• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Merchant republic for republics would be fun thus. France would have, as patrician houses: Hollande, Sarközy de Nagy-Bocsa, Le Pen, Mélenchon and Bayrou ;)

One thing that would make sense for a 2015 scenario would be to remove all levies and have countries pay for retinues or mercenaries. African nations could then hire scoundrels like Executive Outcomes to fight their rebels as their weak retinues can't beat them on their own.
But CK2 gameplay heavily relies on the levy system. Moving too far away from it is not a good idea.

What about claims of the Countries: Germanys Claims= Prussia, Pomeria and Silesia, Greece on Turkey...
And Brandenburg is called Brandenburg and Berlin is Berlin!!!

Last edited:
Here's the border layout I was thinking of:
nFkj0Oh.jpg

Keep in mind that I first made this before RoI was out -> the map was still square then. This is a screenshot from the Scenario Editor so it really is a mod that loads up.
The big problem is that there's no correct duchies for half of the map. Someone would have to decide which ones to use. It is rather easy, if Adriano wants a custom map a novice modder could do that as a first step into modding (you need to edit an excel sheet).

So you are serious with making Valentin Inzko king of Bosnia?
This is not a head of state

About Mihai of Romania etc: If you make a full (or mostly) full feudal 2015 you need to think about a slightly altered timeline. In this timeline the monarchy in Romania was never abolished or the king re-gained the title after the end of Ceaușescu. In this scenario there would not be a point of him to reject his link to the German aristocracy. He did that to appeal to the Romanians. Same reason the former king of Greece now states to be "of Greece" and not "von Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg".

It would also be nice if local names of people were used more. All the Germans with English names irk me ^^

An irredentism CB would be pretty vital for this mod to have. Many pre-existing CBs are pretty dangerous for this mod: de jury duchy claims (mess all kinds of things up unless all countries are aligned to 2015 borders), holy war (Bosnia and Kosovo should not be holy warred to death each time), embargo (because what the heck).
Religious revolts should be a non-issue in Europe (Catholic south of Germany vs. Lutheran north). Cultural revolts don't really happen today, either. Like Scotsmen rising up against England or Catalans against the Spanish. The worst we get today are IRA style terrorist attacks.
Cultural conversion of provinces should be mostly impossible in 2015. The only way to flip a province nowadays is to gradually wipe out the local culture over decades (or even centuries) or go all Benes decree on the previous population.

I see you're right about King Mihai. I also agree about the local names, I want to "fix" them.

About the CBs I disagree. In CB jury Duchy / kingdom, most countries are in line with the duchies / de jure kingdoms. As I come to mind only Serbia / Kosovo / Macedonia has a shared jure kingdom. Concerning holy war, consider that in 2015, "feudal" religion would still be important. About cultures revolts, these riots are the easiest way to "represent", even if imperfectly, referendums and so on.
How could delay the conversion of culture for decades / centuries?

Merchant republic for republics would be fun thus. France would have, as patrician houses: Hollande, Sarközy de Nagy-Bocsa, Le Pen, Mélenchon and Bayrou ;)

Imagine full of republics map? France, Portugal, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Poland, Russia, Iran, India, Turkey, etc., being republics? Almost 85% of the map would be composed of merchant republics.

One thing that would make sense for a 2015 scenario would be to remove all levies and have countries pay for retinues or mercenaries. African nations could then hire scoundrels like Executive Outcomes to fight their rebels as their weak retinues can't beat them on their own.
But CK2 gameplay heavily relies on the levy system. Moving too far away from it is not a good idea.

Whereas the world remained "feudal", I think this change would not have much sense.

What about claims of the Countries: Germanys Claims= Prussia, Pomeria and Silesia, Greece on Turkey...
And Brandenburg is called Brandenburg and Berlin is Berlin!!!

For now was working only in the claims "personal", but it is an interesting idea to add the "territorial" claims.

AdrianoMartell do you need any help? If so, I would like to help.

Of Course. Help is always welcome. You could help?

Here's the border layout I was thinking of:
nFkj0Oh.jpg

Keep in mind that I first made this before RoI was out -> the map was still square then. This is a screenshot from the Scenario Editor so it really is a mod that loads up.
The big problem is that there's no correct duchies for half of the map. Someone would have to decide which ones to use. It is rather easy, if Adriano wants a custom map a novice modder could do that as a first step into modding (you need to edit an excel sheet).

These borders to very beautiful. And that full of provinces Africa looks great. I really liked that map. It would be possible to publish a download can I look more detailed?

Go for the coat of the arms instead of the Union Jack. 1) It looks cooler.
2) Coat of arms would make more sense to be used in a feudal situation and with the feudal route it would be sensible to use the Empire's coat of arms.

The union jack, moved up a notch would be best imho

It has been in use since 1801 and would make the map feel more "2015-y" ;)

------------------

Took me a lot longer than I thought ... took me quite some time to figure out the load bug that had snuck in
Please take a look so that the work wasn't for nothing: http://www.mediafire.com/download/laaxttr1tggaa9a/Europe.7z

But keep in mind that this isn't at all playable: Most of the characters are broken as I copied in Adriano's character file. Most places have no proper duchies defined and the de jure kingdoms aren't optimal at all, either. Baronies are totally missing atm. I could just give every county 7/7 holdings but that'll be lazy.

n6Q2G3J.jpg

Kil7Rcw.jpg

The task is to edit this .xls and add in duchies, baronies, etc.: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2nijf8h5515oysx/provinceDef.xls?dl=0

Oh and if you haven't seen it, there's this old modding endevour that the creator abandoned:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?689615-Mod-Project-Crusader-Kings-2013

Last edited:
Are you planning to add micronations like Andorra?

Micronation can be indepedent holdings.

Also, add ISIS as a rebel state with war against Iraq and syria.

------------------

Took me a lot longer than I thought ... took me quite some time to figure out the load bug that had snuck in
Please take a look so that the work wasn't for nothing: http://www.mediafire.com/download/laaxttr1tggaa9a/Europe.7z

But keep in mind that this isn't at all playable: Most of the characters are broken as I copied in Adriano's character file. Most places have no proper duchies defined and the de jure kingdoms aren't optimal at all, either. Baronies are totally missing atm. I could just give every county 7/7 holdings but that'll be lazy.

n6Q2G3J.jpg

Kil7Rcw.jpg

The task is to edit this .xls and add in duchies, baronies, etc.: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2nijf8h5515oysx/provinceDef.xls?dl=0

Oh and if you haven't seen it, there's this old modding endevour that the creator abandoned:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?689615-Mod-Project-Crusader-Kings-2013

I'm downloading it now. Once it is downloaded'll get a better look into it.

------------------

n6Q2G3J.jpg

Kil7Rcw.jpg

I really loved the provinces on this map. The only problem I see is to be pre-india.Se there a mod to join the provinces added after RoI with Europe + Africa this map in a "practice" would be wonderful.

Someone else was working on a 2013 (at the time) mod and I'd volunteered to help out with the dynasties. I could check and see if I still have any of that code saved somewhere so you can expand the family trees for some of the dynasties :)

Maybe there can be a Crown Law called "Conscription" that allows levies to be raised?

Reactions: