• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just came back to Vicky after an extremely long time just to give it a spin. Is it possible that the "security update" was accidentally performed on a 3.03 version of the game? That's all I'm getting.

Just came back to Vicky after an extremely long time just to give it a spin. Is it possible that the "security update" was accidentally performed on a 3.03 version of the game? That's all I'm getting.

You are getting 3.03 after installing the security update ? Likely because you didn't install 3.04 in the first place.
Unless if you refer to what the launcher displays. In that case, reread the last line of the opening post...or in short, ignore that display.

Last edited:
You are getting 3.03 after installing the security update ? Likely because you didn't install 3.04 in the first place.
Unless if you refer to what the launcher displays. In that case, reread the last line of the opening post...or in short, ignore that display.
I played with 3.04 many times (same installation). I played it both on beta launch day, and when it was fully integrated. 3.04 should automatically install now. This is especially troubling, since attempting to use the original 3.04 beta on Steam, ALSO results in 3.03...
42960_20200715202747_1.png

I played with 3.04 many times (same installation). I played it both on beta launch day, and when it was fully integrated. 3.04 should automatically install now. This is especially troubling, since attempting to use the original 3.04 beta on Steam, ALSO results in 3.03...View attachment 600425
This is confusing.
What was it with the "security update" you were complaining about ? Oh, you were just wondering that you got 3.03...
This together with "after an extremely long time " made me having to assume you don't use the Steam variant.

Either way, the update installed automatically and fine for me and seemingly everyone else.
Seems Steam can't install anything on your computer.
You got a tech support issue....assuming there is no version still selected in the Betas tab..

Last edited:
This is confusing.
What was it with the "security update" you were complaining about ? Oh, you were just wondering that you got 3.03...
This together with "after an extremely long time " made me having to assume you don't use the Steam variant.

Either way, the update installed automatically and fine for me and seemingly everyone else.
Seems Steam can't install anything on your computer.
You got a tech support issue....assuming there is no version still selected in the Betas tab..
I will attempt a reinstall again, but just to be clear, I have 9,274 games on Steam and have never had a problem with updates in years (not since the era when workshop items wouldn't download when subscribed to if you had too many, etc.). Just to be clear, you booted Victoria 2 since May 4th and confirmed with your own eyes that it's 3.04?

...I have 9,274 games on Steam and have never had a problem with updates in years ..

Of course i was refering to this case with Vic2 specifically and now.
Regarding the reinstallation, delete the Vic2 folders in Steamapps/common and in Documents/Para.. manually.
Steam alone won't delete everything. Safer that way.

Just to be clear, you booted Victoria 2 since May 4th and confirmed with your own eyes that it's 3.04?

Yup.
Again, i recommend to contact tech support.

Last edited:
Of course i was refering to this case with Vic2 specifically and now.
Regarding the reinstallation, delete the Vic2 folders in Steamapps/common and in Documents/Para.. manually.
Steam alone won't delete everything. Safer that way.

Yup.
Again, i recommend to contact tech support.
It eventually fixed itself after multiple re-installs (not uninstalling and reinstalling, but by deleting every folder and verify integrity of cache, so Steam doesn't download the same "broken" stuff). If anyone else ever has this problem, just don't give up on the first attempt...

As 3.04 now has been in beta for a year, I think its about time we made it the official version.

No changes have been made from the beta patch, the main reason to setting it live is to give new people finding the game a smoother ride in.

If you like the older version better you can still access is via the steam interface.

Note that the only change here is how you download the steam patch, for none steam users see this thread:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...4-for-non-steam-clients-checksum-wnvu.907301/

For Patchnotes, see original beta thread:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ria-2-3-04-beta-patch-merry-christmas.898844/

Merry Christmas!

edit: Launcher still says 3.03 is latest version, will change that later.
4 Years later still says 3.03.... Double threes... Victoria 3 confirmed.

• 3Haha
  • 1Love
Reactions:
lolz, i also have 3.03 patch, bought the vic2 from steam, dont want to go into deleting stuff, as illiterate that i am with comps i will mess everything up, so fk it, i guess its 3.03, just dumb that a friend of mine downloaded a pirated game and has it 3.04 .. lol..damn

lolz, i also have 3.03 patch, bought the vic2 from steam,..

If you refer to the year old Irueleatgames' posts above, then simply rename the Vic2 folder in Steamapps/common and in Documents/Parad../
and reinstall afterwards. It was the first time i read about such issue.

Be sure your Vic2 has no Betas patch selected in its Steam properties, as then it won't install the default version.

If you don't refer to aforementioned posts, then look in the main menu for the patch version, not in the launcher.
My now deleted post assumed it was the launcher confusion issue you were refering to.
Also, better don't use the 'pi'-word. Just a recommendation.

Hello, I know I am very late to post this.
I purchased Victoria 2 last week from Steam. While I can see the latest version here is 3.04, it is still showing 3.03 in the game.
When I try to change the version from Steam, it is showing 3.04 is beta. I do not want to use beta.
What i am assuming is that my version of the game is updated, it is just the game launcher that shows a different version.
If anyone is around, I just want to clarify whether this is the case.
Kindly note that 3.03 is working okay for me.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-11 161956.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-11 161956.png
    551,2 KB · Views: 0
It's a combination typo and misunderstanding. Do not select any beta and you will have 3.04. Ignore the 3.03 in the launcher. Have fun!

Reactions:
Hello, I know I am very late to post this.
I purchased Victoria 2 last week from Steam. While I can see the latest version here is 3.04, it is still showing 3.03 in the game.
When I try to change the version from Steam, it is showing 3.04 is beta. I do not want to use beta.
What i am assuming is that my version of the game is updated, it is just the game launcher that shows a different version.
If anyone is around, I just want to clarify whether this is the case.
Kindly note that 3.03 is working okay for me.

You can see the correct patch version and checksum in the main menu after launch on the bottom left.

When you use mods then the checksum (four letters right to the patch number) changes, but the patch version remains 3.04.
As RELee said, ignore the launcher. That page inside the launcher simply didn't get updated.

• 1Like
Reactions:
You can see the correct patch version and checksum in the main menu after launch on the bottom left.

When you use mods then the checksum (four letters right to the patch number) changes, but the patch version remains 3.04.
As RELee said, ignore the launcher. That page inside the launcher simply didn't get updated.
Yes, absolutely. Thank you.

I am putting up a screenshot indicating what you have described, in case any other lost soul comes over here.

Attachments

• vict2.png
    vict2.png
    1,7 MB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Reactions: