• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Urban was just a gun casting master. Ottoman historians say that the drawings of these balls belong to the Mehmed the Conqueror. By calculating for guns with insufficient range. It is said that he made shots by bouncing off the water surface. One of the genius names of her time.

Reactions:
Urban was just a gun casting master. Ottoman historians say that the drawings of these balls belong to the Mehmed the Conqueror. By calculating for guns with insufficient range. It is said that he made shots by bouncing off the water surface. One of the genius names of her time.
Court historians attributing the siege solely to the might of the ruler? I'll be dammed

• 3Haha
  • 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
What do you mean? I've wrecked the Mamluks before 1500. I take one province from AQ to release Syria then reconquest + take Palestine in every first war vs Mamluks as the Ottomans. Yeah it's not a total conquering but EU4 doesn't allow for those kind of mechanics.

There is a way, but you need to attack Cyprus and White peace between wars.
Egypt revolted as soon as suleiman rose to the throne, so we don't exactly want the historical outcome

i was talking about AI...

I also recently used the trade policy available when having more than 50% trade power. It gives an additional 10% and increase by one the maximum canons impact leading to having +6 instead and +5 before revolution age bonus!
It is more situational though, as it works only in that trade area and if you have already 50% there is no much fort left here.

I also recently used the trade policy available when having more than 50% trade power. It gives an additional 10% and increase by one the maximum canons impact leading to having +6 instead and +5 before revolution age bonus!
It is more situational though, as it works only in that trade area and if you have already 50% there is no much fort left here.

Very useful for sieging back your forts though

Few people seem to mention spy networks when talking about sieges. 100% spy network gets you 20% siege ability against a particular Kingdom's forts.
Every little bit helps.
This 100%.

If I have a major war I start building a spy network to at least 50% before DoWing ad will hire a Spy Network Advisor if needed. It's a hugely underrated way of sieging faster.

The fact is, if you have high army tradition + high professionalism + offensive ideas + a spy network + a siege general + the right siege composition sieging becomes a lot easier. The Ottomans lend themselves to meeting the above