2.7.1 No Anomaly discovered pop up and/or pausing

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
HI, thanks for your report. This is a part of our attempt at curtailing the spam of alerts that pop up in the game, not a bug. But please continue to feedback on this, as we are keen to refine which windows to show as alerts and which as notifications, which of them to group together etc.

Reactions:
The problem is that its to forgetable without pause and popup. While you can leave anomalies alone next to your borders, the ones far away must be worked on immediately. Anomalies are important. There is so much other "spam" which should be filtered, but not this one. It would also help to remove sounds from certain messages.

• 5Like
Reactions:
Agreed. by the time you click on it the ship has already moved to another system and now you tell it to move back wasting valuable time

• 3Like
Reactions:
HI, thanks for your report. This is a part of our attempt at curtailing the spam of alerts that pop up in the game, not a bug. But please continue to feedback on this, as we are keen to refine which windows to show as alerts and which as notifications, which of them to group together etc.
atleast give us the Option to turn things like that on and off
like someone already said: you can forget stuff like this easily

• 4Like
Reactions:

My suggestion would be to have these as an optional toggle. Especially early game the pop-up messages with pause for exploration events are rather useful. Cutting them off like this caught me off guard initially, and it's a fair bit more work to keep an eye on the exploration events now.

• 4Like
Reactions:
The ability to tailor the messages in-game to our own likes is available in all previous Paradox Grand Strategy games.

Please add it to this one too.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Please bring back the notifications or give us an option to do so! Same for the "construcion completed" notification. Anomalies should also auto-pause like before!

• 3Like
Reactions:
The ability to tailor the messages in-game to our own likes is available in all previous Paradox Grand Strategy games.

Please add it to this one too.
All notifications should be toggled on from the start of the first game and let the player toggle what they view as they learn the game. The amount of additional unneeded micro management this one change added to the game is ridiculous.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I can assure you that I have deleted nothing, mostly because I don't have the rights to delete anything, that would require a mod or higher privileges.

• 3Like
Reactions:
CK2 and EU4 both have the options for the user to change which types of events pop up as notifications, can pause the games etc. This would be a great addition for stellaris.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I can assure you that I have deleted nothing, mostly because I don't have the rights to delete anything, that would require a mod or higher privileges.
:)
Maybe the reported server issue?

Anyway, just some thought I posted about why this change isn't that great, from earlier.
Well, they introduced a new clickfest with this change, great. o_O

Before the update: I queued my sciene ship or let them auto-explore and was done with it. Relaxed. Every single anomaly, it paused the game for me, I could just click "Research" and the game moved on and the science ship researched the anomaly and after that worked again on its queue.

After the update: I queue my sciene ship or let them auto-explore, I have to pay extreme close attention to not miss a notification about some anomalies, because I don't want my sciene ships to backtrack a lot. Every single anomaly, I have to click "Pause"/spacebar, I have to click on the notification, I have to click on "Research", I have to click "Pause"/spacebar again. The game moves on and the science researches the anomaly and after that workes again on its queue.

But don't get me started when I miss a notification. I have to change the queue of the ship, work through the Situation log or find the anomaly on the map. And I might not be able to reach some anomalies because of some closed borders, because I forgot the anomaly long enough.

Reactions:
As the title suggest, I keep getting anomaly discovered messages without the game pausing and the message popping up.

I like it the way it is... less spam... but after another game "finished"(got stuck bcs of performance), I came up with resolution that it would be nice to have a settings option to choose which level of annomalies i want to be as a popup. Doing very hard annomalies early game isn't worth it.

What's wrong? Why did you delete some posts? You asked for more feedback on this matter.:(

Forum/Server "annomaly" :D

• 1Like
Reactions:
I found the pause for the anomalies very good. Now it's more micro than before. It would have been nicer if a follow-up event also had an automatic pause.

At the time when my scientists had to fly back because of alien wall painting, they could have invented the cold fusion.

• 2Like
Reactions:

To add to what has already been said, if the last planet/stellar object in a system spawns an anomaly, the audio cue for "system completely scanned" (paraphrasing, as it differs for all the various voices) overrides the "anomaly detected" audio cue. This means that the ONLY indication that an anomaly has spawned is the notification that appears at the top of the screen, and given how the game trains players to ignore those notifications*, well, it is easy to miss the new anomaly for a while. Having new anomalies appear as a pop-up like they used to avoids this problem/annoyance.

On the topic of spam, I'd like to mention that the game does not properly clear the notifications at the top of the screen for anomalies, leading to clutter and confusion. Currently, if I find an anomaly, I click on the notification to bring up the pop-up, decide what I want to do, then click "research" or "ignore for now" (or whatever that option says, I don't recall off the top of my head), then move the cursor back up to the top of the screen to right click to remove the notification. And if there are more than one anomaly notification, I will likely open the pop-ups multiple times, to make sure I don't dismiss the wrong ones. If the game cleared the notification after I made a choice instead of making me do it manually, and only keep the notification around if I X out of the pop-up window, it would be very convenient, and make them less likely to feel like they are piled up. (Differentiating them would also help, it would be nice if the notifications indicated what level anomaly had been found, like the map icons for anomalies do, and if the notifications' tooltips were the same as the tooltips for the system map anomaly icons, that would be amazing.)

*I think a good way to avoid this would to have the majority of the notifications, especially the early game ones, actually be meaningful. A good way to do this, I think, would be to replace the pointless "individual action completed" notifications with queue based ones. For example, if in the early game I queue up ten systems to be surveyed with a science ship, over the next however many minutes I'll get ten "system survey complete" notifications. These notifications don't actually tell me anything significant or tell me I should be something new, they just keep rolling in. (The sole possible exception I can think of would be to immediately build a new starbase to claim a system, and if I want to do that ASAP I'm probably watching that system specifically anyway.) Replacing all those notifications with a single one that says something along the lines of "Science Ship has completed all queued orders, and is now idle" not only vastly lowers the number of notifications I get, it tells me something important: that my science ship is idle and I should queue up more orders. Similarly, the individual "Construction Completed" notifications for each thing built by construction ships and planets could be replaced with a single notification indicating that the build queue has been completed and is now empty.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Please, restore the anomaly auto-pause. In past, the anomalies didn't pause the game, and people complained about this because this a pain to manage. So you add auto-pause. And now you retire an added functionality, without any other change to help manage. It is a clear regression. Furthermore, contrary to the indicated goals, this doesn't curtail the numbers of alert, it's just an alert more complicated to manage because you have to manage it in time. But you have an auto-pause at the end of the investigation, when you have no constraint in time. It isn't logical.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: