• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

-Ice

Corporal
16 Badges
Mar 20, 2017
  • Magicka
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Magicka 2
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Initiate of the Order
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Prison Architect
As above. I have three monitors on a bezel-corrected 5896x1080 resolution but I'd like to play this game on 1920x1080 on the middle monitor. Most games (such as Tyranny) only need to be set as 1920x1080 and they will limit themselves on the middle monitor at 1920x1080. Doing this in Steel Division results in a 1920x1080 res stretched out across all three monitors.

My issue with playing on 5896x1080 is that some of the tooltips are "lost" on the bezel correction. Any fix/advice appreciated!

Are your bezel correction settings saved if you switch out to a standard multi-display model with a 'primary' monitor, or do you have to reconfigure them if you go back to the multi-monitor single display spanning?

If you switch back to the normal setup, rather than using 'surround' or similar technology, then the game should launch full screen on the primary monitor, and not interfere with stuff you have up on the other screens.

Manually switching display modes before running the game is far from an ideal solution, but isn't a terrible one to put up with while waiting for an official fix if you don't have to manually reconfigure bezel compensation.

Unfortunately, going from Surround to single-screen setup is quite a hassle. I have a total of 5 screens, 3 for display and 2 touchscreens which I use for flight simming purposes. Going from this setup to independent screens means I lose the 4 other screens and I have to "add" them again. Going from that back to Surround and I keep my 3 screens but I lose the 2 touchscreen and I have to "add" them again. nVidia is partly to blame for this....

Too much hassle especially when I don't have such an issue with Tyranny.

Bah, that does sound annoying, and I can't blame you for not wanting to jump through that hoop.

Not in front of my gaming rig right now, but wasn't there a windowed mode in the settings?

May also want to post a formal bug report for that weird stretching effect and the UI cut off. Not playing nicely with a (getting fairly common) triple head setup is something that can easily be overlooked by developers due to just how many variations on stuff there is, so solid feedback from end users is great. Developers can't address issues if they haven't noticed them after all.

Good luck getting your setup sorted out.

Yeah, I'm currently using Windowed mode but then I lose some vertical view due to the bar on the top... plus the taskbar at the bottom. Maybe a borderless window would be a nice option.

I'll take some screenshots and post a bug report soon. Thanks!

In the meantime may I suggest dragging your taskbar to the inside edge of one of the secondary screens?
- Seriously, this is an awesome location for it on a multi monitor setup when the secondary it is on is for things like docs or random youtube videos, and I wish I had tried putting it there when i first got into dual monitors rather than years later. Keeps it out of the way, but still in an easily accessed location while maximizing the main screen's work area.

In the meantime may I suggest dragging your taskbar to the inside edge of one of the secondary screens?
- Seriously, this is an awesome location for it on a multi monitor setup when the secondary it is on is for things like docs or random youtube videos, and I wish I had tried putting it there when i first got into dual monitors rather than years later. Keeps it out of the way, but still in an easily accessed location while maximizing the main screen's work area.
Yeah, I did that eventually; put it on the right side of my 3-screen setup. Thanks!

I have triple screen too but I use

https://sourceforge.net/projects/monitorswitcher/

to quickly switch to single screen or other configurations and back with hotkey before and after games
depending on what the game supports and such
flightsims and games that support it I play in multimon of course
or turn based paradox games in window ofc but window does not use SLI so not for demanding games
Interesting link, I'll give that a try! Thanks!

Cant you play in windowed mode and drag the screen to where you want it to be?
EDIT:
NM, ignore the drunk me, read more of the thread

Cant you play in windowed mode and drag the screen to where you want it to be?
EDIT:
NM, ignore the drunk me, read more of the thread
Yes I can :)
Interestingly, I have to drag the window EACH TIME I play the game; it does not seem to remember the last good position. A minor inconvenience, but still something that could easily be remedied. Just hoping this'll be sorted on release.