2.7.2 (60bf) Piracy in systems with a starbase

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

fusei

Colonel
18 Badges
Jan 2, 2018
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders III
all DLCs; no Mods

Description:
Usually an upgraded starbase negates all piracy in the system, unless there already was an effective level of piracy. You will then lose trade going through the system despite the starbase.

stationpiracy.jpg

Upvote 0
Save added.

Since I play ironman I had to reconstruct the situation. It's in the Anachonus system.

Attachments

• ironman.sav
    4,2 MB · Views: 0
Reactions:
Save added.

Since I play ironman I had to reconstruct the situation. It's in the Anachonus system.

Thanks, from looking at the save, with the amount of trade flowing through the system compared to the trade protection granted by the station (with no defensive platforms nor additional weaponry) gives the reason why pirates can prosper there.

You also have the same occurrence in the Terminal Egress system, I would recommend upgrading the starbases, adding defensive platforms, and/or building hangers.

As it is now a starbase will prevent piracy from increasing regardless of how much trade goes through the system, but it won't remove already accumulated piracy. I consider this highly counterintuitive.

Of course you can simply send in a fleet with sufficient piracy suppression, it just feels odd that this would be required.

Reactions: