3000 soft attack,Germany surrendered 20 days after barbarossa began

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

charlottep51

Second Lieutenant
23 Badges
Nov 25, 2021
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
122.jpg

difficulty setting: Germany Italy strengthen 4
I know heavy TD battalion are cheaper, but I need 12km/h

123.jpg

121.jpg

• 7Like
  • 4Love
Reactions:
That division looks good, but also very expensive. How did you make 24 of them? Did you completely neglect air? SPAA aren't that good at protecting against CAS attacks this patch, and a '41 Germany should have 3-5 thousand planes without being strengthened. With the industry boost from custom difficulty they'd presumably have even more.

That division looks good, but also very expensive. How did you make 24 of them? Did you completely neglect air? SPAA aren't that good at protecting against CAS attacks this patch, and a '41 Germany should have 3-5 thousand planes without being strengthened. With the industry boost from custom difficulty they'd presumably have even more.
They built nothing but this division on land, this is nuts

• 1Like
Reactions:
normal difficulty + fuill custom difficulty (+4) for GER ITA

I actually have 48 of this division

Five-year plan +10% production efficiency CAP
defence industry +10% production efficiency CAP
Use 2 +100% research card (from Five-year plan focus) on 2 1941 industry tech
Use 1 ”-2 years ahead” research card (from Five-year plan focus) on 1 1943 industry tech
125.jpg

I'll start with a prototype tank that doesn't need tungsten
126.jpg

Then convert (replace turret) the tank ,+280% production efficiency , that's the final tank
In this way, I can save a lot of civilian factories which is suppose to buy tungsten in the early stage

• 11Like
Reactions:
normal difficulty + fuill custom difficulty (+4) for GER ITA

I actually have 48 of this division

Five-year plan +10% production efficiency CAP
defence industry +10% production efficiency CAP
Use 2 +100% research card (from Five-year plan focus) on 2 1941 industry tech
Use 1 ”-2 years ahead” research card (from Five-year plan focus) on 1 1943 industry tech
View attachment 780218
I'll start with a prototype tank that doesn't need tungsten
View attachment 780219
Then convert (replace turret) the tank ,+280% production efficiency , that's the final tank
In this way, I can save a lot of civilian factories which is suppose to buy tungsten in the early stage
Oh, you used the conversion exploit. That saves resources AND quite a bit of IC. That makes sense.

What about enemy airpower though? Did the AI just not use its planes?

• 5Like
Reactions:
Oh, you used the conversion exploit. That saves resources AND quite a bit of IC. That makes sense.

What about enemy airpower though? Did the AI just not use its planes?
AI has lots of planes, but the airfield in map are limited,
They never upgrade or build new airfield
I captured Warsaw and East Prussia airfield within 36 hours of the war, Czech airfield on days 7-10
The AI can't use its air force effectively as long as player charges fast enough

• 2Like
Reactions:
Am I the only one irritated by the 31 7月, 1941 date format?

• 5Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Dates in Chinese are supposed to be something like 1941年7月31日 and not that abomination.

• 6Like
Reactions:
Am I the only one irritated by the 31 7月, 1941 date format?
Not until you mentioned it!

My guess is that there is no space to write the 年 and 日 characters in the date window, and then everything went downhill from there.

• 4Haha
Reactions:

The weird part about the exploit is that I can't even think of a way of it even being fixed in a good way without entirely removing every bonus whatsoever (including the researches), after which people will never convert anything anymore because of how it would just take too much time to do which then arguably would be better spent in producing other equipment.

And to be honest I don't feel bad about using it either because the tanks and various modules are just too expensive currently.

Last edited:
  • 7Like
Reactions:
The weird part about the exploit is that I can't even think of a way of it even being fixed in a good way without entirely removing every bonus whatsoever
Convert cost IC and time. The input tank was not used in battles. The alternative is build a not top tank but still kill enemy at the first place at reasonable cost.

And to be honest I don't feel bad about using it either because the tanks and various modules are just too expensive currently.

Tank is both more expensive and cheaper. Just change and mix them, with other tank variant and moT. 15/5 tank looks so outdated!

Reactions:
Convert cost IC and time. The input tank was not used in battles. The alternative is build a not top tank but still kill enemy at the first place at reasonable cost.

Care to go on in detail about your solution? Because I believe I didn't understand how it would fix the conversion problem.

Tank is both more expensive and cheaper. Just change and mix them, with other tank variant and moT. 15/5 tank looks so outdated!

True, 15/5 is boring/inefficient now, takes extreme amounts of tanks and hence IC.

But that said I don't really like the weirdness of the SPG/TD battalions currently have either, because they open new problems with their weird combat width/tank amount ratio (which still outperforms regular tanks).

I feel like they just should have made every tank battalion no matter if regular, SPG, TD etc... all 2 width, and for regular tanks as well as SPG or TD to require all the same amount of tanks per battalion (only difference being if it's Light/Medium or Heavy) so there is nothing you can save in IC and that it becomes really a matter of taste and which roles you want to serve instead of "using SPG/TD is sooo much better than regulars because they cut the IC cost in half".

• 2Like
Reactions:
Care to go on in detail about your solution? Because I believe I didn't understand how it would fix the conversion problem.

True, 15/5 is boring/inefficient now, takes extreme amounts of tanks and hence IC.

But that said I don't really like the weirdness of the SPG/TD battalions currently have either, because they open new problems with their weird combat width/tank amount ratio (which still outperforms regular tanks).

I feel like they just should have made every tank battalion no matter if regular, SPG, TD etc... all 2 width, and for regular tanks as well as SPG or TD to require all the same amount of tanks per battalion (only difference being if it's Light/Medium or Heavy) so there is nothing you can save in IC and that it becomes really a matter of taste and which roles you want to serve instead of "using SPG/TD is sooo much better than regulars because they cut the IC cost in half".
Also the fact that you can put a howitzer/HV cannon on an AFV and call it a "tank" OR an SPG/TD, so you always pick"tank" because you get the same stats for less combat width.

Can someone go in more depth about the conversion? The turret seems to be the same in both cases so I don't know what he means by change the turret.

1. First, design a tank using one of the same chassis. Save. Let's call it A
128.jpg

2. Replace some of the custom parts (another gun in my case) with the same chassis. Save it as new design as another name. Let's call it B
129.jpg

3.produce A and B
130.jpg

4. Click on this dot to decommission this tank
131.jpg

5. Now I can convert the old model A to the current model A(left click the location √ )
132.jpg

• 9Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Also the fact that you can put a howitzer/HV cannon on an AFV and call it a "tank" OR an SPG/TD, so you always pick"tank" because you get the same stats for less combat width.
And more cost too. Also you lost the benefit to have the stats of all purpose tank gun (hard attack and piercing). You will need a TD or Mot AT, then lost some width benefit.

In my current game I will test good all around tank battalion , and just try fill in MOT and MEC to save cost.

Ah so the tank B costs Tungsten, and you avoid that by converting the tank A, to tank B. ?

I must not be understanding, because converting A to B still uses tungsten for me on the beta patch.

Or is it the production costs that's a benefit here? God I'm thick.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions: