• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

wielkiciensteam

aka ItsJustMyShadow
94 Badges
Jan 31, 2016
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Surviving Mars
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Victoria 2
I hope you're not offended with the title ^^ jokes aside...
King of France must really love older women. How many heirs will he have, hmm?

20200906183152_1.jpg

How can it be, that it wasn't noticed in QA before release?

• 11Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
How many heirs will he have, hmm?

Quite a few, most likely. Chances of him engaging in seduction are pretty high, not to mention by the time she dies he will be at most 36-40 years old himself and that's easy to remarry with someone fertile.

That aside, yeah, there should probably be a big acceptance penalty towards marrying someone of a much older age (and lowered AI desire to seek such a spouse), especially if you have no heirs and she is over 40.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I'm not entirely sure what's the issue you intend to point out. I see you waging war against HRE, are you playing as France? Any opinion malus would apply to the 16 year old against the older woman but not the way around which is nonexistent if controlled by human. I don't mind if they just lift the malus even if the AI is smart enough to legitimize bastards. He's the freaking king, he does what he wants and won't take no kink shaming. I'm pretty sure as long asyou're on the church's good graces there were plenty of age gap marriages for political reasons fully endorsed by the church.

EDIT: Corrected misspoke on AI to Human

Last edited:
Reactions:
In my game, a 20-year old heir to the French throne married a 60-year old granny. His father, the King, was still his liege, so he must have okay'd the marriage. Not sure if it's funny, or just tragic.

• 4Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
I'm not entirely sure what's the issue you intend to point out. I see you waging war against HRE, are you playing as France? Any opinion malus would apply to the 16 year old against the older woman but not the way around which is nonexistent if controlled by AI. I don't mind if they just lift the malus even if the AI is smart enough to legitimize bastards. He's the freaking king, he does what he wants and won't take no kink shaming. I'm pretty sure as long asyou're on the church's good graces there were plenty of age gap marriages for political reasons fully endorsed by the church.

Did you even read the post?

Also just for your information, any women of over 45 are infertile.

Reactions:
Did you even read the post?

Also just for your information, any women of over 45 are infertile.

Yes i read it. So? There's missing information:

Is he playing as France or was the king AI? There's not enough information. Hence my comment about the HRE war which suggests he's playing as France. If in fact he's controlling France there has NEVER, EVER, been any restriction against any player-controlled 16 year olds from marrying octogenarian spouses even in CK2, so I don't see what's the point.

My other comment is more on realism. So what if the MILF was infertile? If she's hot she's hot, i don't think youngsters going at it with cougars was a modern invention at all. Clergy aside, historical views on sexual relationships from ancient Rome to medieval times were not what most people today think.

Additionally, if this in fact happened to an AI French King the rest of my comment was that we need not model it after CK2 which is a very bandaid fix. Marry her and press her claims (Read: Her claims, not your children's claims. Not saying its probable, but a child/female liege can certainly happen in Agnatic-Cognatic.) or secure alliances, legitimize some bastards if he needed an heir.

I don't know, i feel like the OP sounded like he's new to CK franchise but I see he owns several CK2 expansions so I'm genuinely confused what's the gap here.

Reactions:
Is he playing as France or was the king AI? There's not enough information.

I'm playing as duke of Holland, so vassal of the HRE. You really think that I'd criticize AI for the things I did?
Also there is a notification that I'm not married...

Last edited:
Reactions:

Is he playing as France or was the king AI? There's not enough information. Hence my comment about the HRE war which suggests he's playing as France. If in fact he's controlling France there has NEVER, EVER, been any restriction against any player-controlled 16 year olds from marrying octogenarian spouses even in CK2, so I don't see what's the point.

My other comment is more on realism. So what if the MILF was infertile? If she's hot she's hot, i don't think youngsters going at it with cougars was a modern invention at all. Clergy aside, historical views on sexual relationships from ancient Rome to medieval times were not what most people today think.

Additionally, if this in fact happened to an AI French King the rest of my comment was that we need not model it after CK2 which is a very bandaid fix. Marry her and press her claims (Read: Her claims, not your children's claims. Not saying its probable, but a child/female liege can certainly happen in Agnatic-Cognatic.) or secure alliances, legitimize some bastards if he needed an heir.

I don't know, i feel like the OP sounded like he's new to CK franchise but I see he owns several CK2 expansions so I'm genuinely confused what's the gap here.

Well, you can see king of France is not a vassal of HRE, but the player's liege - the emperor is at war. Therefore, the player is not playing as King of France.

Reactions:

Maybe the OP finds it immersion breaking.

The general aim is to establish a dynasty
That's not going to happen when you marry a woman with 0 SMV
And bastards aren't a reliably viable alternative

*Gasp, but that's so politically incorrect and misogynistic*
Modern concept's and political constructs can FRO
It's a game set in the mediaeval period and in that period a women had 2 things to offer to a man
1 Her womb
2 Her feudal title claims
That was it. Sure it sucked to be a woman back then, but by modern standards it sucked to be a man as well.

The marriage acceptance scripts need some tweaking.
Women with a title and no heirs should only be accepting "matrilineal" offers
Men with no heirs should be looking for women with a high SMV
Young men with dynastic heirs should still prefer women with a positive SMV

All that appears to be happening at the moment is marriages are agreed solely by either prestige value or alliance
From the amount of inter-dynastic marriages I'm seeing in my play-throughs, I suspect Prestige Gain is the driving factor in marriage choices
That needs to change, because it's breaking the immersion.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Except you can clearly see that it's not him, because below his name it says "Neighboring Ruler" and not "This is You"
Pretty sure OP was not complaining about attraction, rather the fact that the AI is apparently betrothing/marrying women past menopause/child-bearing-age which will not produce an heir.
CK2's AI has at least three separate modifiers: "X is unlikely to have children", "Difference in Age", and "X is past childbearing age" that reduced or eliminated this.
If the AI wants to chase some MILFs, they can use a Seduction Scheme.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Pretty sure OP was not complaining about attraction, rather the fact that the AI is apparently betrothing/marrying women past menopause/child-bearing-age which will not produce an heir.
CK2's AI has at least three separate modifiers: "X is unlikely to have children", "Difference in Age", and "X is past childbearing age" that reduced or eliminated this.
If the AI wants to chase some MILFs, they can use a Seduction Scheme

And here I was, thinking that it was obvious :)

I'm not entirely sure what's the issue you intend to point out. I see you waging war against HRE, are you playing as France? Any opinion malus would apply to the 16 year old against the older woman but not the way around which is nonexistent if controlled by human. I don't mind if they just lift the malus even if the AI is smart enough to legitimize bastards. He's the freaking king, he does what he wants and won't take no kink shaming. I'm pretty sure as long asyou're on the church's good graces there were plenty of age gap marriages for political reasons fully endorsed by the church.

EDIT: Corrected misspoke on AI to Human
He may be the King, but he certainly doesn't get to do what he wants. The Queen of France is not a position to be filled by whoever the King wants to bang, that's why he has mistresses and concubines. It's filled by the strongest diplomatic candidate available, and also someone capable of producing an heir to the realm, a very important thing for everyone in the Kingdom. This 16 year old boy did not choose this queen based on his sexual appetites; the marriage would have been arranged by his mother and councilors, with him having little to no input. Perhaps an older and more established king could more easily eschew the needs of the realm for his own tastes, but even then there would be consequences. But given how I've seen 12-16 year olds married to women past their child-bearing years quite a few times now, it's probably something the devs should address.

• 1Like
Reactions: