• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

blah.blah.blah

Victoria beta geek
45 Badges
Nov 26, 2001
Visit site
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
Hi there. Does anyone know what the effects would be were I to try the 1941 scenario under CORE? I assume that the event history and techs would be all messed up at start, but would there be any other problems beyond that? I am thinking of reworking that scen so that it is compatible with CORE v.071. Thanks in advance

blah.blah.blah said:
Hi there. Does anyone know what the effects would be were I to try the 1941 scenario under CORE? I assume that the event history and techs would be all messed up at start, but would there be any other problems beyond that? I am thinking of reworking that scen so that it is compatible with CORE v.071. Thanks in advance

Currently there is no 41 scenario in CORE so the only way you could do this would be starting it with regular HOI.

Ghost_dk

What I meant was that I am thinking of rebuilding the 41 scenario so that it does work in CORE. As far as I can tell, the only major changes that would need to be made to the vanilla 1941 files are event history and the starting techs for each nation. I was wondering if there are other things that would need to be changed for this conversion.

blah.blah.blah said:
What I meant was that I am thinking of rebuilding the 41 scenario so that it does work in CORE. As far as I can tell, the only major changes that would need to be made to the vanilla 1941 files are event history and the starting techs for each nation. I was wondering if there are other things that would need to be changed for this conversion.

To adjust the scenario, you have to:

- create event history,
- sleep some leaders/ministers and appoint proper 1941 ministers,
- adjust OOB's (model numbers - different numeration in tank/naval/air tech trees),
- adjust techs (especially by removing those not used in CORE and adding new ones),
- adjust AI's,
- write some new events for AI management.

That should be enough to make it work. Of course fully fledged scenario should have special AI's, better adjusted OOB's (vanilla HoI scenario is not perfect here), balanced resources, convoys and so on...

blah.blah.blah said:

Here is a peek at our own to do list for a 41 scenario:

To Do list:

first step! define all existing countries for the scenario file
second step! scenario file (wars, WM, convoys, alliances)
list of events to be added to history of scenario file
land/air OOB's
naval OOB's
starting resource levels (coal/oil/supply etc), DI, alignment
IC/resources/forts/AA (based on the vanilla HoI possibly modified by own additions.)
rest of the inc files (territories occupied/annexed)
leaders for the INC files
cabinet for the INC files
new AI files
techs known and R&D queue

Limitations:

province.csv is always the same so base resources is identical for all scenarios
AI files must be in \AI so we can't put them in mod-dir, need to use core_TAG_41.AI format for names
ministers/leaders files are common for all scenarios, but cabinet can be set up in INC file and leaders slept via event
type/ID combinations must be unique so ranges will be assigned to each country when defined
tech tree is not set in stone yet so tech setup needs to wait

As you see its not quite as simple as adding a the history/sleepevent sections. The .inc file of the standard 41 scenario do not work with CORE as it uses a completely different tech tree and you need to modify all of them.
completely new naval OOB's have to be made since CORE uses a lot more ship types then Vanilla HOI does.
A lot of things also depend on what startdate you wish to have. Is it barbarossa or pearl harbor. Do you allow some preperation time or not?
a lot of issues have to be solved before it works correctly.

We are working on the new scenarios and 3-4 more will be added, probably with 0.8 once they are ready.

Ghost_dk

Ghost_dk said:

To Do list:

land/air OOB's
naval OOB's
IC/resources/forts/AA (based on the vanilla HoI possibly modified by own additions.)
new AI files

We are working on the new scenarios and 3-4 more will be added, probably with 0.8 once they are ready.

Ghost_dk

Heh, I appear to have bitten off more than I can chew :) Thanks for the info, though. Probably best to wait until 0.8 then

Ghost_dk said:

To Do list:

land/air OOB's
naval OOB's
new AI files

Limitations:

province.csv is always the same so base resources is identical for all scenarios
AI files must be in \AI so we can't put them in mod-dir, need to use core_TAG_41.AI format for names
ministers/leaders files are common for all scenarios, but cabinet can be set up in INC file and leaders slept via event
type/ID combinations must be unique so ranges will be assigned to each country when defined
tech tree is not set in stone yet so tech setup needs to wait

As you see its not quite as simple as adding a the history/sleepevent sections. The .inc file of the standard 41 scenario do not work with CORE as it uses a completely different tech tree and you need to modify all of them.
completely new naval OOB's have to be made since CORE uses a lot more ship types then Vanilla HOI does.
A lot of things also depend on what startdate you wish to have. Is it barbarossa or pearl harbor. Do you allow some preperation time or not?
a lot of issues have to be solved before it works correctly.

Ghost_dk

An argument for making a 1941 starting earlier than the Vanilla HOI 41' scenario would be to include the German Spring Campaign in the Balcans, the japanese preparations for Pearl Harbour and the, Capture of Crete, the Arrival of the Afrika Korps in Africa etc.

frank2u said:
An argument for making a 1941 starting earlier than the Vanilla HOI 41' scenario would be to include the German Spring Campaign in the Balcans, the japanese preparations for Pearl Harbour and the, Capture of Crete, the Arrival of the Afrika Korps in Africa etc.

We are currently considering two 41 scenarios

1) barbaross
2) Pearl Harbor(with the attack in progess maybe)

nothing decided yet

Ghost_dk

Ghost_dk said:
We are currently considering two 41 scenarios

1) barbaross
2) Pearl Harbor(with the attack in progess maybe)

nothing decided yet

Ghost_dk

Why not the earlier version, say february 41'. Some events like, invasion of Jugoslavia, Invasion of Greece. And the creation of the Africa Corps, should, give u say two armoured div, two mec, and maybe and inf/e div.
Then the african campaign can start, and meanwhile can u start the build up in poland/romania

/Frank2u