• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the forum girl! It's nice to see another like minded WOD farn, that understand how important cosmetics, customization, and how important it is for us to be able to see this customization. Just like looking in the mirror or taking a selfie! And they wonder why we are obsessed with looking at ourselves right? lol

Welcome! :D

Thanks! and I know right? I don't see the point on putting make up, a pretty dress, nice shows on my Toreador if I won't even be able to see her...

It just makes me sad.

I guess I'll weigh in on the actual topic of the thread....

I prefer playing melee focused games in a third party point of view. It lets me see and appreciate the combat animations and gives the fight a more dynamic feel. Being trapped in a first person point of view for melee combat makes me feel claustrophobic and makes me very aware that I can't turn my "head" or shift my perspective in a realistic way.

This exactly how I feel, combat should be prioritized as third person, to be able to see your animations etc. I don't see the point, of being a supernatural predator, that can pull off things a human can't if you can't see any of it. Not to mention the disciplines, just a flick of 2 floating hands just looks horrible to me.

I dont mind the game going into 1st person, when interacting with other characters, because then you can appreciate that character up close. But when it comes to my character, I want to be able to appreciate it, during combat, when walking around hubs talking to people and when sneaking around.

Thanks! and I know right? I don't see the point on putting make up, a pretty dress, nice shows on my Toreador if I won't even be able to see her...

It just makes me sad.

This exactly how I feel, combat should be prioritized as third person, to be able to see your animations etc. I don't see the point, of being a supernatural predator, that can pull off things a human can't if you can't see any of it. Not to mention the disciplines, just a flick of 2 floating hands just looks horrible to me.

I dont mind the game going into 1st person, when interacting with other characters, because then you can appreciate that character up close. But when it comes to my character, I want to be able to appreciate it, during combat, when walking around hubs talking to people and when sneaking around.
This is factually incorrect. You will be able to see your character during many moments in Bloodlines 2. The developers have confirmed that.

It's probably even safe to assume that you'll see your character's face way more often than you got to see it in Bloodlines 1. A lot of people here haven't played Bloodlines 1 in a long time and they don't seem to remember how third-person view in that game actually worked. In Bloodlines 1, you could switch to third-person view but the third-person camera was strictly locked onto the back of your character's head. The only time you got to see your character's face in BL1 was during a few cutscenes and on the character info screen.

Furthermore, third-person view in BL1 was strictly for melee combat only. Firearms combat had to be done in first-person view. It makes me wonder how these people who claim that first-person is unplayable for them got through BL1 in the old days. Did they only play melee builds?

They also said, they are using assets and mechanics from one of their other games. Styx Shards of Darkness, which is a 3rd person stealth action RPG similar to Assassins creed. Except Werewolf will have "Bestial Combat" and will allow players to go in guns blazing avoiding stealth if they want to and Styx meant a sure death if you didn't use stealth.

Oh yeah, the good old days. Hopefully the community will rebuild now, if they keep releasing games based on The World of Darkness. Maybe one company, will try revive the MMO, though I'm not sure what company could get it right, I think CCP was on the right track by following the Eve formula and giving players complete control of the gaming world.
It might get revived and they will earn more fans of bloodlines2 if they add tpp or tpp animation support

It just makes me sad.

You took the words out of my mouth, they keep saying the character creation in this will be amazing. I'm hoping for something as good as the character creation for black desert. As for outfits, I hope we get more than the few options the firs bloodlines had, though mods made that a whole lot bearable. I actually still played bloodlines as recently as last week, when I heard the announcement for this it made me want to play the first one all over again.

I guess some people here don't know, that in the table top guns were practically peashooters, and there were plenty of mods out there, that completely changed mechanics, added cutscines, with new recorded audio, and change rule sets and mechanics in the game to make it more in line with the table top game, which rendered the use of guns obsolete. It's the one thing troika games did't get right, about The Word of Darkness.

Hopefully in this few new games coming out, they actually do it right, where only a puny human would use a gun.

This is factually incorrect. You will be able to see your character during many moments in Bloodlines 2. The developers have confirmed that.

It's probably even safe to assume that you'll see your character's face way more often than you got to see it in Bloodlines 1. A lot of people here haven't played Bloodlines 1 in a long time and they don't seem to remember how third-person view in that game actually worked. In Bloodlines 1, you could switch to third-person view but the third-person camera was strictly locked onto the back of your character's head. The only time you got to see your character's face in BL1 was during a few cutscenes and on the character info screen.

Furthermore, third-person view in BL1 was strictly for melee combat only. Firearms combat had to be done in first-person view. It makes me wonder how these people who claim that first-person is unplayable for them got through BL1 in the old days. Did they only play melee builds?

While some games give me a headache and make me nauseous (like Fallout 4) Bloodlines 1 wasn't them but I still played all combat in 3rd person. I think I used guns two to four times maybe over all my playthroughs together. Personally, I just didn't like gun combat and I didn't like the tunnel vision I had while in 1st person in combat. So yes, it's quite possible they never used guns.

I'm also pretty sure people know 3rd person means the camera is behind the character, as that's how 3rd person usually is. It's still seeing your character and the outfit they have on which was what ToreadorVanitas was looking forward to.

While some games give me a headache and make me nauseous (like Fallout 4) Bloodlines 1 wasn't them but I still played all combat in 3rd person. I think I used guns two to four times maybe over all my playthroughs together. Personally, I just didn't like gun combat and I didn't like the tunnel vision I had while in 1st person in combat. So yes, it's quite possible they never used guns.

I'm also pretty sure people know 3rd person means the camera is behind the character, as that's how 3rd person usually is. It's still seeing your character and the outfit they have on which was what ToreadorVanitas was looking forward to.
Thank you. This is a helpful and well written post that answered my question in its entirety.

mod edit

Last edited by a moderator:
You took the words out of my mouth, they keep saying the character creation in this will be amazing. I'm hoping for something as good as the character creation for black desert. As for outfits, I hope we get more than the few options the firs bloodlines had, though mods made that a whole lot bearable. I actually still played bloodlines as recently as last week, when I heard the announcement for this it made me want to play the first one all over again.

I guess some people here don't know, that in the table top guns were practically peashooters, and there were plenty of mods out there, that completely changed mechanics, added cutscines, with new recorded audio, and change rule sets and mechanics in the game to make it more in line with the table top game, which rendered the use of guns obsolete. It's the one thing troika games did't get right, about The Word of Darkness.

Hopefully in this few new games coming out, they actually do it right, where only a puny human would use a gun.

On my very first play through, I did pick a gun, to try it. Back then I was barely starting to get into the tabletop game, I think I was a freshmen in highschool, and a couple of friends invited me over one halloween, and I just fell in love with the World of Darkness ever since.

But I always thought it was strange, I guess they were trying to appeal, to the FPS crowd to try and get a couple more sales. Regardless to say, after firing a few shots, I put it away and never used it again, same thing for other play throughs. I still played the game back in 2014, when I ran into a couple of mods I had never tried before. As well as reshades etc, if it wasn't for the animations, i would say the game still holds well. lol

And YASS! looking at my character is exactly what I was looking forward too. I don't want to be forced to play in 1st person. Give us a choice devs!

Last edited:
Don't comment on what moderators do. Why threads are locked is not part of the subject matter of this thread nor is it acceptable to discuss it.

It's exaclty what I was looking forward too as well, I know I sound like a broken record. But my characters are an extension on myself, if I can't see that extension of myself fully realized in the game world, it just kills my interest. I purely used melee and disciplines in the first game, I never touched guns.

On my very first play through, I did pick a gun, to try it. Back then I was barely starting to get into the tabletop game, I think I was a freshmen in highschool, and a couple of friends invited me over one halloween, and I just fell in love with the World of Darkness ever since.

But I always thought it was strange, I guess they were trying to appeal, to the FPS crowd to try and get a couple more sales. Regardless to say, after firing a few shots, I put it away and never used it again, same thing for other play throughs. I still played the game back in 2014, when I ran into a couple of mods I had never tried before. As well as reshades etc, if it wasn't for the animations, i would say the game still holds well. lol

And YASS! looking at my character is exactly what I was looking forward too. I don't want to be forced to play in 1st person. Give us a choice devs!

I was in highschool as well! My boyfriend at the time, dragged me to one of his friends basements, to "Try" it I thought they were pretty dorky back then, with dungeons and dragons etc.. But I also fell in love with the World of Darkness lol. For the record I still feel D&D is dorky, I never saw that guy agian, but I won't ever forget he introduce me to this universe.

This person seems to know what he is talking about, and if he is who I think he is. Then I have also used his mods for Bloodlines. No offense but while a mod would be great, I rather see the devs implement it in house. But if a mod is the only choice, then so be it as long as there is 3rd person, I don't care how it's done.

I'm in agreement with you! It should be done by the developers. Mods are okay, but it would be better if it was done in house.

That's probably because, there's been rumors floating around that CD Projekt Red, will be unveiling a 3rd person free roam for the game at E3. It was on the reddit before being removed, as well as the steam forums. I couldn't care less about cyberpunk though.

In any case they are right, after reading previous comments by you, it's not worth it. Ignored.

If the news about Cyberpunk is true, that changes things for me! I doubt that I'd pre-order it, but it would most certainly be on my "to buy" list.

It's exaclty what I was looking forward too as well, I know I sound like a broken record. But my characters are an extension on myself, if I can't see that extension of myself fully realized in the game world, it just kills my interest. I purely used melee and disciplines in the first game, I never touched guns.

I was in highschool as well! My boyfriend at the time, dragged me to one of his friends basements, to "Try" it I thought they were pretty dorky back then, with dungeons and dragons etc.. But I also fell in love with the World of Darkness lol. For the record I still feel D&D is dorky, I never saw that guy agian, but I won't ever forget he introduce me to this universe.

I've never even tried any other tabletop games. It's all been Vampire the Masquerade for me, I also played Werewolf the Forsaken, but not as much as masquerade.

I'm in agreement with you! It should be done by the developers. Mods are okay, but it would be better if it was done in house.

If the news about Cyberpunk is true, that changes things for me! I doubt that I'd pre-order it, but it would most certainly be on my "to buy" list.

Yes, right now it's still dismissed as a rumors. We'll have to wait until E3 to see. But In all honestly I probably would still not care much for it. I'm usually not attracted to shooters, this game I feel strongly about which is why I'm here. I do agree it would be better if the devs did something, I hope they care enough about the WOD fans to allow both perspectives. Like LordTremere, pointed out, it won't hurt or change the experience others would have with the game. If anything they'll get more sales out of it.*sigh* a girl can only dream....

I've never even tried any other tabletop games. It's all been Vampire the Masquerade for me, I also played Werewolf the Forsaken, but not as much as masquerade.

Yes, right now it's still dismissed as a rumors. We'll have to wait until E3 to see. But In all honestly I probably would still not care much for it. I'm usually not attracted to shooters, this game I feel strongly about which is why I'm here. I do agree it would be better if the devs did something, I hope they care enough about the WOD fans to allow both perspectives. Like LordTremere, pointed out, it won't hurt or change the experience others would have with the game. If anything they'll get more sales out of it.*sigh* a girl can only dream....

Let's hope that cooler heads prevail and everyone benefits as a result. There's really no need for there to be so much discord over this issue. It's a game and we should all be able to enjoy it.

Let's hope that cooler heads prevail and everyone benefits as a result. There's really no need for there to be so much discord over this issue. It's a game and we should all be able to enjoy it.

I agree, all we can do is wait after all. This will be 5 long months, before we can even see real game play. Let's keep our heads cool, and have a nice civil conversation.

I don't get what you're saying, several of my characters used primarily firearms and I still used 3rd person view with them, it was a little more difficult in the begining when firearms stats are low and weapons are trash but as soon you got a little better stats and weapons, it was pretty easy, I still remember using the Assault rifles as a Ventrue going up the Ventrue Tower.

The game is an immersive first person only experience, but it does feature some moments where you'll see your character in third person view.

The game doesn't have a full third person mode, but there will be several ways to see your characters in 3rd person view, but we can't share any specifics at the moment though. :)

Extremely disappointing I do not want to play this game in FPS at all, I quite enjoyed Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (first game) cause of the option of playing in either FPS or Third Person. You have made the choice for me of loosing interest in this game and never buying/playing it all cause of no third person option. If I want to play a FPS game I will play one, this game again should have both options from the start either FPS or the option to play in third person from again start to end. Just like the other vampire the masquerade bloodlines game

I'll probably still give the game a chance. I have expectations, born of nostalgia and love for the prior game, these have been disappointed but not enough to end my enthusiasm.

Plus, making the active choice to limit action to a first person perspective, giving the developers more control over the player perspective, will present them with opportunities to more precisely and expertly craft the visual narrative of the game. It's higher risk, but maybe it'll be great, especially for something that I hope will rely on mood and atmosphere.

Extremely disappointing I do not want to play this game in FPS at all, I quite enjoyed Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (first game) cause of the option of playing in either FPS or Third Person.

Yes, I have to agree - and disagree with the moderates. I didn't play 1 in FPS at all. I play a lot of tabletops and bethesda/early bioware games, so I don't really engage at all with FPS except for party games like Overwatch. I dearly love Vampire Masquerade, but I just won't be buying or playing it without 3rd person. I won't feel like I'm roleplaying anymore, instead I'll just feel like I'm being pushed into an experience as myself. A highly disinteresting pov for me and turnoff.

I don't get what you're saying, several of my characters used primarily firearms and I still used 3rd person view with them, it was a little more difficult in the begining when firearms stats are low and weapons are trash but as soon you got a little better stats and weapons, it was pretty easy, I still remember using the Assault rifles as a Ventrue going up the Ventrue Tower.

I didn't use guns at all. I am one of those that also found it odd, that they would have Vampires using guns when in the tabletop, they were just there, for humans to fend for themselves. Honestly I hope Hardsuit, doesn't make this mistake. But then again, all they know is first person shooters, so more than likely guns will there, hence the decision to go 1st person only for this game.

Extremely disappointing I do not want to play this game in FPS at all, I quite enjoyed Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (first game) cause of the option of playing in either FPS or Third Person. You have made the choice for me of loosing interest in this game and never buying/playing it all cause of no third person option. If I want to play a FPS game I will play one, this game again should have both options from the start either FPS or the option to play in third person from again start to end. Just like the other vampire the masquerade bloodlines game

Yes, I have to agree - and disagree with the moderates. I didn't play 1 in FPS at all. I play a lot of tabletops and bethesda/early bioware games, so I don't really engage at all with FPS except for party games like Overwatch. I dearly love Vampire Masquerade, but I just won't be buying or playing it without 3rd person. I won't feel like I'm roleplaying anymore, instead I'll just feel like I'm being pushed into an experience as myself. A highly disinteresting pov for me and turnoff.

Sadly, it is exactly what they did. They made a choice for us, without even interacting with the community. But that is why we are here and we have this thread. Hopefully they will realize that there is demand for both views, and at least provide the tools to make it moddable, though the concensus is that people would like for the mods to somehow work it into the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.