3.0.3 Mod from workshop not working, local mod does.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Delani

Private
80 Badges
Aug 31, 2004
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
Hi.

So I have a weird and annoying issue.
I have created a mod called "Pop move cost rebalance", which basically removes the influence cost for moving pops in 3.0.3, and also a slight energy reduction.

My issue is, that I have uploaded it to both the Steam Workshop, and the Paradox Mods.
Now I usually just subscribe to my mod on Steam, and load that mod, and disable my local mod. But at the moment the Steam version does nothing.

I can load my local mod, and the prices are correctly reduced.

I have tried creating a new mod, and copied the old local files to the new mod, uploaded this to steam. But running this, also did nothing.
I also tried subscribing to the mod on Paradox mods, and having this active. but still did not work.
I also tried changing the load order, having load both first and last, also nothing.

Now I do have other mods installed. So I checked and played a game with only my mod active, and it still did not work while loaded from steam.

The files modified are, all the files in the following folders.
\common\defines
\common\pop_categories

Anyone have a suggestion to what could be the cause of this, and possible how to fix it ?

When you "disable" the local mod, do you move it out of your mods folder or are there separate versions for the local and steam version?

Typically it's better to just not subscribe to the workshop version of a mod you make due to issues like this and since, well, you already have a copy.

When you "disable" the local mod, do you move it out of your mods folder or are there separate versions for the local and steam version?

Typically it's better to just not subscribe to the workshop version of a mod you make due to issues like this and since, well, you already have a copy.
I disable or enable mods by using the slider in the playlist menu.

The mod stays in the folder I create using the "Mod Tools" in the Paradox Stellaris launcher, and after i update the mod, and upload it to steam, I manually go and un- and resubscribe to the mod. As i have previously experienced that steam does not manually update my own mod if I dont.

My own mod is in the \Documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\mod\PopMoveCost folder, and the downloaded steam mods are in the \Documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\mod folder, as individual .mod files.
I checked if Steam might just not be updating correctly, and deleted all .mod files and downloaded the mods again, just to make sure steam was not interfering. but same error persists

And yes, I can always just use my own local copy of the mod, but on steam I have 33 subscribers and 2 on Paradox. and would like to have it working. :)
As I created and posted my mod, because i was unable to find another that did the same. :/

My own mod is in the \Documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\mod\PopMoveCost folder, and the downloaded steam mods are in the \Documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\mod folder, as individual .mod files.
Yes, that's the mod folder I was talking about. Having both the local mod and the steam version "active" in the files causes issues like the one you're experiencing now. Either moving the popmovecost folder and .mod out of the mod folder or unsubscribing from the steam version should fix it.

Generally, it's recommended you don't subscribe to mods you upload while you still have a local copy because it causes this issue, unless you're planning on working with multiple versions.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yes, that's the mod folder I was talking about. Having both the local mod and the steam version "active" in the files causes issues like the one you're experiencing now. Either moving the popmovecost folder and .mod out of the mod folder or unsubscribing from the steam version should fix it.

Generally, it's recommended you don't subscribe to mods you upload while you still have a local copy because it causes this issue, unless you're planning on working with multiple versions.
What @Mr. Morague said. Paradox Launcher cannot distinguish between two identically named mods.

• 1Like
Reactions:

Thank. that was the solution

Being newish to creating my own mod, I had not experienced this before. And getting the error i thought anyone subscribing would not have a working mod.