• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thank you for showing us the Patchnotes early!

Do characters you freed from Prison using the Intrigue Focus from WoL owe you a favor afterwards? If not that seems like a sensible addition to me...

EDIT: Do the new traits (brawny etc) also apply to the Zunist religious festival events?

Reactions:
- Added some fixes to mercenary events.

- Fixed game over caused by daughters running away and becoming mercenaries

The portrait for the daughter on the event window is broken too.

And I have to ask did you happen to decrease the frequency of this event because I have definitely had at least one daughter each generation go shack up with the Lombard band, or the commander of the adriatic galleys ffs.

I notice it seems to happen to unwed daughters that are just loitering at court. And I have to say if the purpose of this event is to discourage the player from the strategy of just putting daughters on shelves to avoid claimants.

Lol. Please stop attempting to discourage me from perfectly legitimate strategies, especially when it isn't going to work. I know I'm assuming the developer's motivation and if I am wrong I apologize.

But since the beginning of time my policy has been, if I do not need an alliance or a few backup cousin heirs, you are going to a nunnery. I play this dynastic game skinny sometimes, its fun, it works.

And I just have this feeling that someone finally realized well there really is nothing stopping the player from avoiding the dangers of sisters and claims lets put this event in to try and make some random bastards. Because I don't have enough of those already.

Reactions:
How much of a negative opinion modifier for a suicide's successor? And will this occur even outside of primogeniture?

Dammit guys I know it was a little bit exploity (especially with muslims) but why can't you just let me have my fun. Its not like depressed comes that often.

To be fair, it's only slight hyperbole to say that rulership focus guarantees a depression.

Reactions:
No chance of a Liege Loyalist faction to balance out all those anti-liege factions?
Isn't Loyalty the baseline from which rebellion is the dissent?

Reactions:
Can you please, for the love of every f'ing denomination that is holy (or unholy) fix the god **** pillage button. I really don't see why it's not being addressed, as it can easily ruin ironman.

Reactions:
Can you please, for the love of every f'ing denomination that is holy (or unholy) fix the god **** pillage button. I really don't see why it's not being addressed, as it can easily ruin ironman.

Having not played a pillaging character post conclave what is wrong with it?

Reactions:
Having not played a looting culture post conclave what is wrong with it?

"Settle as feudal" is on the same button. So if you don't watch it like a hawk it's incredibly easy to accidentally "settle as feudal" and become an OPM. when you had no intention of settling. Worse, is that every eligible city/barony is in the list and you have to cycle through each and every one of them (by clicking the button while avoiding to accidentally become feudal in every one of them) to get to pillage option sometimes. The whole button design is fubar.

Reactions:
Having not played a pillaging character post conclave what is wrong with it?
IIRC, the pillage action and the settle action have the same alert button, so it is rather easy to settle by mistake when you intended to pillage.

Reactions:
Wow, with so many nerfs to defensive pacts, will they ever do anything any more? I suggest larger realms should still be allowed to join, in case the threatening realm has allies.

Reactions:
- Primogeniture and ultimogeniture no longer blocked if the character stands to inherit titles that could potentially make the inheritance illegal (will block if those titles are actually inherited instead)

Can anyone explain this point of the patch notes. I can't understand.

Reactions:
I've lost several hours of gameplay in ironman just from pressing that settle button instead of pillage.

Reactions:

This . So many times over. I would ask for an auto pillage everything button but I'll even take this over this entire patch

Reactions:
- Added scripted triggers which check for related traits, e.g. is_strong_trigger checks for either strong or robust. Others are: is_dumb_trigger, is_weak_trigger, and is_smart_trigger
Is "robust" supposed to be "brawny"?

"Settle as feudal" is on the same button. So if you don't watch it like a hawk it's incredibly easy to accidentally "settle as feudal" and become an OPM. when you had no intention of settling. Worse, is that every eligible city/barony is in the list and you have to cycle through each and every one of them (by clicking the button while avoiding to accidentally become feudal in every one of them) to get to pillage option sometimes. The whole button design is fubar.

IIRC, the pillage action and the settle action have the same alert button, so it is rather easy to settle by mistake when you intended to pillage.

Oh I remember that.

That's been a danger since Horse Lords I remember the numerous times I would almost accidentally settle as feudal. It got to the point where I started to condition myself to slowing down when it was time for pillaging.

They should make it an intrigue decision.

Pillaging is a regular occurrence for a nomad it makes sense to have it in the convenient spot for every county. But settling as a nomad isn't an everyday thing, it's literally a once in a play-though thing. So why does the button need to be in a convenient place in which the player might accidentally click it.

Reactions: