• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Bloodlines is in my top 3 games of all time and this was my most anticipated game of 2020.

But after all the firings and now complete silence from the developers, I'm starting to wish they had never started making Bloodlines 2.

More and more its starting to feel like its going to be a huge disappointment.

Its probably not going to be a bad game per say (when its finally released), but its also not going to be anything ground breaking. Just another average RPG that will be forgotten within a year. Which for a sequel to such a cult classic as the first Bloodlines is heart breaking.

We'll see how it ends up.
I'm personally still happy that Paradox gives it a shot - even if it might miss. At least it's note like the Jagged Alliances series, that gets one bad try to revitalize it after another.

Reactions:
See, for all of Cyberpunk 2077's delays, the team never truly went radio silent at any point. I do worry when a development team goes silent for too long. Much like Techlands & Dying Light 2.....another game I had really been looking forward to in 2020.

Thing is there is a difference between radio silence and just a gap. There is a game, Colony Ship that got monthly DD. From 09/11/2019 to 31/01/2020 nothing, no December DD. Neither on March of this year or June. Last Dev Diary wan in July. Another one, Starmancer one DD each month. Until march, they skip April and in May they speak of the plague, then until 13 of November nothing at all. There can be gaps, but i know they keep working on the game. With Bloodlines we don't even have that. Funny thing, during the development of Starmancer they made a new engine for the game and needed to remake it from scratch. Literally:

New Engine
We’ve (basically) created an entirely new engine for Starmancer. We’re still using Unity for rendering, animations, input, and some other things, but the rest of back-end is completely new.

We essentially recreated the game from scratch.

They decided to remake what they have done. And not only that across the dev diaries you can find there are systems they just scraped and added. Like the one of the colonist wastes and reprocessing that. With Bloodlines II the devs could be doing something just like that. We don't know,m they don't tell us and that is were things get complicated. An open honest production can be good, with BLII they decided to just go black box. We don't know what they are doing or even if they are doing anything at all. Even if they made mistakes being honest and telling that, or telling us of "we decided to give the game a 180º turn because of X" they would get more positive reactions from the community. They decided to enforce the tradition of the blood silence and just like that things go south with the fanbase. Hope both HSL and PDX learn from this :)

CDPR uses a dev tracker on their forum too. Before the Summer, they were talking a lot but they weren't revealing new stuff about the game. Most CDPR dev posts were about contests and merchandise.
Sorry, but no. They've released a pretty awesome gameplay video in August 2018, and several more followed since then. The newer videos from half a year ago looked yummy enough to get me pregnant just watching other people play, and all the contests and stuff they did have been excellent marketing strategies that kept us engaged, even though they've pushed the release-date, too. The CP community never got that frustrated and left in silence as we are here.

With Bloodlines 2 they made the same marketing error as they have done with The Secret World; they really went for it too early with their community building, fan-base feeding, Clan introductions, hunt for blood points and so on, and since "the train wreck we don't want to mention here" it just went downhill.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I think that HSL really thought that the game would be released in Q1/2020 , therefore the initial marketing campaign.
Then they probably had some technical issues, so the first delay .
Then something went wrong, really very very wrong. I suspect they discovered some big issues in the basic setting of the game structure. What exactly happened , probably we will never know.

Anyway , almost a year is passed without any meaningful news ( I don't consider the last 3 DDs meaningful : "Today lets talk about nothing, also Covid.." )

BEfore the end of the year, a serious post about the game status and its future would be behoove.
( I don't envy Feeona , who is constantly facing fans with torches and pitchforks , and for sure cannot say nothing until authorized )

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Sorry, but no. They've released a pretty awesome gameplay video in August 2018, and several more followed since then. The newer videos from half a year ago looked yummy enough to get me pregnant just watching other people play, and all the contests and stuff they did have been excellent marketing strategies that kept us engaged, even though they've pushed the release-date, too. The CP community never got that frustrated and left in silence as we are here.

With Bloodlines 2 they made the same marketing error as they have done with The Secret World; they really went for it too early with their community building, fan-base feeding, Clan introductions, hunt for blood points and so on, and since "the train wreck we don't want to mention here" it just went downhill.
Here's a summary of CP2077's entire marketing release schedule.

Early 2013: Teaser
Rest of 2013 to mid-2018: NOTHING (gap bigger than HALF A DECADE)
Mid-2018: One trailer and one gameplay demo
Rest of 2018 to mid-2019: NOTHING
Mid-2019: One trailer and one gameplay demo
Rest of 2019 to mid-2020: NOTHING
Mid-2020 to present: Monthly videos leading up to the release

In any case, we were talking about CDPR's forums and nothing I just mentioned was released through those forums. Now, if we were to judge this game using the same standards for CP2077, then Hardsuit is doing just fine.

• 2Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
While I think comparing CDPR/CP2077 with Pdox/HSlabs/VtMB2 is a bit unfair (both due to size as well as experience), I don't think the main issue is marketing per se but rather release date delay and preorder period.

CP became available for preorder June of '19. VtMB2 March of same.
CP was first announced for April of '20, VtMB2 for March of same.

If CP's December release happens, that'd make for ~1.5 year preorder period whereof 8 months would be delay.
VtMB2 will likely end up with a preorder period in excess of 2 years of which at least a year will be delay.

I think neither of these will make it into the handbooks on consumer expectation management.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Wasn't this game announced years ago? It barely registers on the hype meter as there is no coverage or news coming out. I was/am really looking forward to it as an old WW player (mostly Mage, but some Vamp) and the original Bloodlines.

Reactions:
Wasn't this game announced years ago? It barely registers on the hype meter as there is no coverage or news coming out. I was/am really looking forward to it as an old WW player (mostly Mage, but some Vamp) and the original Bloodlines.

No, it was a closely kept secret until March 2019, when it was announced with a huge amount of fanfair. That's also when we got the original Q1 2020 release date......which I felt was their first mistake. They should have kept the release date more open-ended, just limited to 2020.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
No news, basically, except bad news. There's some stuff you can scrounge from Twitter (hey, new lead writer from Mass Effect: Andromeda).

I went to the Steam forums first, but they have even less news than here.

Reactions:
This is also kinda paradox ...
We are repeatly told that we are suppose to verify our information, and dont thrust not verified sources ... but there is nowehere to verify, and no verified sources. :D

Reactions:
Just a big waste all around. How do you come back from this? How can you create any type of hype for your product again? Whatever we get, it won't be what they envisioned for sure when they had this big fanfare about the release of the game.

Reactions:
Just a big waste all around. How do you come back from this? How can you create any type of hype for your product again? Whatever we get, it won't be what they envisioned for sure when they had this big fanfare about the release of the game.

Fanbase will do what they always do. Hype. At the first sign of news they may complain, they may joke. Then the news will keep coming and everybody will just jump on the Hype train again :)

Reactions:
Fanbase will do what they always do. Hype. At the first sign of news they may complain, they may joke. Then the news will keep coming and everybody will just jump on the Hype train again :)

If Imperator is any indication, hype can be killed and players will not come back no matter how many patches, relaunches, free DLCs, marketing or sales you put out there.

Reactions:
If Imperator is any indication, hype can be killed and players will not come back no matter how many patches, relaunches, free DLCs, marketing or sales you put out there.

Yeah, but there's a difference between some bad media until release and bad media for the actually released game.
And then again, even some of games in the worst state at release (Fallout 76 and No Mans Sky) have still seen some success in winning back fans.

Reactions:
Probably ... but even you cant deny that if those news wont be MASIVE UPDATE ... that hype will certainly not be so hot as it would be, if they will keep us interested.
And its getting colder and colder every day. -_-

Also there is news ... prince of Discord leaves us for another job.

Reactions: