• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

2009 EUIII OscAARs

• The Audacity of Hope by Prawnstar

Votes: 81 60,9%
  • The Shortest Road to Damascus by aldriq

Votes: 25 18,8%
  • The Dark Muse by Brandenburg III

Votes: 8 6,0%
  • Rigid with FeAAR by gabor

Votes: 12 9,0%
  • Yemen- The Happy Arabia by Range

Votes: 7 5,3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brandenburg III

A Smooth Operator
25 Badges
Jun 22, 2007
  • Lead and Gold
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Pride of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • The Kings Crusade
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
  • East India Company Collection
  • Darkest Hour
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
2lvxnbo.jpg

The EU3 OscAARs

For two weeks and about a day you’ve read through the nominations, or at least voted for your favorite AAR that you’ve read. Now that we’ve narrowed the numbers down to just five AARs we can look closer at the finalists. I would encourage everyone who votes to at least take a quick glimpse at each AAR over the next month. With the poll lasting for one month there should be no excuses if you didn’t have the chance to vote.

Now for the top five nominated AARs:

Comments are welcomed.

I feel greatly honored and thankful to have "Yemen - The Happy Arabia" nominated...as there were a lot of worthy ARRs for 2009.

Good luck everyone.

248 views, 25 votes and only 1 comment? :eek: You guys do know you can post in this thread, don't you? ;) Comments are welcomed and enjoyed as long as they aren't spam. It's helpful to keep this thread near the top so we don't have to sticky it (and risk forgetting about it as stickies so often fall prey.)

Let us know what you thought of the works, why you voted the way you did or comment on the state of the race. Any and all are enjoyed.

And once more, a special thanks is in order for Brandenburg III for getting the ball rolling for the grand old OscAARs! Thanks again, sir. :cool:

I for one would love to know what everyone thought of all the ARRs…if only to understand what everyone is thinking and what they like in an AAR. That way I can improve on my future approach in preparing my AARs and try to make them better.

And, here’s a side note…if you had a tough choice between two AARs that’s a great point of interest to comment on.

I think the winner is already quite clear...

Yeah, its pretty much finished. Anyway, Prawnstar's AAR would have been my second choice, though all of the AARs nominated were great.

I think the winner is already quite clear...

That's what they said to Hilary after Minnesota. But look what happened to her!

There's still time enough if good enough! More votes, less lurking!

IIRC, Kanem Bornu wasn't completed so much as officially abandoned. It's always a fine line to some and I am assuming this was Brandenburg's thinking as he went through the list of AARs written last year. We did have a nominations period that allowed for anyone to bring objections to the eligible AAR list and it seems no one brought this subject up then so I am afraid unless Duke wishes to file an objection at this point (please feel free Duke) then this is the list. If deemed necessary, we can begin again however. I will leave it between Brandenburg as project header and Duke to let me know which way we should go.

That's what they said to Hilary after Minnesota. But look what happened to her!

There's still time enough if good enough! More votes, less lurking!

Comparing PrawnStar with Hilary is a bit unfair... he's Obama all the way :D

92 votes so far is quite impressive.

104 votes. They are now only trickling in, but there's room for a little more.

I personally voted for The Dark Muse as it's one of the best narratives I've read on the forums.

104 votes. They are now only trickling in, but there's room for a little more.

I personally voted for The Dark Muse as it's one of the best narratives I've read on the forums.

There are five good AARs on the poll...maybe everybody is reading each of them...if so, that takes time.

The Dark Muse is a great AAR. Brandenburg III should be very proud of her style and work...the same goes for all the finalists and their AARs. They worked hard and should be proud of their AARs.

And, there are many other fine writers of AARs that are doing a great job. Reading them I have to count myself blessed just to have any of my AARs read along with their works...it means a lot to a writer to have someone read something they wrote...otherwise I guess you're just writing for yourself...as if to hear yourself speak.

Last edited:
::bump::

Over 100 votes. :) [correction - 117 votes!]

Last edited:
2 days later and 119 votes. Keep 'em coming. :)

And while I'm here, I should mention there are other votes going on...get over to Victoria and Crusader Kings to vote for those AARs as well:

VictAARian Cross

CrusadAARs Chalice

Go vote!

123 votes and 4 days left. Still a tight race for the Bronze OscAAR, but even more...can we get to at least 130 votes by the cut off? I'll have to check, but I think that's one of the better vote totals we've ever seen. :D

And go vote in the other contests! :)