• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

2008 CrusdAARs Chalice: Best Completed AAR

• The Adventures of the Crovan Clan a CK/CK-DV AAR by Alfred Packer

Votes: 11 11,0%
  • Heaven On Earth, Part 1 by asd21593

Votes: 7 7,0%
  • The Beautiful Girl and the History Class by Jestor

Votes: 18 18,0%
  • Knud Knýtling, Prince of Denmark (and other assorted tales) by phargle

Votes: 33 33,0%
  • A Year's Education by RGB

Votes: 31 31,0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
crowbar1.jpg

1136-02-16 : March 17, 1136 : Ragnhild Erlendsdottir is attempting to usurp the Crown of Scandinavia and has laid claim to it.
1136-02-16 : March 17, 1136 : Clan of Crovans declared war upon Heaven On Earth.
1136-02-16 : March 17, 1136 : Clan of Crovans declared war upon Denmark too.
1136-02-16 : March 17, 1136 : Emperor Michael IX now has laid claim to Vivaldia.
1136-02-16 : March 17, 1136 : Heaven On Earth declared war upon The Beautiful Girl.
1136-02-16 : March 17, 1136 : The History Class declared war upon the Prince of Denmark.
1136-02-16 : March 17, 1136 : Knud Knudson lost a trait: Merciful.
1136-02-16 : March 17, 1136 : Knud Knudson gained a trait: Vengeful.
1136-02-16 : March 17, 1136 : Pope Bjørn declared war upon Other Assorted Knýtlings.
1136-02-16 : March 17, 1136 : Pope Bjørn declared war upon God.
1136-02-16 : March 17, 1136 : Pope Bjørn declared war upon The Church.
1136-02-16 : March 17, 1136 : Pope Bjørn gained a trait: Excommunicated.
1136-02-16 : March 17, 1136 : Vladimir Monomachos is attempting to usurp the Legacy of Rome and has laid claim to it.

This reply is made of win. :D

History Class!

Hey we're starting to catch up again!

Go baby go!

This is about as thrilling a Chalice Race as we've ever had! And we've already shattered the Chalice voting record of 58!

Dare I say it? Can we break 90?

I think with the three way battle going on right now, we really could!

It was a tough choice, but I had to go with RGB's A YeAARs education

We are at 68 votes and still a neck-and-neck race for the Chalice between phargle and RGB with Jestor nipping at their heels!

(asd and Alfred, meanwhile, are enjoying a nice stroll and look to finish quite relaxed, if not too quickly)

Ideally we break 70 today!

Ideally Phargle won't kill us all.

If we run in opposite directions, somebody may make it.

Ideally Phargle won't kill us all.

If we run in opposite directions, somebody may make it.

that's why when I run away, I'm pushing someone to the ground so phargle is distracted. Thus, I can escape death... :D

You don't have to be faster than Phargle, just faster than everyone else.

Let's watch the spammy type posts folks. Talking about the AARs or the poll is fine. Let's not go beyond that.

Great to see such numbers over here. It speaks well of CK.

Haven't been here in a while, but I do need to stop by and show my support for Beautiful Girl and the History Class. An AAR that broke boundaries ... and maybe hearts. :D

What's interesting to note is that all 5 of these finalists are in the Top 25 Most Views For CK, including 3 in the Top 10:

#1. Knud Knytling
#7. The Beautiful Girl and the History Class
#8. The Adventures of the Crovan Clan
#12. A Year's Education
#25. Heaven on Earth

Utterly amazing how tight this one is.

This was definitely a hard decision... I loved reading Heaven on Earth and A Year's Education-- they're both Byzantine, and we Byzantophiles have to stick together! But then there was the Beautiful Girl in the History Class, which I read fervently and unfortunately commented in only sparingly. But those Crovans always had to break in (lead by pint sized Halfdan), and through their hilarious lives and ends, made me smile each day.

However, at the end of the day, the great philosopher Knud Knytling spoke, advising us all to send our problems to Church. And lo, my hand was moved, and my vote hath been cast.

89 Votes! This is amazing folks...we get three more and we tie 2nd overall most votes garnered! (#1 is probably out of reach at 133)

On another note...I will be out of town from tomorrow until 4/11 or 4/12, so while the poll closes on 4/10, I won't make an "official" announcement until then...feel free to congratulate whoever wins this epic matchup in my absence!

And, by the way, congratulations to everyone nominated (excluding myself) and to all the voters, you have made this the greatest Chalice Vote ever!