• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Kanor said:
I have just re-installed EU2 and am about to download AGCEEP again. Should I download the Base Version or the Deluxe version?

It makes no difference for gameplay.

On Poland: NO. I don't want to play Poland <-big objection :D.

No really, any nation is fine by me, just get this party started.

Grundius said:
On Poland: NO. I don't want to play Poland <-big objection :D.
Well tough ;) :)

Kanor said:
Well I have downloaded and installed the BAse version and everything seems to be working fine.

Thats good, hope you like it. Are you new to EU2?

Well, Kanor, welcome to our party. You've been given a great gift. This is a great forum crowd and there is tons of info for the new player. We were all new once and we've learned by sharing around here.

I would offer that there might be some concern to a completely new player in this. Just the idea of me playing my first game in something like this gives me chills. I mean, I didn't understand so many things. While we wouldn't want a person's gameplay to be tweaked, so if you don't like to trade a lot, then you don't. We also don't want something important missed simply because a new player didn't know about it (say, auto-trade option, or the problems with loans, unsure about leading an alliance or not).

Not trying to exclude you Kanor or anyone else, but I would think that you should at least have the basics of the game down solid. Of course, since you got it in June, perhaps you do. I know the "posts count" does not accurately reflect a person's skill or knowledge of the game. I just don't want the experiement to be tampered with simply because someone was unaware of a key aspect of the game (no need for ships to die at sea because a new player didn't know about attrition). That lack of knowledge would not be someone's fault---I certainly did know about things---but. . .

Do you guys get what I mean? :confused: Not trying to be anal or difficult.

Well, maybe we should clear up those things then. I believe the tutorial of EU2 does cover the basics about attrition (at least it did in EU1 iirc). The main problem is the many "underwater" features of EU. Bad boy and how it impacts things, inflation and stuff etc. Now in real life, there were many rulers who did not know how to rule a country. The main prob is that we are playing on VH and that causes some things that most people has little experience with, such as BB wars (I must admit I never triggered those except for a game in which I did some editing and triggered them in say 1421 :D). What we could do, is keep a "savegame buffer". When we pass a savegame along, we keep it until the next player has submit his succesfully. If it becomes too bad, we can bring back the older savegame.

We could otherwise opt for playing on hard or normal, or allow reloads.

PS 800th post: I'm a colonel now :D

Duke of Wellington said:
Its so easy to do, you just have to look at my exam results :(

Is there currently, to the next round of exams, I will ask a moderator to temp ban me. So I won't be distracted by the forums.

Duke of Wellington said:
:D Extreme measures, good thinking though. If only the mods could ban one from EU2.....
Yea...but it is much easier to access the forums, then to play EU2, since you can have the forums up and running and dash in for a quicky and get stuck. While with EU2, there is harder for such a situation tu occur.

The Phoenix is using this tactic with tempbans to study and I will follow him.