• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

AdrianoMartell

Corporal
51 Badges
Feb 28, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • March of the Eagles
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
This mod brings the modern world for Crusader Kings II. The mod is still in its version 0.0.1 so there is still much to be done.

Download the 2015 mod version 0.0.1 = http://www.mediafire.com/download/s2mfi4hvh48tmct/2015.rar

Things already done:
*All the map complete
*New de jure kingdoms and empires
*New religions (nothing special yet)
*New cultures (nothing special yet)

Things I want to do:
*New decisions and events
*Improvement of new religions and cultures
*New traits (Including fascist and communist)
*New start dates
*And more...

Notice bugs, criticisms, questions and suggestions are welcome.

Screenshots:
http://imgur.com/a/VJXzk#5

Reactions:
I must notice that most of Eastern Europe is quite catastrophic (I really cannot find a lighter word).
While it is largely up to the map itself (which is catastrophic), some of the things you did simply make no sense.
For example, the Kaliningrad Oblast is made far too large, Galindia and Chelmno should be parts of Poland.
What is that little state in Istria and Carinthia, Slovenia? If so, Istria should be under Croatia.
Hungary is oversized, Bacs and Temes sholud go to Serbia and Romania respectively.
Esztergom and Sopron should not be Slovakian, but rather Hungarian.
I will look into the mod in greater detail later, but this is what I can notice just from a quick glace at the screenshots.

Reactions:
Do you have any plans to expand the world further in Africa?

I must notice that most of Eastern Europe is quite catastrophic (I really cannot find a lighter word).
While it is largely up to the map itself (which is catastrophic), some of the things you did simply make no sense.
For example, the Kaliningrad Oblast is made far too large, Galindia and Chelmno should be parts of Poland.
What is that little state in Istria and Carinthia, Slovenia? If so, Istria should be under Croatia.
Hungary is oversized, Bacs and Temes sholud go to Serbia and Romania respectively.
Esztergom and Sopron should not be Slovakian, but rather Hungarian.
I will look into the mod in greater detail later, but this is what I can notice just from a quick glace at the screenshots.

We are in version 0.0.1 yet, errors and problems will be analyzed and tidy

I add that practically all Republics are absent: for example Italy and France are monarchies! Italy has Victor Emanuel as King, too :rofl:

Zar Putin is fun by the way...

I have decided to whenever possible (ie when any pretenders to thrones old or currently being monarchies) use pretenders / monarchs rather than the presidents / prime ministers

Would work a lot better on a customized map. I still have that basica flat Europe map with Victoria 2 borders lying around ...

I thought of the possibility of using a different original map, but I thought I'd throw it well and study a "change" to a custom map that makes it more "correct"

Do you have any plans to expand the world further in Africa?

Yes, if the game does not do this before, I intend at some point to expand the map in Africa and perhaps less likely, China. But these are plans for a future not too close, there are details and more urgent changes to be made

I have decided to whenever possible (ie when any pretenders to thrones old or currently being monarchies) use pretenders / monarchs rather than the presidents / prime ministers

Any plans for pretenders where there are monarchs?
i.e. might the Duke of Bavaria, the Marquess of Worcester and the Duchess of Calabria have claims on the British crown?
Habsburgs having claims everywhere Austria used to be, etc.
Romanov heir's lurking all over the map with claims on Russia, Prince Michael is one. Techically all the royals everywhere are, but he is one who actually talks about it so limiting the claims only to the 'official' heirs and those who have expressed an interest would be less a road to madness. Maybe, acouple Soviet heirs too (maybe the leader of the Communist Party?), who have a soviet culture so if they come to power the name of russia changes.

You could use Umbra Spherea by Camara for a more complete map.

So is there going to be a Sunset Invasion scenario where the evil American barbarians invade Europe?

Reactions:
Could you post some screenshots please?
wczz.jpg

Any plans for pretenders where there are monarchs?
i.e. might the Duke of Bavaria, the Marquess of Worcester and the Duchess of Calabria have claims on the British crown?
Habsburgs having claims everywhere Austria used to be, etc.
Romanov heir's lurking all over the map with claims on Russia, Prince Michael is one. Techically all the royals everywhere are, but he is one who actually talks about it so limiting the claims only to the 'official' heirs and those who have expressed an interest would be less a road to madness. Maybe, acouple Soviet heirs too (maybe the leader of the Communist Party?), who have a soviet culture so if they come to power the name of russia changes.

Some pretenders are already included in the game, Wettin has claim to Poland, Duke of Aosta has claim to Italy, Duke of Calabria has claim the Two-Sicilies, Duke of Parma has claim in Spain. About the Habsburgs, I want to create an event that gives the King of Austria a claim to all the ancient kingdoms Hapsburgs that are not under your control.

You could use Umbra Spherea by Camara for a more complete map.

I want before studying change map work on some urgent changes in the mod.

Salzburg and the province directly above should be Austria, me thinks.

On closer now realize that Salzburg should be with Austria, however think Passau is best in Germany

So is there going to be a Sunset Invasion scenario where the evil American barbarians invade Europe?

Yes, I want to replace the Mongols by Chinese and the Aztecs by Americans.

Could you post some screenshots please?

I've posted. Look at this link: http://imgur.com/a/VJXzk#5

Yes please ! Human sacrifices in the name of Capitalism and Freedom !

Nice job by the way. Of course there are some problems because of the map (is Cyprus only one kingdom ?) but I wouln't say it's catastrophic... Those Eastern Europeans are just to tied to their borders :) .

Reactions:

Mmh so in the end this is not "our" 2015 but effectively and alternative timeline right? The possibility of Italy to be a monarchy is not so remote as after WWII we did a Referendum and the Republic won with a real low majority and there are great suspect that the result was falsified to make win the Republic, regarding France I don't see a lot possible the return of the Monarchy , this is the Republic for excellence! The only "monarchy" I could imagine there his a Napoleonic monarchy... so Napoleon V?

Regarding the flags do you have the intention to change them to modern flags? The fake Italy flag Paradox created could be acceptable in the Middle Ages but not in 2015, if Italy is a Savoyard monarchy the flag should be this:

http://th09.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2010/128/d/7/Flag_of_Kingdom_of_Italy_by_LlwynogFox.png

I love the pretender dynasties thing :wub:
CK2 wouldn't work too well if we wanted to simulate democracies and (merchant) repulics all around would look odd, too.

The Spanish list of emperors is impressive!
The Saudi line even more so. Even if it is still missing ~13000 people :p
You are an Orléanist, eh?
I think it is funny that you made an Austrian (Slovene) king of Bosnia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentin_Inzko
Bosnia seems to be in the hands of the the Izetbegovic dynasty these days :D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bakir_Izetbegović
The "king" of Romania should probably be made a Hohenzollern (even if he renounced the title of a prince of Hohenzollern in 2011).
Hungary should not have a king Janos Ader. Better use either Viktor Orbán or one of the Habsburg pretenders. Georg would work well if we just postulate that the Habsburg monarchy was split Carolingian Empire style: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georg_von_Habsburg

Borders that should be changed:
Passau, Salzburg > should be Austrian (even if Passau is just across the border in Germany)
Sopron, Esztergom > Hungarian
Breda, Loon > dutch
Jülich > German
Rosello > French (!!!!)
Malta > Italian
Epieros > Greek
Zeta > Albanian
Dubrovnik > Montenegrin (yes it is weird but the vanilla counties are very off base)
Slovenia: hard to represent. It should be Kärnten, Krain, half of Aquileia, some of Steiermark and Varazdin (Slovenia has a land border with Hungary!)
duchy of Jämtland > Sweden

Eastern Europe: It is very broken, mostly due to the fact that the vanilla map is majorly skewered there. Really difficult to fix (at least Ukraine can't possibly look right on the map, even if the borders are redrawn)
Bacs > Serbian
Temes, Bihar > Romanian

East Prussia: Currently the Polish part is Russian while the Russian one is Lithuanian. dafuq?
(Russian Prussia / Oblast Kaliningrad should only be Scalovia and Samland)

Oh and another odd thing: Brandenburg (which still exists as a political entity today) was renamed to Berlim. Yes, with an m at the end

I think I will try to upload my work on a European map here. Maybe some of it can be used. At least the borders would look a lot nicer ;)
And you might have use of the characters I made (even if you have done most of them yourself already: Habsburgs, Italians, Wittelsbacher, ...).
I put the Victoria 2 map into CK2 and added the EU4 terrain map. Looks decent but it is - just as this mod - no good representation of 2015. It would need SO much work to make this mod truly great.

Last edited:
Yes please ! Human sacrifices in the name of Capitalism and Freedom !

Nice job by the way. Of course there are some problems because of the map (is Cyprus only one kingdom ?) but I wouln't say it's catastrophic... Those Eastern Europeans are just to tied to their borders :) .

I do not say that in version 0.0.2 is already including but will not be long to be implemented the American invasion.
About Cyprus, yes, it's just a kingdom, but Northern Cyprus is included as his vassal and I intend to create an event / decision to "improve" the interaction between the two.

As SBolshevik and quite a few others have said, this mod is riddled with errors all over the map:

A corrected version would look more like this:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2vlbbhl4n0k1fur/ck2_map_11.bmp

Have I downloaded and I'm taking a look at this map.

Mmh so in the end this is not "our" 2015 but effectively and alternative timeline right? The possibility of Italy to be a monarchy is not so remote as after WWII we did a Referendum and the Republic won with a real low majority and there are great suspect that the result was falsified to make win the Republic, regarding France I don't see a lot possible the return of the Monarchy , this is the Republic for excellence! The only "monarchy" I could imagine there his a Napoleonic monarchy... so Napoleon V?

Regarding the flags do you have the intention to change them to modern flags? The fake Italy flag Paradox created could be acceptable in the Middle Ages but not in 2015, if Italy is a Savoyard monarchy the flag should be this:

http://th09.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2010/128/d/7/Flag_of_Kingdom_of_Italy_by_LlwynogFox.png

Technically it is an "alternative line" where the "feudalism" remained in the world. But I intend to create something to differentiate absolute monarchies, constitutional monarchies and "republics" in a future version.
On the flags, my goal is to "update" most of them, and preferably for the next version of the mod.

I love the pretender dynasties thing :wub:
CK2 wouldn't work too well if we wanted to simulate democracies and (merchant) repulics all around would look odd, too.

The Spanish list of emperors is impressive!
The Saudi line even more so. Even if it is still missing ~13000 people :p
You are an Orléanist, eh?
I think it is funny that you made an Austrian (Slovene) king of Bosnia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentin_Inzko
Bosnia seems to be in the hands of the the Izetbegovic dynasty these days :D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bakir_Izetbegović
The "king" of Romania should probably be made a Hohenzollern (even if he renounced the title of a prince of Hohenzollern in 2011).
Hungary should not have a king Janos Ader. Better use either Viktor Orbán or one of the Habsburg pretenders. Georg would work well if we just postulate that the Habsburg monarchy was split Carolingian Empire style: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georg_von_Habsburg

Borders that should be changed:
Passau, Salzburg > should be Austrian (even if Passau is just across the border in Germany)
Sopron, Esztergom > Hungarian
Breda, Loon > dutch
Jülich > German
Rosello > French (!!!!)
Malta > Italian
Epieros > Greek
Zeta > Albanian
Dubrovnik > Montenegrin (yes it is weird but the vanilla counties are very off base)
Slovenia: hard to represent. It should be Kärnten, Krain, half of Aquileia, some of Steiermark and Varazdin (Slovenia has a land border with Hungary!)
duchy of Jämtland > Sweden

Eastern Europe: It is very broken, mostly due to the fact that the vanilla map is majorly skewered there. Really difficult to fix (at least Ukraine can't possibly look right on the map, even if the borders are redrawn)
Bacs > Serbian
Temes, Bihar > Romanian

East Prussia: Currently the Polish part is Russian while the Russian one is Lithuanian. dafuq?
(Russian Prussia / Oblast Kaliningrad should only be Scalovia and Samland)

Oh and another odd thing: Brandenburg (which still exists as a political entity today) was renamed to Berlim. Yes, with an m at the end

I think I will try to upload my work on a European map here. Maybe some of it can be used. At least the borders would look a lot nicer ;)
And you might have use of the characters I made (even if you have done most of them yourself already: Habsburgs, Italians, Wittelsbacher, ...).
I put the Victoria 2 map into CK2 and added the EU4 terrain map. Looks decent but it is - just as this mod - no good representation of 2015. It would need SO much work to make this mod truly great.

I confess that at first I thought of using the republics as republics, but decided it would be a bad idea.

Saudi was the country that took for me to do, mainly by the size of his family (the second was Kuwait, with one province and a large family), I tried to include almost all descendants of Abdulaziz men, but this is really impossible .
You could say that I am Orléanist, I consider among the three possibilities Orleans over the law, because they are the last "legitimate" home to reign in France. But during my tests I have seen both as the Bourbon Bonaparte back to reign in France.
Izetbegović is included in the game as a vassal of the "King" of Bosnia.
My decision to create a new home for them is that, besides being the "decision" of the King, is that himself has announced that the German members of his "dynasty" will have no right to inherit the throne. So when perhaps include them, and the heirs of Michael run out, Romania would go to them.

Many have talked about problems in the borders, and really noticed that several are right. I want to make some mechidas border to make them more enjoyable and realistic.

About Berlin, I am Brazilian, and here we write "Berlin" with "m", I must have forgotten to translate into English, I apologize.

Would appreciate your map, because the various reviews about it, I'm fine eager to solve.

So you are serious with making Valentin Inzko king of Bosnia?
This is not a head of state

About Mihai of Romania etc: If you make a full (or mostly) full feudal 2015 you need to think about a slightly altered timeline. In this timeline the monarchy in Romania was never abolished or the king re-gained the title after the end of Ceaușescu. In this scenario there would not be a point of him to reject his link to the German aristocracy. He did that to appeal to the Romanians. Same reason the former king of Greece now states to be "of Greece" and not "von Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg".

It would also be nice if local names of people were used more. All the Germans with English names irk me ^^

An irredentism CB would be pretty vital for this mod to have. Many pre-existing CBs are pretty dangerous for this mod: de jury duchy claims (mess all kinds of things up unless all countries are aligned to 2015 borders), holy war (Bosnia and Kosovo should not be holy warred to death each time), embargo (because what the heck).
Religious revolts should be a non-issue in Europe (Catholic south of Germany vs. Lutheran north). Cultural revolts don't really happen today, either. Like Scotsmen rising up against England or Catalans against the Spanish. The worst we get today are IRA style terrorist attacks.
Cultural conversion of provinces should be mostly impossible in 2015. The only way to flip a province nowadays is to gradually wipe out the local culture over decades (or even centuries) or go all Benes decree on the previous population.

Last edited: