• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks.
But the game crashes on windows 8.1

On Windows XP it works good.

Microsoft Reactionaries enforced their demands in Victoria 2.
Windows XP will become new ruling OS.
Political reform selected: 32-bit OS
Political reform selected: 4 GB RAM Limit

Lose 32 prestige.

:)

Reactions:
Beuschov forgot to write with Platypus power so I am just putting the magical platypus symbol on here.

Reactions:
As 3.04 now has been in beta for a year, I think its about time we made it the official version.

No changes have been made from the beta patch, the main reason to setting it live is to give new people finding the game a smoother ride in.

If you like the older version better you can still access is via the steam interface.

Note that the only change here is how you download the steam patch, for none steam users see this thread:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...4-for-non-steam-clients-checksum-wnvu.907301/

For Patchnotes, see original beta thread:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ria-2-3-04-beta-patch-merry-christmas.898844/

Merry Christmas!

edit: Launcher still says 3.03 is latest version, will change that later.
Will the Update ever come to Mac?

Will the Update ever come to Mac?
Not anytime soon, it seems. The Mac version of Vic2 was developed out of house, and they haven't been involved in this.

Since it's official now, I decided to go for the 3.04 through my steam library. But wow. No longer do I have to use task manager to exit the program. One bad thing I instantly noticed is that there's no longer any awesome classical music or no audio whatsoever? Something about just me, I hope?

I'm trying to play DoD and im having trouble getting that right patch to work. My game is HoD v3.01 (SPRK) I have downloaded patch 3.02 to 3.04 but with 3.02 and 3.03. My computer says it cannot find VicII HoD installed even though it is. What am I doing wrong?

I'm trying to play DoD and im having trouble getting that right patch to work. My game is HoD v3.01 (SPRK) I have downloaded patch 3.02 to 3.04 but with 3.02 and 3.03. My computer says it cannot find VicII HoD installed even though it is. What am I doing wrong?
This might be better asked in the DoD thread in the modding subforum, but does your unmodded 3.04 work?

This might be better asked in the DoD thread in the modding subforum, but does your unmodded 3.04 work?
No I have been trying to get the patches working but so far 3.03 can't find HoD and 3.04 won't work without 3.03. I have been told that I do not need 3.02 to get 3.03 to work but the issue is trying to get the patches to know that I do have HoD installed. 3.01 which is what I currently use is working fine.

No I have been trying to get the patches working but so far 3.03 can't find HoD and 3.04 won't work without 3.03. I have been told that I do not need 3.02 to get 3.03 to work but the issue is trying to get the patches to know that I do have HoD installed. 3.01 which is what I currently use is working fine.
Ah, I just responded to you on reddit. I'm stumped.

Okay, so I managed to get in contact with someone at Virtual Programming to see if they will patch Victoria 2 on the Mac Client and they replied with 'we patch the game once a patch has been made official' which tells me that the patch is out but the devs at paradox haven't made it official or maybe there is just a lack of communication or a mix up but at virtual programming they seem to think the patch is still in beta.

It is official, though maybe not official enough for VP?
Looks like they don't know it is official, or know that it is, but nobody on paradox called/email them (probably they need the source code of changes to do the patch).

OR, they don't want to do it for whatever reason.

@Totesmygotes97, I will tag @Besuchov, maybe he can answer you.

I remember seeing a dev or a quasi-dev creating a little add-on to the patch as a x-mas present to the community with transversal inventions (or something like that)
Would it make sense to put a platypus on it or stick is somewhere here for reference?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

I remember seeing a dev or a quasi-dev creating a little add-on to the patch as a x-mas present to the community with transversal inventions (or something like that)
Would it make sense to put a platypus on it or stick is somewhere here for reference?

You refer to this ? :
I actually got to make a nice list with potential changes, but sadly the release of TfV and work on other projects kept us busy and we never got past that very first stage.
However, what I can offer you is one of the things that I wanted and that was easily scriptable (mostly because it is already part of my DBZ mod): Synergy Inventions.

There is one for each tier in each tech category and it is activated by researching every tech of that specific tier within that category (e.g. all tier IV Culture techs). Synergy Inventions have a (+) at the end of their name to distinguish them from regular inventions.

Each Synergy Invention gives a small bonus geared towards that specific tier's timeframe. Should make some of the weaker techs more desireable and incentivise players from NOT completely ignoring some of the Commerce or Naval techs.

I'll attach the little thing as a mod below. Put it in your V2 mod folder, activate it via the game launcher and enjoy.
Not save game compatible! English localisation only!

Merry Christmas - and long live the queen!
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?attachments/xmas-rar.226712/