• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kalle dussin

Bearded
28 Badges
Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • March of the Eagles
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
screen.php

screen.php

screen.php

It looks great actually, I'm loving the little pictures in each province, I guess showing various things that have been built.

Originally posted by shadewolf
Nice screens, whats the current release date please ?
January 20, at least in North America.:)

The screen shots look just like COTN. I like that game. It is an easy game to play.......

Galadriel said:
More (and better) screenies
Gamespot

Great pics, thanks Galadriel but the lack of information/posting about this game has made me take a step back from purchasing upon release. I normally just buy at release so Paradox can get the maximum benefit out of my consumption but there is just nothing out there on this game, I dont know anything about it other then when its set, and it is using the COTN engine.

:confused:

Wow, January 20 is almost here. This lack of activity/information might just make me forget to buy the game like it did just now!:eek: :(

Heck, the TT is listed on ebgames as selling for $19.99. At that price, I'll pick it up and post some impressions.

--
EnPeaSea

Wow. That is really cheap. I thought it would be about $10 more.

If it hadn't been for Vicky, I'd posted an AAR, but alas..now school begins, so I'm afraid it's a missed opportunity. This weekend perhaps, if I get Patric's permission I can throw up some screenies and write a bit. :)

Carolus Rex said:
If it hadn't been for Vicky, I'd posted an AAR, but alas..now school begins, so I'm afraid it's a missed opportunity. This weekend perhaps, if I get Patric's permission I can throw up some screenies and write a bit. :)

Will the COTN engine be improved? Takes forever to load in Windows Me and, I understand, in Windows 98. Will COTN be patched to improve this problem? Word was it would be months ago. Thanks.

Phillip V said:
Wow, January 20 is almost here. This lack of activity/information might just make me forget to buy the game like it did just now!:eek: :(

The link Galadriel posted had the 1/20 release date but I never trust release dates from anyone other then the publisher or the producer. I know it went gold in Oct and I understand that Vicky is the bigger release for Strat first and Paradox.

Whats puzzling is there is no mention of TT on the stat first site when I checked this weekend, and I dont know who else publishes for NA. Heck thier isnt anything difinitive if it will be published or not in NA. There are a few of us who never played COTN, or the Svea Rike games so we dont know whats different in the game mechanics as opposed to EU, HOI. Thats one of the aspects of the game that makes it intresting for me, that and the time period.

Thanks for offering to post info Carolus, we all know Vicky is a big release and requires attention, Im under no illussions that TT would somehow supplant it on the front burner, but literally there is nothing out there, maybe a confirmation of whos publishing it would be a good start, I emailed Strat First havent gotten a reply (didnt expect one but worth a shot). Any info your allowed to give would be appreciated, even just your personal impressions of the game play would go along way, again a lot of us have never played one of the Svea games.

Im just curious on a side why is it that these Svea Rike, COTN games get less attention then Vick, EUII and HOI? Is the difference in the gaming engines that dramatic? (hard to tell from the screenshots).

Johnnie said:
Will the COTN engine be improved? Takes forever to load in Windows Me and, I understand, in Windows 98. Will COTN be patched to improve this problem? Word was it would be months ago. Thanks.

I'm afraid I can't answer this for you, that's Patric's and the ones who did the game.

EnPeaSea said:
Heck, the TT is listed on ebgames as selling for $19.99. At that price, I'll pick it up and post some impressions.

--
EnPeaSea

Well, for 20 bucks, even if it sucks I can't be that mad. And I'll be supporting Paradox...

I think the lack of interest is due to bein buried in what looks like a subforum. And also, no advertising. EU2, and HoI had decent advertising. Victoria didn't even have much. I hope Paradox is ok...

I guess with this they're trying to appeal to a niche withing a niche.