I think I'll pass. And I will abide by the majority rules, so don't think me god or something---if everyone loves the mymap thing and really really wants it, then I'm outvoted and I'll just watch the experiement from the AAR.

Third, Poland sounds fun and like Nagel said, I've never played Poland so that's good. BUT, for anyone who has, is there a "game over" option with them related to Russia or something? I've never played a country like that, but doesn't Poland or Lithuania or both have those game events where they are forced into something that is game over? I don't know, but I'd prefer to not start and then end up being Russia. If anyone knows that is NOT true, then Poland sounds great to me. Not too big so as to be way easy, not too small as to be a real super challenge for the first players.

It seems we may not see Bocaj again but I was giving him a fair go, this game is starting to feel a little like a horror movie with someone quietly removing players behind ourbacks :eek: . Would anone like to take over the first position since it appears to be open?

We won't be playing MyMap. I've played a couple of games as Poland and never come up against an option ending in game over. I think we should give it another 24 hours to decide the country and whos going first.

Vote Novgorod

@Starclyde: Are you also playing the Vanilla Game? We need four more players, and you could go first if you like. You would be finished way before your AGCEEP turn comes around, if ever. No double-trouble :)

Think of it:[tempting voice]... just play forty short years, and see how everyone screws everything you build up...you would be founder of an empire...