• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Enver Pasha - Added to the queue.

PanzerMan7 - Point 1 will be addressed in v0.5. I am hesitant to do anything about point 3 though.

An update regarding version 0.5, which will mainly focus on the Pacific Theatre (Sino-Japanese war - NRA and IJA). I will soon update Reserved Post #5 with sources and information on China.

What I've done:

I wanted to address the issue about the US gaining land too fast. Now the US no longer own the provinces in France (Germany owns them) and they now get a 150% penalty regarding occupied provinces TC modifier. This means that occupied provinces will cause a significant strain on their TC - the more they advance, the more they stretch out: hopefully this means they reach a point where they must slow down their advance because of poor ESE.

What I'm planning to do:

-Reduce the starting organization of 200 or so German divisions by 10% (I must do this by event, since the "organisation" value in the .inc files does not work). This should ease the initial momentum of Operation Bagration and Overlord.

-Redo the Chinese OOB from scratch. Problem is, their whole army has more than 5 million men. A whole militia army means 1000 divisions, which is insane. Most probably, I'm going to sacrifice history for gameplay here and make less divisions than historically requested (means I must do the same for the Japanese in order to maintain the same ratio).

-Rename the whole "Infantry Division (2)" stuff to something more plausible. Suggestions are welcome.

Last edited:
i tried the whole cherbourg thing and it makes normandy a real stalemate like it really was. usually the americans break through at avranches, like irl. try it, even if u dont release it!

But, what to do with the 3 German divisions trapped in Cherbourg? Delete them altogether?

Can't you just keep them in Cherbourg? The province will belong to the US, but since the Germans are in enemy territory they'll still put up the same fight as they would when encircled (players and AI would always attack it from the start anyway).

6th post updated - China and Japan.

Version 0.5 is nearing completion. I expect this to be the last version to bring major changes; 0.6 or 0.7 should be the last version (bugfixes aside, that is).

Here's a partial changelog of 0.5.

Code:
-----v0.5
- CHINAS
Removed Tech IDs 1040 1030 and 1020 (now they only have '18 infantry)
Changed Relationship between ComChi and the other Chinas from +100 to +10
Added 165 divisions overall, all of them at 55% strength and '18 Infantry
Chinas MP pool greatly nerfed (only 2,500 MP)
-Other
The US now get 150% penalty on occupied TC mod.
The US no longer own province in France and Low Countries - Germany does. This should slow the US advance down as their TC goes in the red as they advance deep into France.
-Events
The German surrender event now destroys the Siegfried Line.
Germany gets an event at the beginning of the scenario which lowers org of 200 divisions by 10% (should help Bagration's initial push).

TODO
Japanese OOB
Remove the Warlords Annexation AI event.
Swap Cherbourg-Avranches ownership.
Rename (2) to II

Last edited:
Because:

We're also going to remove techs 1040, 1030, 1020 (Infantry '41, '39, '36) and the AI warlords annexation events: cooperation among the various Chinas must be difficult.

In support of this, Wiki states:

National Revolutionary Army said:
Many former warlords and regional militarists were incorporated into the NRA under the flag of the Kuomintang, but in reality they retained much independence from the central government. They also controlled much of the military strength of China, the most notable of them being the Guangxi, Shanxi, Yunnan and Ma cliques.

For the sake of realism, I should go as far as assigning more than 50% of China's strength to the Cliques - which I won't do, of course. The cliques will represent ~15% of Chinese divisions.

make sure to transfer alot of divisions from avranches to argentan. dont just pile up in avranches cuz that was the weakpoint and argentan was the center of the defense

Version 0.5 released

See Post 1 for download link and changelog. This is a major update, as it covers China and Japan too.

EDIT - 4 downloads in 10 minutes already! For the record, 1944 Revised has been downloaded 193 times.

Last edited: