• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That huge end tier fortress looks especially cool.

Reactions:
There are 7 upgrades of forts right? At what levels would the defenses evolve?
There are only 4 fort levels.

These models look good. What happens if the province in question is very small though? That last fort model doesn't look like it would fit on my Trieste province. Will it just disappear, similar to manufactories currently if the city sprawl gets too big in a small province?

Reactions:
Are there any Unique buildings that add defensiveness? I'm thinking Theodisian Walls for Constantinople. :)

Reactions:
These are seriously awesome fort graphics, these are great for adding some immersion to the map.
I can't wait for 1.12!! :eek:

Nice looking castles. Reminds me of a youtube video showing the growth of one of the fortified cities in the Netherlands(?). Anyone know which video I'm thinking of? I'd like to watch it again.

Oh boy, those look great. Can't wait to have a couple of Star Forts hanging off the Pyrenees to hold the French hordes away from the Spanish Mainland :D

Awesome! I wsa actually a little worried they'd be medievalesque castles throughout - this is a great relief and only makes me more excited for Common Sense :D

I like them. A bit bizarre though: It will be strange to see the exact same fortress built everywhere...
Well, I for one would like to be able to tell what level the enemy's fort is by looking at the 3D fort on the map. Hopefully it's moddable so modders can add in unique ones, but at the same time, they're going to have to make unique forts that changes as it levels up, or else it could be weird.

Hordes will have castles???

Yes, that sounds a bit off, but if you replace castles with "fortified places" it will be easier to swallow.