• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Did Germany detach and reattach the AA Brigades? That's what I would have done. give all the beach security forces and preferrably all forces in italy and france some aa.

Also Lucifer, where did you see axis winning?

The German player certainly didn't have time to reach this level of "micro-management"; he was playing alone.

I didn't say that the Axis was winning or that it had a sure way to win. I wrote that I saw a 3-month window when it had an opportunity to win, the only one.
That's not something which could have been done in a solo game, but a coordinated action between Japan and Germany was possible here.

1-Obviously, Japan and Germany had planned to meet in Persia. India had been on the verge of collapsing, and the Allied plan there was to retreat slowly to Karachi and to make a final standoff on the last Victory Point. At the same time, Germany was pushing very hard in Caucasus, and the Soviet could have collapsed. The Allies could have repulsed Japanese attacks on Karachi, but not with German troops in their back.
2-By declaring war to Soviet Union, Japan couldn't not take Vladivostok and the Soviet harbors on the Pacific Coast.
3-Germany had taken Leningrad and a little more Eastward. Had Germany tried to push up to Arkhangelsk, the situation could have become very tricky with USSR losing all its harbors and its ability to trade with the Allies (including oil).

At that time, oil stockpile was very low in USSR, with so many motorized units and planes moving around. Also, USSR would have lost the oilfields in Caucasus. The result would have been USSR losing the effective use of its MOT/ARM while Germany was making a very good use of its own ones to cut and reduce big chunks of the Red Army.

It would have required quite few other successes from the Axis, but this was nevertheless a situation monitored on the Allied side. Actually, USSR had started to build a harbor in Kamchatka to (hopefully) be able to reopen a trade-link with the USA in case the worst would have happened.

This Looks Really Good!
Funny that you are reactivating this old thread. The USMC should have started another ww1 exercise yesterday :)

Dont bump blindly.