• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, I can change that. I went with the assumption that the American Infantry division was a motorized division, compared to the standards of other Armed Forces, but we can tone that down. The speed issue will remain, though.

Well, I can change that. I went with the assumption that the American Infantry division was a motorized division, compared to the standards of other Armed Forces, but we can tone that down. The speed issue will remain, though.

For the most part they were all motorized, however France had a lot of caveats to that. Because of the lack of a dedicated high-throughput supply line often times they'd avoid running the trucks too much. So you'd have infantry that would walk while some would ride, then they'd switch for a while, back and forth like that. Not full motorized, but still faster than everyone walking.

Also, many trucks were confiscated for the Red Ball Express to either run in it or be used as replacement parts for it.

The ideal to represent the system would probably be to have all the landing divisions be normal infantry with SP support brigades, and then swap them out for Mot/Mech after capturing Cherbourg and one of the big BeNeLux ports, but I'm not sure that is even possible.

Germany doesn't seem to have a core on Aachen. Don't know if there's something wrong with my game or what.

EDIT: Changes which should be made to the US
Agreed, there are too many motorized divisions. It doesn't accurately reflect the supply limitations.

Also, the US needs more divisions in reserve.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Overlord

By July 25th, the US had over 1.5 million troops in France. There's no possible way for the US to even get half that number transported into France by July 25th. Maybe there should be fewer US troops to start off with, and more in reserve in England?

Last edited:
Since this is the general consensus here, and I agree with that, around 50% of the American motorized divisions in France will be switched to Infantry.

and then swap them out for Mot/Mech after capturing Cherbourg and one of the big BeNeLux ports, but I'm not sure that is even possible.

Alas, not possible.

By July 25th, the US had over 1.5 million troops in France. There's no possible way for the US to even get half that number transported into France by July 25th. Maybe there should be fewer US troops to start off with, and more in reserve in England?

1.5 million probably includes support and non-combat personnel. Since the US had a relatively low number of divisions (ninety, of which only 55% in Europe). I would leave that as it is.

Last edited:
Version 0.3 released

Several British and American Motorized and Mechanized divisions have been converted to Infantry divisions. I then wanted to try my hand at modding the AI, and so I did with Germany. Since I have little experience with this, this AI might actually perform worse than expected. In theory, Germany should withdraw from attacks earlier (i.e. not when odds are <25%) and it should begin to withdraw some forces to the Siegfried line provinces once Paris is fallen.

Depending on how well it goes, I will decide whether to improve the 1944 AI further or scrap this altogether.

Also, Aachen is not yet a German core. Sorry.

1.5 million probably includes support and non-combat personnel. Since the US had a relatively low number of divisions (ninety, of which only 55% in Europe). I would leave that as it is.

I realize US divisions had a much larger tail (support personal), but I would still like to see some divisions in reserve. There's just no way it's realistic that the US has just two armored divisions in England. There should at least be some remotely realistic reserve. I dunno, I might be the only one bothered by this.

GREAT JOB on the mod though, it is a vast improvement over the default 44 scenario. Thanks for putting this out there.

Hi!

Just a quick peek at the list revealed some old issues aren't corrected yet.

I believe that Polish and Czechoslovak units should be corrected. In the case of the later they should be added so I will suggest some easy to implement changes with the POL units in the West.

Subjects of POL and CZE formations can be easily corrected using Wikipedia so I will leave that to you

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1st_Polish_Army

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Czechoslovak_military_units_on_Eastern_front

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1st_Czechoslovak_Armoured_Brigade

Spelling of units' names which is recognised by the game:

POL

1 Brygada Pancerna im. Bohaterów Westerplatte - armor 30%, 40% max strenght,

1 Dywizja Piechoty im. Tadeusza Kosciuszki - infantry, large experience,

2 Warszawska Dywizja Piechoty im. Henryka Dabrowskiego - infantry, relativel fresh,

3 Pomorska Dywizja Piechoty im. Romualda Traugutta - infantry, new - formed in 1944,

4 Pomorska Dywizja Piechoty im. Jana Kilinskiego - infantry, formed in April 1944, so should be understrenght,

6 Pomorska Dywizja Piechoty - infantry, formed in July 1944, so very low strenght,

1 Samodzielna Brygada Kawalerii - cavalry, understrenght, max. strenght 50%,

in addittion one engineer, two artillery/rocket artillery, one assault cannon, one AA, one AT and one armoured car attachment i.e. one for each unit.

All deployed in Ukraine - Kiev-Zhitomir-Vinnitsa area.

Later 2nd Polish Army was also formed, creation of the 3rd Polish Army was disrupted by the underground (desertion).

All were perceived as 'uncertain' in case of a war against the Allies which might be reflected in some way.

CZE

1st CZE armored brigade - West (20% strong armor, max strenght 50%)

Ceskoslovenská samostatná obrnená brigáda

1st Czechoslovak Army Corps

1. Ceskoslovensky armádní sbor - four brigades which could be represented by one infantry division with tank/assault cannon attachment,

Deployed in Ukraine.

In addition existing POL units (ENG file) should be renamed or redeployed.

Code:
  landunit =
  { id       = { type = 10499 id = 91 }
    name     = "2nd Polish Corps"
    location = 516
    division =
    { experience = 30
      id         = { type = 10499 id = 92 }
      name       = "3rd 'Carpathia' Division"
      strength   = 100
      type       = motorized
      model      = 2
    }
    division =
    { experience = 30
      id         = { type = 10499 id = 93 }
      name       = "5th 'Krestowa' Division"
      strength   = 100
      type       = motorized
      model      = 2
    }
    division =
    { experience = 30
      id         = { type = 10499 id = 94 }
      name       = "2nd 'Warsawa' Division"
      strength   = 100
      type       = motorized
      model      = 2
    }
    division =
    { experience = 30
      id         = { type = 10499 id = 95 }
      name       = "1st Polish Armoured Division"
      strength   = 100
      type       = armor
      model      = 3
    }
  }

New names

3. Dywizja Strzelców Karpackich

5. Kresowa Dywizja Piechoty

2. Warszawska Dywizja Pancerna - at that time understrenght (50%), armored, no max strenght.

while 1st Division i.e.

1. Dywizja Pancerna should be in France or still in Britain (I don't remember when it was redeployed.

4th Polish Division i.e.

should be understrenght and renamed to

4. Dywizja Piechoty - understrenght, motorized/infantry division with tank attachment.

I hope it helps.

Hvatum - Understandable. Yet, it seems that the Allied divisions are in the right places. I will do a bit more research.

cegorach - Thanks for your suggestions. I cannot add new divisions to the SU - best I can do is rename some of them that are in the Ukraine. I will rename the Polish divisions in Italy as per your suggestions.

Last edited:
Did some handsoff games with germany surrender between late december 1944 -march 1945

from what i have seen italian front is pretty realistic/historic (allies a bit inactive, but not that bad)

western front alone works pretty good too, BUT allies especially usa go for invasion madness, with for example usa invaiding and occupying leeuwarden in every(!) game. They ship then all reserves from england over and often take over all of the netherlands and even some german rhine provinces.

I think some (maybe understrenght) garrison units should be deployed in each beach province.

Eastern Front looks fine, with the germans slightly too strong

cegorah - Thanks for your suggestions. I cannot add new divisions to the SU - best I can do is rename some of them that are in the Ukraine. I will rename the Polish divisions in Italy as per your suggestions.

Maybe you could apply the ideas for POL 'liberated' by the Soviets. Initial event for this country could give these units, though they would appear with full strenght unfortunatelly.

The CZE unit in Britain could be added as well.

Did some handsoff games with germany surrender between late december 1944 -march 1945

from what i have seen italian front is pretty realistic/historic (allies a bit inactive, but not that bad)

western front alone works pretty good too, BUT allies especially usa go for invasion madness, with for example usa invaiding and occupying leeuwarden in every(!) game. They ship then all reserves from england over and often take over all of the netherlands and even some german rhine provinces.

I think some (maybe understrenght) garrison units should be deployed in each beach province.

Eastern Front looks fine, with the germans slightly too strong

That's a good idea. Put two understrength garrison divisions and lock their movement on the coastal provinces for Germany. That would stop the AI doing this crazy breakouts deep into Germany, and the AI Germany wouldn't redploy them nor could a human player.

EDIT: Is it just me, or are there NO extra rare materials available? The only country with any extra to trade are France, Japan and Croatia? wtf... though I don't think this is an issue with this mod specifically, but AOD in general.

Last edited: