• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Vote for the Best Completed AAR of 2009

• We Are Free, May We Always Be So - The Story Of Peru by asd21593

Votes: 5 10,6%
  • Maintain the Monarchy: A Russia VIP .301 AAR by Brandenburg III

Votes: 11 23,4%
  • Ireland, Awake! by demokratickid

Votes: 17 36,2%
  • Oh no - Another Prussian gameplay AARrrgh! by endier

• Oh Those Japanese! by FallenMorgan

• An Irishman's Story by Hardraade

Votes: 4 8,5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

coz1

GunslingAAR
29 Badges
May 16, 2002
hearthehurd.typepad.com
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • PDXCon 2017 Awards Winner
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • 500k Club
  • 200k Club
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
VictAARian Cross AwAARd

VictAARianCrossLogo.jpg

Best Completed AAR for 2009

It's that time again...time to choose the best AAR completed in the year 2009. This marks the 10th Vickie Cross awAARd and our third annual event. Some of these may have been written over years, while others were finished quickly. Some are comedy and some deadly serious. But each one was special enough that a forum member put it forward for nomination. We have six great AARs to choose from this year (and quite a few others that unfortunately did not gain nomination.) Victoria has had a good year.

For the next 30 days, you the forum may now place your vote for one of these AARs. Voting numbers for Vickie have been down across the board, but we are seeing 30 to 40 in CK and over 100 in EUIII. We got 67 last year for the Vickie Cross. Get the word out. Vote on those other contests. And don't forget Rome sitting at 20 votes.

And here, take a good look at each AAR to make an informed vote. While each of these writers might be well known to you or not...their work is what is up for an award. Most of all, enjoy looking back at the completed AARs of the last year. It's always nice to get one last bit of recognition for a work you slaved over, thought nightly about, sweated each update and finally finished it off with a fitting ending.

Your nominated AARs are:

We Are Free, May We Always Be So - The Story Of Peru by asd21593

Maintain the Monarchy: A Russia VIP .301 AAR by Brandenburg III

Ireland, Awake! by demokratickid

Oh no - Another Prussian gameplay AARrrgh! by endier

Oh Those Japanese! by FallenMorgan

An Irishman's Story by Hardraade

Comments are welcomed and enjoyed. :D

P.S. - Seriously...comments are really good. :) Let us know who you voted for and why. Folks tend to like to know what others thought of their work for some strange reason. ;)

I voted for FallenMorgan because, although I did love Ireland Awake!, the story of Japan had zany, funny moments every single update, from the fanatical Muslim Clippit to Kim Kardashian, Korean girls, and Morgan Freeman. I was laughing the whole way, and I think this AAR deserves it for sheer entertainment value.

Ireland Awake was my choice. Great AAR.

Excellent! :cool: Less than 24 hours in and we already have 10 votes, nearly evenly split too.

And thanks for speaking up guys. It helps keep the thread near the top and let's the nominees know what you loved about their work. Keep it up! :D

Oh Those Japanese! by FallenMorgan

Ah, finally someone voted for asd's Peru AAR. Would've been sad if he hadn't got any votes for a decidedly good AAR. It wasn't me though, I voted for Hardraade's An Irishman's Story.

Twas actually I that voted for asd's Peru. Does that mean I can say "First!" ? ;) And it wasn't because it had not yet received votes. That was simply tragedy. I voted for it because I think he mixes both story and picture beautifully, well written and a concise history, basically giving you the after action report we all know and love in an extremely well presented format. IMHO, the best of the now annual strong group of AARs. It's always hard to choose just one, but asd's really worked for me.

Ireland Awake and Maintain the Monarchy fighting over the first place! 28 votes so far, but y'all have until the 22nd to vote here. Every vote counts! Either you bring another AAR back into the race for the first place or you support one of the two now competing over it, doesn't matter.

Wow. :)

Never look at the votes before you cast your own. It can make you feel really silly. Then again, I could've felt really silly looking at the votes AFTER voting, but...

I could cast a vote to tie Brandenburg's AAR for first, because I did really like his, but I'm not that kind of guy. My tastes are complicated, and a little odd, and so...

I actually thought the two AARs which have the LEAST votes were the best! :D I did very much enjoy ASD's We Are Free (Peru), and would have voted for it.

But I must cast my vote for the (currently) last place contender, Hardraade's Irishman's Story. I'm a sucker for a well-written fiction AAR, and he's done a good job with this, and accomplished a story that actually drew me in, which can be hard.

Thanks, folks, and congrats to the ultimate winner, as well as all the nominees!

Rensslaer

Indeed! :cool: Loving the early numbers. 29 votes in and a very tight race! This could go in any direction as long as folks keep voting.

Wonderful to see some write ups on the works offered too.

As GhostWriter used to say :D ,

MORE!

And don't forget to vote in the CrusadAAR's Chalice too - link's in the sig. Less than a week left!

Come on, now!

This hasn't moved appreciably since the weekend.

Let's get some more votes going!

Rensslaer

Stuck at 41 votes for a couple of days. Poll ends the 22nd. And the races are very tight still! Every vote counts!

Last day to vote. Poll ends in about 8 hours, give or take. 46 votes right now...can we get to 50? ;)

Misspoke above...thought it was the 22nd but it's the 21st. :eek:o

Congratulations demokratickid! And to all the nominees. I am especially amazed at the 3 way tie for third. Congrats to all of you.

Thanks to everyone that participated in both the nominations process and the voting. I was hoping we could at least get to 50 but in the less traveled forums, it is always hard to get the eyes. Perhaps next year.