2.7.2 (60bf) no gateways spawned in the galaxy

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

fusei

Colonel
18 Badges
Jan 2, 2018
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders III
all DLCs; no Mods

Description:
Despite having Abandoned Gateways set to 1 I had not a single gateway in the entire galaxy with the very annoying result that I would not get the tech to build them myself. Not even the awakened empires bothered to build one so I was stuck channelling my trade through normal space.

Upvote 0
Hi, thanks for the report and apologies for delay in the reply. Do you have the save from this game and to confirm you had no Gateways nor L-Gates spawn in the galaxy?

L-Gates spawned, there just weren't any normal gateways and this blocked the gateway tech for me.
Added savegame.

Attachments

• ironman.sav
    4,3 MB · Views: 0
Reactions:
L-Gates spawned, there just weren't any normal gateways and this blocked the gateway tech for me.
Added savegame.
Looking at the save data, it appears that although you can get Gateway Activation (since you own an L-Gate) the random choices for repeatable techs are taking preference. I'm logging this on our internal database.

worst case scenario if you can't get it you can always use commands to give yourself the tech

that's possible? noted for future use, i never play with ironman but that's still good to know

Hey!
I know this thread is a little old but I just wanted to check if there's been any update on the issue entered and if there's an ETA on a fix going in for it.
It's been becoming a reoccurring issue for me in my games where I don't find out for several hours in a game that there's no warpgate spawns.