Confirmed 2.7.2 (60bf) Awoken empire can’t be destroyed

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

fusei

Colonel
18 Badges
Jan 2, 2018
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders III
all DLCs; no Mods

Description:
There is an event where you find brain data of an extinct alien species and can bring them back as robots. If you don’t have an empty planet they pick one in an unclaimed system and form a new empire. This empire won’t be destroyed if it loses all its planets.

In my case they spawned in an isolated pocket next to a fallen empire. After some time they were vassalized by one of my federation members and joined the federation. After a while the FE awoke and declared war on the federation and took over the Awoken system, which should have destroyed their empire, but it only kicked them out of the federation. After I retook the system they were still a vassal but never rejoined the federation. Their overlord integrated them making them lose their system, but they still were around, prompting their overlord to integrate them 3 more times, without destroying them in the process.

awoken.jpg

considering how avoidable this bug is it's not surprising it has gone unfixed for a while. all you have to do to avoid this bug is to not make a copy of the limbo brain scans. it's a shame to see such a cool event being so breathtakingly borked, but at least the bug is relatively easily avoided.

I have the same issue. It prevents me from playing a "destroy all other empires" game to victory as I cannot destroy the Awoken - they have no population, no worlds, no ships, but still exist in the empires list and thus prevent victory.

Hope this can be patched.

Reactions:
The fix is simple, comment/remove line 358 and 862 out (auto_delete = no) in file events/anomaly_events_7.txt

If you made this internally bug database open, everything would be fine the most problem of Stellaris would be solved. It is fully clear there must be only one person on this ominous huge hidden bug database.

Last edited:
Thanks, will give that a try!
If so, it would only work for pre-event saved games. After it you can/must use something like this (if the empire is already dead):
effect random_playable_country = { limit = { has_country_flag = limbo_country has_country_flag = synthetic_empire } destroy_country = yes }

EDIT: corrected typo, since I have not tested the command

Last edited: