Duplicate [2.7.1] Enigmatic Fortress constantly repowering, trapping fleet in system

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hemothep

Colonel
38 Badges
Apr 13, 2007
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
I defeated the enigmatic fortress. The problem: It powers back up every couple of days. This results in not only being unable to finish the event chain, but also trapping my fleet in the system. They defeat the fortress easily, turn around to leave the system, fortress powers back up, fleet flies towards the fortress and defeats it, repeat every couple of days, including the corresponding event spam.

Mods: Only graphical, this is an iron man game with achievements enabled (to get the "Unravelling Enigma"-Achievement of all things!).

Attachments

• ironman.sav
    2,3 MB · Views: 0
Reactions:
Thanks, issue already reported :cool:.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Is this to be fixed shortly or should I Just scrap my game? Literally hundreds of thousands of fleet lost to this loop, possibly losing the entire Ironman game I had. I feel like this is kind of gamebreaking and should be high priority.

Is this to be fixed shortly or should I Just scrap my game?

Sorry, I don't have this info.

I feel like this is kind of gamebreaking and should be high priority.

It's affecting only this leviathan and its system can be safely ignored most of the time. I doubt it classify as game-breaking.

It's affecting only this leviathan and its system can be safely ignored most of the time. I doubt it classify as game-breaking.

It is if the majority of your fleet is perpetually engaged in this system. I can't think of another thing that could stop an empire than locking away all of their military strength.

It keeps retriggering, pulling the fleet back again and again with a constantly resetting health total. Even if the fleet is able to easily defeat the leviathan, its locked in perpetual combat, meaning its not doing other things. Best case, it slowly grinds your fleets down over many years and you can rebuild them after the fact.....if they are ever ground down or in combat long enough to retreat.

Essentially it means any engagement with this leviathan locks down that fleet forever, absolutely game breaking if other events trigger like a war declaration or end game crises.

It is if the majority of your fleet is perpetually engaged in this system. I can't think of another thing that could stop an empire than locking away all of their military strength.

It keeps retriggering, pulling the fleet back again and again with a constantly resetting health total. Even if the fleet is able to easily defeat the leviathan, its locked in perpetual combat, meaning its not doing other things. Best case, it slowly grinds your fleets down over many years and you can rebuild them after the fact.....if they are ever ground down or in combat long enough to retreat.

Essentially it means any engagement with this leviathan locks down that fleet forever, absolutely game breaking if other events trigger like a war declaration or end game crises.

To decide if to keep you current run consider that It's not guaranteed that a fix will work on an ongoing situation.

enigmatic fortress endless loop.png

imagine spending days on a game and you get spammed with this every 20 seconds. Its not game-breaking but its pull-hair infuriating advertisement spam.

Since i am playing on ironman, i cannot even use the console commands to fix this issue?

This is clearly a regression issue. (if it was ever fixed). If the players have to create mods to fix bugs that recurs over 3 years. Something is wrong.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Happens everytime another empires fleet already shot down at least one defense station of the fortress. If it was unharmed in the past u can take it without this bug occurring. If the buh occurs u can still stop the spam and free ur fleets by letting a science ship on passive stance letting rasearch one of the spam notifications (i highly recommend to disable the autopopup of event windows in ur settings). Then follow this single event chain through, declining several other event chain start spam to find the correct windows and u will manage to gain ur reward, ending the spam in the process. In multiplayer the spam can be abused, because the vanishing of the fortress icon on the galaxy map often lags behind. This means, that u can start the remaining spammed event chains with ur science ship and claim the reward over a dozen times, giving u ten thousands of tech points and the fortress techs to 100% instead of the usual small percentage.

I defeated the enigmatic fortress. The problem: It powers back up every couple of days. This results in not only being unable to finish the event chain, but also trapping my fleet in the system. They defeat the fortress easily, turn around to leave the system, fortress powers back up, fleet flies towards the fortress and defeats it, repeat every couple of days, including the corresponding event spam.

Mods: Only graphical, this is an iron man game with achievements enabled (to get the "Unravelling Enigma"-Achievement of all things!).
if you don't close the event windows when they pop up and simply move them to the side it prevents this issue(note, last tested by me in 2.7)