• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I support the idea of locked garrisons. I did so for the UK already so it only seems fair that Germany deserves some.

As for the rares, I don't know.

Will release a 0.4 this weekend.

Hey, I played some games with .3, and the tweaks you made to the AI really made it quite good! Germany lasted until 45 for the first time (I was playing as Nationalist China in a normal manner, so Europe was purely AI vs. AI).

The one thing I noticed was that Germany still lets a large number of troops get pocketed around Nice. 10+ divisions. I'm not sure how to fix that but if those were deployed defending Germany then the outcome would be quite realistic. Also the Soviet advance against Manchuria is quite slow. Maybe station some Soviet armored or mobile divisions in the far east (and set the front ratio for the AI so it won't just try to deploy them against Germany). It took the Soviets until late may just to advance through half of Manchuria.

Good to hear that. 0.4 will not include any major AI alterations. The issue with Nice is that Italy falls rather quickly. I will adjust the Soviet ratio just a bit.

Time for a little blooper. Game was crashing as soon as I pressed the unpause button. Took me thirty minutes to figure this:

oops.jpg

Turns out I wrote "type= armored" instead of "type = armor". Oh well.

I'll release 0.4 tomorrow. Or Monday. Or yesterday. Somewhen.

BTW If you need to deploy certain commanders in certain places from the start or define certain units as dug in here it is how it is done:

Code:
landunit = {
	id = { type = 12058 id = 1024 }
	name = "Armia 'Modlin'"
	location = 305 # Torun[B]
	leader = 8125 # Przedrzyminski-Krukowicz Emil
        dig_in = 15.000[/B]

division = {
		id = { type = 12058 id = 1025 }
		name = "8. Dywizja Piechoty" # Modlin (Torun)
		type = infantry
		model = 5
		strength = 40
			extra = artillery
			brigade_model = 0
		}
	}

Don't overuse the option with commanders though - too many will slow down the loading time considerably.

In return for the suggestion please define 1 Dywizja Pancerna as commanded by Maczek and 2nd Polish Corps as led by Anders - will make more sense for sure. ;)

Yes, I'm aware of the slowing down caused by the leaders assignment. In fact I did not use such command at all, yet. If I do, I'm going to set the most important leaders only (von Rundstedt, etc.).

In other news, someone generously volunteered for the German surrender events. I might delay the release to tomorrow with new, revised surrender events.

As for the US reserves issue that Hvatum pointed out. I'm going to get 6 divisions from the Pacific theater to the UK. I had previously assigned 13 new divisions to the Pacific theater, so it should be fair enough.

another proposed change:

put some forts in argentan and avranches and move the americans to cherbourg. cuz irl they controlled that whole area except the city itself but the germans still held the avranches area

Quite frankly Cherbourg should remain fully under german occupation even in the beginning of the scenario was that they managed to hold the most important part - the harbour - even to the final stages and had mined it so well it was not until August that it was actually operational.

While it does make some sense of putting Cherbourg in US hands while Avranches in german control, it would be slightly against some historical stuff but we're facing issue of the game's abstraction regarding province sizes and such. It's more or less about compromises :p

Quite frankly Cherbourg should remain fully under german occupation even in the beginning of the scenario was that they managed to hold the most important part - the harbour - even to the final stages and had mined it so well it was not until August that it was actually operational.

While it does make some sense of putting Cherbourg in US hands while Avranches in german control, it would be slightly against some historical stuff but we're facing issue of the game's abstraction regarding province sizes and such. It's more or less about compromises :p

it would make the allies have a much harder time breaking out, however, and partially eliminating the speed advantage

You're correct about that and since ports are not necessary to supply your armies in AoD, it could be quite decent compromise between gameplay and authencity.

no. itd be alot more historical and much better form gameplay

btw, has anyone, like, ya know, actually played it yet? how is it?

Last edited:
Version 0.4 released

See Post 1 for download link and changelog.

Among other things, credits to waynetraube for his new German surrender events. It's event 1000001 GER (five zeroes) if you want to test the new event chain.

I've kept Cherbourg untouched for now. I'm still undecided about this.

Winzip and Rarzilla, the only ones on this computer (and I can't use Winrar because it's a semi-public computer). I'll try it again in a few hours when I am at home (dislike Winzip and Rarzilla anyway).

BTW, how's the new German surrender?

Could you make an extension to the German Surrender events which destroys the Siegfried line, as I think it was pretty much destroyed Post-war.

Last edited:
1. the germans are way to powerful in the east. i actually saw them pushing the red army back a few times. in september, the russians took minsk and orsha. thats it. bessarabi was retaken.

2. the germans in the west fight pretty historically. they need to not get pocketed in britanny but it guess thats like falaise. retreat to seine, westwall, ect.

3. the germans in italy are able to crush the brits but then transfer all their troops out and get crushed.