• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Originally posted by Jiminov:
But DK, if you think about it, the focus of this AAR wasn't on the type of conflict that pervades the Swedish or Papal States AARs. Instead this one spent a lot of time talking about infrastructure improvement, dipolmacy and most interestingly Colonization. On those topics it had a great deal of depth. I'd characterize this AAR as 'butter' over 'guns.'

I know, it was very informative on these aspects of the game. It's just that the player was so successful that there wasn't any real competition from other countries, thus it lacked the drama of some other AARs.

Originally posted by Jiminov:
Yeah, I know what you mean on that topic. :) I'll agree with everyone who had issues with the random even that resulted in England inherting Sweden. That really put England into the mega-superpower league.
Glad we reached an agreement ;). Perhaps the most disappointing thing about that event was that it should have resulted in massive revolts in Sweden against English rule. Hopefully, now, with further progress in the game's development, that's what would occur.

Edit - typo

Last edited:
Bear in mind not only with Austrian AAR, but a vast majority of the AAR's, the code has been changed to stop blitz tactics. I think, though I am not a playtester, that things have changed dramatically and what was once standard procedure now must be handled more delicatly. I think that we saw a heavy dose of that in the Timeline AAR. The large countries invariably ran into stability problems and crumbled. Sap who was large early on had all kinds of issues throughout the game. He never did retake Prussia.

A question about civil wars. Is there a point at which the separation becomes final? Say if the war had happened earlier would Royalist and (presumably Republican) England gone on to lead separate histories or do Civil Wars simmer on indefinitely?