• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Harmit

Recruit
16 Badges
Mar 19, 2014
  • Ancient Space
  • Dungeonland
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Surviving Mars
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 -  Back to Hell
  • Crusader Kings III
I just got this game 2 days ago through Steam. I played off and on and managed to get up to Mission 5. This evening I got frustrated with not getting 5 cargo ships through and ended up doing a few skirmish rounds and looked at the first part of the tutorial. I quit the game and then restarted it about an hour later to find all my saves and mission progress was completely gone. The only options are [New Game] and [Missions] where it seems to let me do missions 1 thru 4, but not 5 (related to progress?).

The game has been pretty good up until this point.

Anyone else have any lost progress problems?

Did you make manual saves at all?

If so are they in the save folder of Ancient Space?

(In Windows 7 it's in Libraries/Documents/My Documents/Ancient Space/ Random number here. I.E: 7656117878787899911 )

You find the saves listed as Save_3babe8bc.Game
and a file called Progress.dat that I believe records your progress.

If they are there but not showing up move them to a new folder, then start a new game, make a new save and exit, see if the new save can be loaded.

Assuming it can be, exit the game entirely then rename one of your older saves with whatever name the game gave the newer save and move it into the save folder in place of the new save and see if it will load?

Hello,

Unfortunately this is a known problem, and we are aware of it. Currently there is being looked into a more solid solution, until then, please use the workaround given below so you can access your save games again. My sincere apologies for the inconvenience this issue has caused you!

1. Open Steam and go to your Games Library
2. Right click on Ancient Space and select "Properties"
3. Navigate to the "DLC" tab
4. Uncheck "Bonus Content DLC"
5. Go to the "Local Files Tab"
6. Click on "Verify Integrity of Game Cache"

Then restart your game and you should be able to access your previous saves again!

Note that any saves started BEFORE you unchecked the Bonus Content DLC will not be visible without the Bonus Content DLC Enabled!

I did nothing at all other then go to bed and find myself patched and a greyed out continue button.

I followed your directions and got the continue button no longer greyed out allowing me to not have to repeat 7 missions.

I can live without the saves for now ...

Does the "bonus content" DLC offer anything new or different that we'd miss out on by disabling it?

This worked as described. Thanks mucho!

Hello,

Unfortunately this is a known problem, and we are aware of it. Currently there is being looked into a more solid solution, until then, please use the workaround given below so you can access your save games again. My sincere apologies for the inconvenience this issue has caused you!

1. Open Steam and go to your Games Library
2. Right click on Ancient Space and select "Properties"
3. Navigate to the "DLC" tab
4. Uncheck "Bonus Content DLC"
5. Go to the "Local Files Tab"
6. Click on "Verify Integrity of Game Cache"

Then restart your game and you should be able to access your previous saves again!

Note that any saves started BEFORE you unchecked the Bonus Content DLC will not be visible without the Bonus Content DLC Enabled!