[Unofficial] 3.4.5 'Cepheus' Known Issues / Community-maintained bug list - last updated July 19

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
"those battles will take a very long time" i thought that was neat and battle where not a two seconds affair anymore :(

Can we add a QoL: Mercenary Fleets just leave your service without any notification of the contract is about to end. This can lead into very awkward situations when in a war or when Radiant Shield is passed. Suggestion, their is already a button to end the contact in the Fleet outliner, maybe ad a button to Extend Contract?

Also QoL: Its hard to see from which Merc Enclave your Fleets are from. Maybe add a small Icon next to the main one to directly contract the enclave for Fleet expansion or Streamline Fleet UI to incorporate all Fleet related options for Merc Fleets.

Here is my suggestion: Merc Enclave Flag next to Fleet name and a "Extend Fleet contract" button next to the Cancel one.
Merc Fleet rework.png

Also the whole Merc Fleet power interaction with Diplomatic value is strange. I think Merc fleets should not count against Diplomatic value but the enclaves should give a % modifier. So renting out Fleets just to win a vote is not Exploitable.

Also a Bug: My Merc fleets always loose their admiral and never get a new one. But it may be because of my mods, can somebody confirm this in vanilla?

Last edited:
  • 8Like
Reactions:
Game developers really should learn to act on threads like these I went to Steam to purchase Overlord, read the comments regarding rebelling primitives and immediately decided nah I won't bother yet, I'll wait another six months and check again. I wonder how many sales these companies lose simply because they can't be bothered to quash the bugs in a timely manner -this guy here has collected them all in one handy place and saved you the trouble of tracking them all down, use those saved man-hours to fix the bugs and enjoy the resulting financial boost that comes from doing that.

• 8Like
Reactions:
Also a Bug: My Merc fleets always loose their admiral and never get a new one. But it may be because of my mods, can somebody confirm this in vanilla

Ive had this in vanilla. I also had a bug (though this was my fault) from accidentally creating a merc enclave with naked corvettes. The enclave endlessly produced upgraded corvettes that couldn’t merge with the main fleet. I ended up with hundreds of one corvette fleets in my system, stretched in a line between the enclave and fleet.

I had to destroy all merc fleets with console commands to get it to work.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Game developers really should learn to act on threads like these I went to Steam to purchase Overlord, read the comments regarding rebelling primitives and immediately decided nah I won't bother yet, I'll wait another six months and check again. I wonder how many sales these companies lose simply because they can't be bothered to quash the bugs in a timely manner -this guy here has collected them all in one handy place and saved you the trouble of tracking them all down, use those saved man-hours to fix the bugs and enjoy the resulting financial boost that comes from doing that.

It’s certainly an argument for open betas, and early week releases.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Appreciate the effort, I have my own equivalent of this in an internal doc that I've been building over the weekend. Will be using this thread for comparison :)

• If you gain ownership of a planet while Marauders you hired are bombarding it, they become hostile to you. [Report]
I remember this as the first bug I submitted in 2018, so I did a search and found various bug report of the same case since 2.0.
It's probably working as intended. "Someone paid me to raid this planet, and I don't care who you are."

Reactions:
Appreciate the effort, I have my own equivalent of this in an internal doc that I've been building over the weekend. Will be using this thread for comparison :)

Good to hear.

Beyond the matter that it seems there might be some missing 0s or somewhat unbalanced values in the vassal contracts, one of the ones that I'm most eager to see fixed is the vassalization wars breaking off the wrong half of the empire in status quo, as naturally I both want to correctly vassalize what I conquered if I did such a war and I also want the empires that the AIs are running to be generally "correctly formed" when they evolve through such wars.

SEPARATE POINT: Some of my science ships as a Scholarium had the upgrade to new designs and upgrade icon in their interface, suggesting they could upgrade to an Arctrellis, but they apparently do not. In fact, only Arctrellises that I built directly were as such. I would recommend that either it be made clear that science ships can't be upgraded into Arctrellises [if this is the intent] by removing the upgrade arrow and Update to New Designs options for some [but curiously not all of them] OR if it is intended for them to be upgrade-able to make it work more consistently (or maybe even auto-upgrade your science ships into Arctrellises).

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hi, I'm new to the forums and I'm facing an issue since the update I'm not seeing being discussed anywhere. Whenever I try to negotiate a vassalage contract with another Empire the game just crashes after 2-3 seconds. I've attempted removing my mods thinking they were the cause, though I'm using only updated mods, but same problem, game keeps crashing.

Has anyone else seen this issue or heard about it? Every time I try to look it up I just find people discussing the issues regarding the vassalazation acceptance, but nothing about the crashes I've been having in 3 different games so far. Any ideas?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Enclaves and Mercenaries
There is also a bug with destroyed mercenary enclaves. If a system had a mercenery enclave before which got destroyed, the "There is already an enclave here" flag is not cleared, prohibiting you from creating a new enclave in the system.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I've got a couple bugs I reported.

1) when a nation becomes independent from an overlord, all megacorp branch offices vanish from the outliner, lose all buildings, but still remain on worlds

2) destroying a megacorp leads to all their branch offices becoming neutral/unkillable.

3) imperial fiefs waste all their influence signing treaties so can't expand during the early game

A new one for the list, haven’t made a report though…
When playing progenitor hive, mercenary fleets suffer the penalty for not having an offspring ship, even though they literally can’t have that, and aren’t even your ships.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I just did a little testing of the tracking stat in combat to confirm:
- Evasion stats are within margin 5% the base evasion of ships
- Hit% + Miss% = base accuracy of guns+/-5%
Seems like tracking is completely gone

Attachments

• 3.4.2 evasion bug.png
    3.4.2 evasion bug.png
    571,7 KB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I just did a little testing of the tracking stat in combat to confirm:
- Evasion stats are within margin 5% the base evasion of ships
- Hit% + Miss% = base accuracy of guns+/-5%
Seems like tracking is completely gone

Anyone else kind of like that battles are lasting longer? I've not tested it, but I assume that if tracking is broken corvettes and destroyers are more viable. Obviously it should be fixed but I wonder if a rebalance of evasion vs tracking would be a good way to weaken the battleship meta.

• 6Like
Reactions:
Thank you very much for your hard work on this thread, and glad to hear that Paradox is on this and will be using the resource you’ve put together for comparison.

I noticed several of these in my own game, and ended up accidentally scamming a number of empires with the monthly trade deal bug before I realized what was going on. I’d love to have a “cleaner” game, and a lot of those things are fairly significant balance/quality of life issues too. So I’ll be putting my current game on hold and starting from scratch once the hot fix comes out. But I will be looking forward to 3.4.4 and any betas that might be offered based on it!

• 3Like
Reactions:
some good discussion and examples of a late-game economic issue here, also with comments from the dev

Reactions:
Thank you very much for your hard work on this thread, and glad to hear that Paradox is on this and will be using the resource you’ve put together for comparison.

I noticed several of these in my own game, and ended up accidentally scamming a number of empires with the monthly trade deal bug before I realized what was going on. I’d love to have a “cleaner” game, and a lot of those things are fairly significant balance/quality of life issues too. So I’ll be putting my current game on hold and starting from scratch once the hot fix comes out. But I will be looking forward to 3.4.4 and any betas that might be offered based on it!

I think you mean 3.4.3, but yeah, a 3.4.3 hotfix and beta, followed by 3.4.3 proper or 3.4.4 would be nice.

Reactions:
[QoL] Searching for anything that isn't the exact name of a page on the Stellaris wiki causes an error. Not really a game bug but the wiki is official and the problem has persisted long enough that I figured I'd mention it here.
Out of everything on this list, that you're acknowledging this issue makes me the happiest. EU4 wiki works pretty well in that respect.

• 4Like
Reactions: