2.7.2(60bf) Caravaneers cannot be investigated

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

psh3m

Recruit
Jul 30, 2020
1596115259823.png

I'm playing the Steam version without any paid DLC - only with Horizon Signal and Anniversary portraits. The version of the game is Welles 2.7.2(60bf). I'm not using any mods either.

I'm not sure if I ever got a popup about Kaph aliens, but they're definitely not present in my Situation log. This is a system belonging to my ally, so if those were Marauders they would presumably attack, which they are not doing. It is possible that all exteritorial nations are bugged in this game, as 60 years in I've heard nothing about the Artisan Troupe, the Curator Enclave or the Traders.

Attachments

• ironman.sav
    1,3 MB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
the caravaneers will usually contact you on thier own, at least in my experience, I've never looked to see if there was a special project for them, but if given sufficient time they should contact you

The caravaneers have not contacted me in the 30 years I've played since the screenshot, and neither have the Privateers who control a single system fully surrounded by my federation member. I've had ships fly through the system the caravaneers were in, and flow ships one system away from the privateers without any differences.

I'm playing the Steam version without any paid DLC - only with Horizon Signal and Anniversary portraits. The version of the game is Welles 2.7.2(60bf). I'm not using any mods either.

I'm not sure if I ever got a popup about Kaph aliens, but they're definitely not present in my Situation log. This is a system belonging to my ally, so if those were Marauders they would presumably attack, which they are not doing. It is possible that all exteritorial nations are bugged in this game, as 60 years in I've heard nothing about the Artisan Troupe, the Curator Enclave or the Traders.

Hi, thanks for the report. I'm looking into why you don't have contact with the Kaph aliens. Regarding the Artisans/Curators/Traders, they require you to own either the Leviathans or Distant Stars DLC. Likewise, the Caravaneers require MegaCorp.

• 1Like
Reactions:
That's bizarre, because I had contact with Artisans/Curators/Traders and Caravaneers in a game ą year ago and so I though they were part of the base game. That was on my previous PC, so I don't have the save game anymore.

If a newer save game can help: I'm in 2352 and still haven't heard from Kaph aliens, but also got a Federation research project that got stuck in phase 1 - the timer stopped after I did my part and my federation members didn't do anything.

Attachments

• ironman.sav
    1,9 MB · Views: 0
I don't have Megacorp, and I got once a "Caravaneer" contact (or any other name for the DLC-less version), with full dialogs and I could buy their extra cruisers; and one day, the left for another galaxy. In other games, I regularly see them without being able to contact them, because, as I believe, they spawn for another empire.