• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

euskai

Second Lieutenant
73 Badges
Apr 26, 2008
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • War of the Vikings
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Impire
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2
First of all, congratulations on your great mod. I´ve never had the chance to play the previous versions, my first HOI game being HOI3, but I have to say that even on its initial state, bugs included, CORE makes AoD much better.

2 questions about the mod:

- What are the requirements for the bitter peace event? In the files I´ve seen it´s Stalingrad, Leningrad and Moscow, but I had conquered half of USRR and still had to fire the event manually. Was I misssing something? Is it a bug?

- Is there any way to include nukes in the surrender events? It was quite sad when in 1947, after a long wait to get my first nuke, I launched it on London and the only effect was damage to the few units there and some heavy strat. damage.

WWII ended with a nuke (well, two), if any other country would´ve been nuked I´m sure it would have put them very close to surrender in the worst scenario, and most of them would probably have surrendered at the moment (along with most of the weaker members of their alliance!!). Certainly the only countries that I think would not be guaranteed to surrender after 1-2 nukes are probably the big ones, USA and USRR

I understand this could be just impossible to mod, but it would be a nice addition, just like the way nukes affect national unity (and surrender events with that) in HOI3

Again, thanks for your great mod, I´m eagerly waiting for more fleshed, polished new versions, but still I´m having lots of fun with 0.49

1- I had been waiting for almost a year when i fired the event, I´m sure something was wrong.

2 - I expected that. It´s a shame, but hey, CORE for HOI3 won´t have that problem!!! I´m really waiting for that (along with a few expansions & patches to fix HOI3 problems)

Thanks for the replies

The bitter peace event was modified in an earlier Core version, as GER you can't be at war with UK, France or USA to have the "standard" bitter peace event fire.
More than strange, you need Paris in German or Vichy hands ?!?
I really don't know if this change was intended or some kind of accidental change, at least I'm using a modified version in my local installation.

If you're going historical with GER then you need either JAP in the Axis or at war with SOV. Also Leningrad, Moscow, Stalingrad, Baku and (Sverdlovsk or Vladiviostok) have to be in foreign hands.

You won't get any of the two events if GER is at war with JAP.

More than strange, you need Paris in German or Vichy hands ?!?
I really don't know if this change was intended or some kind of accidental change, at least I'm using a modified version in my local installation.

Not really strange - it is a check that you have sorted out France (ie essentially that you don't have a Western front to worry about as Germany). Why would the Soviets give up if you are fighting a 2 front war as Germany, basically.

Tim

Not really strange - it is a check that you have sorted out France (ie essentially that you don't have a Western front to worry about as Germany). Why would the Soviets give up if you are fighting a 2 front war as Germany, basically.

Tim
But the conditions for event 2624 are still impossible to fulfill. If GER or VIC control Paris and make peace with the allies (highly unlikely/impossible) then these provinces may/will be transferred back to France. Thus event 2624 won't ever fire as Paris has then been taken back by France.

Better remove ENG/FRA not at war triggers but leave USA, increase SOV lost_national to at least 35 and include Baku and Sverdlovsk via OR trigger.

I donot play CORE as United Kingdom, but I have ask. Are there any events like create: Polish 1st Armoured Division , 1st (Polish) Independent Parachute Brigade and 1st Czechoslovak Armoured Brigade ?

The same situation on SSSR. Create Polish and Czechoslovakia armies and corps events http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_Armed_Forces_in_the_East and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Corps_(Czechoslovakia) :)

On German side I miss events for 3 ROA divisions (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Liberation_Army#Formation_of_ROA_and_the_fight_against_Red_Army).

Is it posible create something similar to "next version CORE"?

Sure something like that is possible. We've discussed inclusion of the Poles before, it just never was followed up actively but ended up on the to-do list instead.