• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

chefkoch

Banned
Oct 3, 2007
I've done another 3 scenarios for this great map.

Please note, Cool-Toxics events and monarchs range until 1913.

1792 - Napoleons Ambition:
The original 1792 scenario can now be played with my files without any changes in the scenario. Only some tradeposts have weird cultures but this is no big deal, the next settler will fix that. ;)

1815 - The Congress of Vienna:
Napoleon was beaten und the borders were new drawn.

1898 - The Age of Imperialism:
The Race for Africa ended and the United States started a war against Spain for own colonies.

2009:
You can choose your country out of 184 nowaday existing countries. Only for Andorra, FYROM, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Nauru, Nagorno-Karabakh, San Marino, Singapore, the Vatican and the United Arab Emirates was not enough space on the map. Some disputed (and partly unrecognised) countries or regions with strong independent movements can appear as revolters. These are Abkhazia, Faeroer Islands, Greenland, Kosovo, Kurdistan, Somaliland, Western Sahara and Quebec.

All for the map unused WATKABAOI-countries can appear as revolters. So maybe e.g. Germany or Italy are splitting again.

There are no leaders for any countries in the 2009 scenario and you will have only random monarchs. In Vanilla-games, Sweden was regular the winner of such conditions. I bet this time not.

I also made new passages for this scenarios (in adj-defs.csv file):
Oesel-Estonia (Estonia)
Salish-Siksika (Way to Alaska/Canada)
Shamattawa-Athabasca (Way to Alaska/Canada)
Chisasibi-Nunavik (Labrador/Canada)
Chisasibi-Naskapi (Quebec/Canada)

To install just copy the files of that scenario in the existing WATKABAOI-folders:

Make sure to make backups of the existing files!!!

the scenario files (*.eug) in scenario-folder
country.csv & revolt.csv & province.csv & goods.csv in db-folder
adj-defs.csv in map-folder
text.csv in config-folder
flags & Shilds in gfx\map\-folders
resource.bmp in gfx\interface\piw\buildings-folder
religions.bmp in gfx\interface-folder

The link: UPDATE V 1.05:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LBS7RF6F

Scroll down on this page for other screenshots (post #14).

Have fun, and if you have any suggestions, please tell me. :)

Last edited:
update 1.00 to 1.01 (3 new flags (Israel, Greece and Cyprus) and some changes in the Scenariofile)

-link removed-

Ehm, events? I've not planned to do historical events for the future. ;)
Maybe some culture-changing-events when a country regained its historical provinces.

Last edited:
Update from 1.01 to 1.02:
-removed-

Complete 1.02 Version:
-removed-

I did some (okay a lot) balancing fixes. No more inflation at start, all fortresses are now at level 1 except for Israel. They have a level 6 fortress to make sure they survive some decades. I removed some cores and added some, replaced a CoT, changed 2 provinces of France to french cultrue and added another revolter (Kurdistan).

Last edited:
It's not an own mod. Just change the existing original WATKABAOI-files with my files.

With the next update to 1.03, i gave you a new economical setup for Africa. Slaves came out of fashion with time and so a tag could be used...

New resource: Cocoa
14x Cocoa in Africa
12x Cocoa in South America
2x Cocoa in Mexico
3x Cocoa in Indonesia

Other changes in Africa:
14x Gold/Silver/Diamonds
14x Coffee
12x Cotton
11x wool/stock breeding
8x Copper
8x Sugar
7x Grain
6x Iron
5x Fish
4x Spices
3x Salt
1x Tea
1x Tobacco

Other changes worldwide:
1x Wine in Chile
1x Iron in Brazil
2x Gold in Canada
3x Copper in Canada
3x Iron in Canada
2x Tea in Indonesia
3x Coffee in Indonesia
1x Tobacco in Indonesia

Update from 1.02 to 1.03
-removed-

Last edited:
It's not an own mod. Just change the existing original WATKABAOI-files with my files.
2009.eug in scenario-folder
country.csv & revolt.csv & province.csv & goods.csv in db-folder
adj-defs.csv in map-folder
text.csv in config-folder
flags & Shilds in gfx\map\-folders
resource.bmp in gfx\interface\piw\buildings-folder

If you have previous versions, you don't need to copy the flags & shields again.

i did all that, but the game wouldn't load... :confused: it started loading, but then it always CTD's.

Could you load some screenies from the political map? I want to play Russia. And Germany . And the USA and Belgium and Saoedi Arabia .... :)

Or take on USA as Iraq (btw does Iraq start as American vasal? Does the EU start as a monster alliance with mutual access?

BTW: You should (if it's possible) make "oil" the good of all those provs without goods in WATKABAOI

Last edited:
Does the EU start as a monster alliance with mutual access?
I thought about making all European Union members vassals of Belgium (->Brussels). :mad:

About your CTD, do you use the newest version 1.03? Maybe it's a country-specific crash. What country did you choose?

Screenies will come in 10 minutes.

BTW: You should (if it's possible) make "oil" the good of all those provs without goods in WATKABAOI
That was my planned second resource i wanted to add but there is only one free tag (slaves). "Fossil fuels" for coal and oil. Maybe I do that if i can convince myself to remove ivory. I have already the spots for Oil marked on my ID-Maps and a nice resource symbol for that...

I thought about making all European Union members vassals of Belgium (->Brussels). :mad:

As if that represents reality in any way :p

About your CTD, do you use the newest version 1.03? Maybe it's a country-specific crash. What country did you choose?
Didn't even get to country picking, it CTD's in the first loading screen. After puit the original files back there was no problem. I'll try the new version tonight or tomorrow :)

That was my planned second resource i wanted to add but there is only one free tag (slaves). "Fossil fuels" for coal and oil. Maybe I do that if i can convince myself to remove ivory. I have already the spots for Oil marked on my ID-Maps and a nice resource symbol for that...
Yes coal too. It should be really valuable. Kind of funny... what are they using the coal and the fuel for in "2009"? Does it make the horses move faster?

Didn't even get to country picking, it CTD's in the first loading screen.
ah, thats version 1.01.

There is a dot in the name of the scenariofile, right? I didn't know that this is not possible. That mistake (was just the name of the file) is gone with newer versions.

Your screenies:

Last edited:
ah, thats version 1.01.

Your screenies:

romania is missing 2 provinces for some reason as well as moldovia; a few more such aspects

would it be possible to change the army animations from soldiers to tank and airplane?

would it be possible to mod unit speed, attack power, armour and attrition rates, for cannon, cavalry and infantry separately?

Then you could make
infantry faster > motorized infantry
cavalry much faster, very high attrition, very high attack power > airplanes
cannon faster, more attack power more armour > tanks

I give you work, don't I ? :rofl:

I give you work, don't I ? :rofl:
Pff, go and play Hearts of Iron. :D
I have truly no idea how to mod these detail things like speed etc. and i can not do the graphic stuff (creating new sprites). So i don't know how to implement that but my idea was only to make a new scenario with better incentives to go to Africa and no new mod at all. If i could do all the graphic stuff, i would do a Germania Universalis mod with enough space for every of the 430 german countries ... like they have done in Scandinavia Universalis for Scandinavia. Well, i let my thoughts wandering...

cool-toxic said:
I think Kawar and Kanem should be part of Niger not Chad.
That was my first though but look at the maps.

the scenario
http://s7b.directupload.net/file/d/1747/gdy4xpxv_png.htm

the real world
http://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Datei:LocationNiger.svg&filetimestamp=20061226112620

cool-toxic said:
Maybe Podlasie and Wilna could be part of Belarus.. But your setup is also good.
Blame the creator of the map. :p
Podlasie is parted between Lituania and Poland and with only small amounts (if any) with Belarus. On the other Hand, Russias Ostpreußen is way to big for 2009 and so i had to compensate Poland. Now Lithuania has less land than in reality and their capital is Wilna and so i decided to give them the whole thing. The resultat is that Russia is a little bigger and Belarus is a little smaller then in reality but not too much.

cool-toxic said:
Oh and what about Kosovo ?
I don't have yet recognised them. :D But the UCK can revolt of they want.

Any other suggestions? :)
I maybe split up scandinavian and gaelic culture. Ruthenian is dead but that was the base of modern ukrainian and belarussian culture. What do you think about the cultural setup in Africa and South America?

Last edited:
Greece has only Catalan culture :wacko:
Germany has no flag or shields ? Or cores? Or did i forget german sprites... :eek:o
Chile has an Inca province :cool:
Washington DC seems to far north. :confused:

Ukraine has a colony in the gulf of Mexico...

Last edited:
Greece has only Catalan culture :wacko:
fixed

Germany has no flag or shields ? Or cores? Or did i forget german sprites... :eek:o
You must have forgotten. ;)
(Or you have V1.00 or V1.01)

Chile has an Inca province :cool:
Two. :cool:

Washington DC seems to far north. :confused:
What do you think would be a better position? Tutelo/Richmond or Powhatan/Norfolk

Ukraine has a colony in the gulf of Mexico...
Not at start.

The next update will have some more resource changes:
romania: transilvania -> gold
uzbekistan: khokand -> gold
tajikistan: shighanan -> copper
kazachstan: naiman -> gold
papua-new guinea: wewak -> coffee , papua -> cocoa

more wine for traditional (southeast)european wine areas:
romania & moldovia: moldova, bessarabia, mutenia, oltenia
greece: rhodos
croatia: istria, slavonia
hungary: buda, eger
bulgaria: bulgaria, varna
italy: apulia
portugal & spain: porto, leon, burgos
canada: wendat
southern california: cahuilla, yuma
southern brazil/uruguay: guenoa, charrua

Last edited:
Those proposed changes for Cahuilla / Yuma areas to wine is wrong. The California wine areas are mostly along the north and central coasts. (northward from about Santa Barbara, which on the WATK map I think is Chumash provice, and mostly in the area north of San Francisco) That far south, you're looking (agriculturally) mostly at grains, fruits and vegetables... oranges, strawberries, carrots, asparagus, alfalfa, that sort of thing. Not wine.

Those proposed changes for Cahuilla / Yuma areas to wine is wrong. The California wine areas are mostly along the north and central coasts. (northward from about Santa Barbara, which on the WATK map I think is Chumash provice, and mostly in the area north of San Francisco) That far south, you're looking (agriculturally) mostly at grains, fruits and vegetables... oranges, strawberries, carrots, asparagus, alfalfa, that sort of thing. Not wine.
Okay thanks for that info, i will follow you.

beregic said:
romania is missing 2 provinces for some reason as well as 1 for moldovia
What for provinces? If you would say me the names, i could take a closer look on them.

beregic said:
why is cluj-napoca in hungary
Well, the border between Ungary and Romania is 60 km away from the river Tisza and so it seems, that the bigger part of the province is in hungarian territory. Thats why i've decided to give it to Hungary.

Therion said:
Tried this. Huge fun but kept getting CTDs.
I have sometimes in the first month or in the first couple of years CTDs when all of the AI-countries send at the same time their diplomats and merchants, i guess. My recent game is in 2119 and i had only 2 CTDs in the first years. Weird thing about that...