• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Allenby

Custom User Title
8 Badges
Apr 4, 2003
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
1914-logo.jpg

Version 0.3 of the 1914 modification is ready for download. It comes in three parts:

Gaming Files - 12.5 MB
Graphics - 140 MB
Music - 89.4 MB

Installation Instructions in English
unionjack.jpg

Updates:

11th April 2007
23rd May 2007 (including NTL patch)
10th June 2007

Events translated in German by Kylan

NOTE: This is not compatible with HOI II Doomsday

Doomsday compatible version (by Xennik)

Last edited:
I suggest giving the checksum number here so everyone installing would know if he has the same version as the author of the mod desired (or at least a very close one, as not all files are used in checksum calculation).

Dominik said:
I suggest giving the checksum number here so everyone installing would know if he has the same version as the author of the mod desired (or at least a very close one, as not all files are used in checksum calculation).

Could you elaborate? I am not familiar with this.

Allenby said:
Could you elaborate? I am not familiar with this.
Perhaps he refers to some kind of introduction event like in SMEP or HOI mod 33

He's most likely refering to the four characters in the upper right corner of the startscreen, for example (LZVG).

Exactly, this is the checksum. It was designed for MP games so that all players could quickly know if they have the same (mostly) game version as it is not only based on the HOI2.exe checksum but some others too (propably from config folder). And we can use it too, in the way I proposed.

Dominik said:
Exactly, this is the checksum. It was designed for MP games so that all players could quickly know if they have the same (mostly) game version as it is not only based on the HOI2.exe checksum but some others too (propably from config folder). And we can use it too, in the way I proposed.

Alright...is this changed in one of the text files?
wtfisgoingonhere.gif

Dominik said:

For example, I have Doomsday 1.2, the 0.3 version with all updates (as given above), and Dominik's fixes of the mod for Doomsday. I get checksum EAVM with this.

Allenby said:
Alright...is this changed in one of the text files?
wtfisgoingonhere.gif

No, the game calculates it on it's own, basing on the contents of some of it's files.

And Xennik is the author of fixes for Doomsday, I have only fixed pictures.

Allenby said:
How exactly does it do this?

magic.

Basically if the text files are changed, altered and so on; the game produces a checksum 4-letter code (how I don't know) - but if everyone uses the same files it should produce the same 4-letter code. This is so multiplayers know they will be using the same files.

graphics do not alter the checksum, players can have different flags, counters and skins easily with no problems. Additional sprites would require a change in a text file, so this will change the checksum.

It is designed to produce more stability in multiplayer, thats all.

Ayeshteni

Ayeshteni said:
magic.

Basically if the textfiles are changed, altered and so on; the game produces a checksum 4-letter code (how I don't know) - but if everyone uses the same files it should produce the same 4-letter code. This is so multiplayers know they will be using the same files.

AFAIK not all text files affects the checksum, you can change unit/army/model names etc. I'm also pretty sure (some?) event files can be modified without changing the checksum.

I have a French version of HoI2, and the labels are missing in the Research Screen : neither title nor description for each research... Therefore it s quite difficult to pick and assign a research ! Any way to solve this problem ?

Last edited:
1914 comes only in English version, you have to change language in the settings file, settings.cfg. Open it with notepad and change the language number to 0.

Are there any need to download all if you have v0.2? or is it enough with the game files? Takes me some time to get down it all :)