27th of November, 18:00cet- - Simulation Stream and Q&A

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

A_Spec

Tinkerer
144 Badges
Jun 13, 2012
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Starvoid
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • War of the Vikings
  • Pride of Nations
  • Magicka 2 - Signup Campaign
  • Magicka 2
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
6eiYWXB.jpg

Where ; http://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive
When ; 18:00cet
What ; Cities Skylines ; Simulation
Who ; Jakob Munthe & Karoliina Korppoo

Last month we showed you the mechanics behind the game and it's policies system. However, it's time to look at the nitty and gritty of how the simulationworks, how you can impact it, ect. We'll be bringing in Karoliina, the lead designer for the game into the studio to explain all the relevant aspects of the simulation. Feel free to post your questions regarding the subject in this thread and we'll select the ones that we feel are relevant.

So join us on the 27th, at 18:00cest on our Twitch channel; http://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive. See you then.

Last edited:
October...? I can't wait til next year!

Please be nice and gentle with mouse movement ok, promise? ;)

good grief, now people will stop crying how this aspect hasn't been FIRST FIRST FIRST to come up after the poll that specifically said that the winner might not be the first one to come in a dev diary.

This is by far the thing I wanted to see the most :p

I would have two main questions.

1. How much data is there to a citizen?
Say, age group? Job? Wealth of Job? Education? Family group it belongs to? stuff like that. I'd like to know how much of a citizen is stored. It's look, even? :p

2. How much of what we see is what you sim?
I know I shouldn't compare, but just for the sake of examples. On SimCity (Glassbox) whenever smoke came out of a factory, that was a rule being executed, consuming resources, and injecting pollution into the air and a bit to the ground. That visual representation, smoke, wasn't just a playing animation, but was tied in to something that was also happening on the simulation. On the other side, when a building was built, the "little people working on the building" was an animation and not tied in to anything to the simulation.

So wrapping up... How many stuff like that are there in Skylines? Clearly cars are true parts of the simulation as well as citizens (not "street with bunch of cars" like SC4) since you must simulate the traffic. What else is a representation of simulation rules / mechanics / behaviors and not just timed animations played once in a while or in a loop?

I'd have more questions of "does it do this" or "does it have that" but that could be too broad. Better wait for you guys to introduce those stuff :)

Cheers! :D

I'm certainly looking forward to this.

I'd like to see how we'll be able to affect citizen's life, something like a new pollutant industrial area makes angry some citizens and make other people richer and, then,
they move to a better neighborhood or a bankrupt company that generate unemployment and unhappiness.
It would be nice to see that life expectancy will be increased with a good public health system, also some people unemployed that become into criminals...
Do you know what kind of things I mean?

Very excited about this new :D

PS: Will there be some way to help unemployed people or homeless, dope, scholarships for students, some help for large families?

Last edited:
Ah, good, the meat and potatoes. Here's a question: will CiMs interact with landmarks and parks? For example, would a pedestrian stop in a plaza if it was on their route, near their home or workplace?

Oo pick me!

1. Is there a lifeline for the CiMs? Are they born, go to school, work, retire, and die? Will there be nursing homes for the aging population?
2. How much is attached to an individual CiM? Do they get assigned a car, house, family, job ect?
3. Do CiMs reproduce new CiMs?