• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
first off the beginning of war is lacking a bit, mobiliaztion events should be better also on a side note the evnts should decrease the fighting ability of the russians and increase number of russian divisions, and add events for 1911 and 1897 wich i think ur already doing, also add events for various instances in the war such as the mounting of the konigsbergs guns in dar es salam province of afrika increases land forst also events for deserters in the french and russian armies, also an event for the last note between wilhelm and nicolas the czar about last chance to stop war, an event for event for belgium to decide if it wants to cede to germanys demand to be allowed acces to its teriitory or join allies and fight or another to fight but pull up lame in defence so as to save destructio (no destruction of IC after retreat and belgian AI pulls back after few skirmishes. i dont have time now but i can list more, happy to help any time but now. :) sorry if i sounded snobish for some reason fell wrong bout chargin in and suggesting stuff but want to inprove already great mod. Also wats up with no units in 1917 scenario?

Miller hotshot said:
first off the beginning of war is lacking a bit, mobiliaztion events should be better

They deploy the correct number of divisions at the correct time, so I think that they are acceptable as they are.

Miller hotshot said:
also on a side note the evnts should decrease the fighting ability of the russians and increase number of russian divisions

The first can best be done by changing what techs the Russians have. As to the second, the Russian order of battle for 1914 is correct, although I am writing AI events to help Russia deploy her divisions, as the AI files themselves are too unreliable.

Miller hotshot said:
and add events for 1911 and 1897 wich i think ur already doing,

Yes. :)

Miller hotshot said:
also add events for various instances in the war such as the mounting of the konigsbergs guns in dar es salam province of afrika increases land forst

Good idea. We could also have an event for the voyage of the Rubens to East Africa to resupply the Germans. If you could be so kind to code these events, then that shall be most helpful. :)

Miller hotshot said:
also events for deserters in the french and russian armies

There are already events for the French Army mutiny. I agree that Russian Army units could be disorganised by event in 1916 and 1917.

Miller hotshot said:
also an event for the last note between wilhelm and nicolas the czar about last chance to stop war

The Willy-Nicky telegrams could be included as flavour events, although I would doubt the wisdom of having another event chain that could interfere with the July Crisis. Both countries effectively have the choice to escalate or de-escalate the crisis and that is sufficient. Besides, by the time Wilhelm II received Nicholas II's last telegram, there would be little that the Kaiser could do to stop his own war machine.

Miller hotshot said:
an event for event for belgium to decide if it wants to cede to germanys demand to be allowed acces to its teriitory or join allies and fight or another to fight but pull up lame in defence so as to save destructio (no destruction of IC after retreat and belgian AI pulls back after few skirmishes.

Could be worth doing. Upon receipt of the ultimatum, Belgium would effectively have to choose between joining the Entente and the Central Powers.

Miller hotshot said:
i dont have time now but i can list more, happy to help any time but now. :) sorry if i sounded snobish for some reason fell wrong bout chargin in and suggesting stuff but want to inprove already great mod. Also wats up with no units in 1917 scenario?

I am glad you are prepared to help. :)

The 1917 scenario is simply a convenient method of starting the game near the time of the Russian Revolution to test how that event chain works. No substantial work has been done on it.

predatorfan said:
hi again i managed to finally get my 1914 to work good but one thing i noticed was how easy it was even on the hardest settings to win when i played as france it got in a deadlock for about maybey 3 months and then i pushed to berlin easy after that and i noticed britain dosnt send any troops into france either wich is bad when your playing as germany cause ive never once gotten in a dead lock i managed to take over france in about a month and a half and at the same time push russia back to moscow is there any way to make the ai better so the game goes into a deadlock wich is the reason i always wanted to play a ww1 strategy o and can you play this mod online this might make it more enjoyable and challenging thx for reading

Can some one mail the No_Time_limit patch to... andy_17_83@yahoo.com
(I could not find it in the download)

Just a suggestion, but someone could make a sticky thread for NTL patch, as everyone seems not to have it.
Or just include it in 0.4 pack.

Lord Finnish said:
Just a suggestion, but someone could make a sticky thread for NTL patch, as everyone seems not to have it.
Or just include it in 0.4 pack.

We always included the NTL patch in TGW downloads.
wtfisgoingonhere.gif
I thought I put in the v0.3 download but I probably imagined that I did.
ja.gif

There is a new update for v0.3

Some AI files have been tweaked and new AI events written.
Various events added or amended.
Leaders, ministers and pictures.

There is still an issue with some secret tech events triggering much too swiftly. I forgot to deal with this.

Are there any events for ending the war? Got the Event for capturing Paris, and am holding south of Orleans for now. What about for Russia? Captured St Petersburg into finland... moving on moscow. Are there any events for peace?

There is, but some of them dont work.

You gotta enable them by removing the "#" from events.txt in front of "defeat.txt"

I've downloaded version 0.3 of 1914 mod, installed it.
Now when I start the 1914 scenario, there's a failure when it tries to load ai/minor default.ai

What can I do about this?