• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Epic Harp Seal

Corporal
46 Badges
Nov 2, 2017
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Semper Fi
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
3000 Hours.PNG

3000 Hrs baby! I have no idea how that compares to others but I would love to see if anyone has played longer than that?

• 6Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Either I, or my machine, cannot draw any of the '[battle planner]' options for Diddly OR Squat; so I'll have fun by learning how sub-systems work, tile-by-tile across the world .
@PrussianTiger has it right, manpower is a factor, and I want Zhukov to BLITZ Latvia in 8 days (tops) with 6-8 L.tanks in late '36, for instance .

Or fixing my mistakes, like this Game's {f30c} major goof : the FINN RAID of '42, where the FINNS slipped me a Mickey !, and forced me to build the Red Air Force, at the time .
How did this happen ?, I was building up the pre-war western borders {Poland,Romania} to HOLD off Barbarossa, and Axis didn't want to attack at 1:3 odds ... but the Finns had an open border, so I held Murmansk; Finns took out the rest of Kola peninsula, took Archangelsk, almost reached the Urals, and closed into 5 tiles of Moscow .
But I had seen what was going on, and raised 24 INF XXs, railroaded them in front of the Finns, to block them; while Zhukov's tanks took them from behind . Thereafter came the Conquest of Finland, and the invasion of Norway, going south .
Seeing the Finn raid, the Afghanis started to nibble on my southern borders, so I raised another 24 INF XXs into an "Army of Migration", to hold Tashkent; and sent another army of INF heavy hitters to Afghanistan to complete Afghanistan's Conquest, as Zhukov (August-September'42) headed to Romanian oilfields .

Then the Japs decided to get into Siberia [OH ! SHIT !*!*!] , and the Allies pulled off an early D-Day in '43; leading up to a Soviet avalanche in the West; Berlin fell on 15 January'44, and soon capitulated after losing 2 more capitals [Vienna, Stuttgart] . Their 4th capital, OSLO, holds court over a shrinking Norway; #5 will be in AFRICA .
The Hero city of Vladivostok still holds, and We are sending armies East to relieve the Siege there; along with Axis turf in Asia, from the Japs .

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
For @Eric Harp Seal, I find ((battle planner)) to be inefficient, quite capable of spreading my units ALL OVER THE MAP in the proposed area, ineffective in pocket cleaning, and a real pisser when I can't draw the lines where I want them to go .
That said, I go micro to do what's needed, MY way .

Continuing #11 this thread : As Soviets, the Allies did a D-Day and hold Holland, Belgium, France; Italy factioned early,and NEUTRAL at present; Axis I'll split into East and West .
East Axis : Japan (+the M&M puppets), China .
West Axis : Germany (dead x3), N.France (dead x1), Spain (dying), + minors .
German capital #4 is Oslo .
N.France capital is Vietnine (sp??) .
Spain has Madrid, but not for long; Brits are eating Spain, can bail out to Canada .
AFRICA split between Allies and Axis; Suez Canal blown !
Axis units (all) strewn ALL over the World .
USA is a sweaty NEUTRAL, surrounded by Spanish Canada and Axis Mexico .
I 've a small navy in Norway; but I'm going to get one for Indian Ocean ops .

Delightfully confusing, isn't it ??

Last edited:
3000 Hrs baby! I have no idea how that compares to others but I would love to see if anyone has played longer than that?
I remember the days....
I've not even logged all the hours in Steam but 3khrs was at least a year or two back (don't tell my wife). :cool:

Give me another 2 weeks and I'll join the 3,000 hour club. :D
Btw. I think it would be very interesting to compare the number of achievements reached. Until recently, I only got 1 (!) achievement with well over 2,000 hours playtime. Then out of boredom I started achievement runs for a week before I remembered why such arbitrary meta gaming goals are pointless and reverted back to mods.

1596744976426.png

• 2Like
Reactions:
Btw. I think it would be very interesting to compare the number of achievements reached. Until recently, I only got 1 (!) achievement with well over 2,000 hours playtime. Then out of boredom I started achievement runs for a week before I remembered why such arbitrary meta gaming goals are pointless and reverted back to mods.

View attachment 606178

I got 1171 hours only and every achievment :p

dwdwddw.png

• 5Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Mine is 525 hours only.

I just love how in HoI4, someone can talk about having "only" played it for 525 hours :cool: I'm a game floozy, so I'm on about "only" 1500 hours (HoI4 is top of the table, with EU4 second and daylight third). I still really enjoy each time I play this game, even when I'm not tinkering away modding (which only adds to the enjoyment) - there's a lot of fun to be had :)

• 1Like
Reactions: