• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Prinz Wilhelm

Field Marshal
51 Badges
Jul 12, 2006
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • For The Glory
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
I'm working on a 1618 scenario. Just adding the countries that are supposed to be in the game now and then I'll show a picture. :)

Great!

Be careful with the structure of the scenarios and especially content of the corresponding inc folder. Scenarios have additive information (except GlobalData file) for easy maintenance and only differences with immediately previous scenario in date should be recorded in the inc files. When 1618 scenario will be ready, it means 1648 scenario will have to be modified and check for changes since 1618 and not since 1520 as it is currently.

EDIT: for a 1618 scenario, I suppose it is easier to start with a 1648 scenario structure and just remove things that happened between 1618 and 1648... and as a result removed stuffs for 1618 are the one that will remain as mandatory changes in the 1648 scenario. In other words, keep a track of removed stuffs for this part in the 1618 scenario and modification of the 1648 one will be very easy.

EDIT2: be aware you can choose any date in 1618. January 1st is not mandatory. See here.

Last edited:
Great!

Be careful with the structure of the scenarios and especially content of the corresponding inc folder. Scenarios have additive information (except GlobalData file) for easy maintenance and only differences with immediately previous scenario in date should be recorded in the inc files. When 1618 scenario will be ready, it means 1648 scenario will have to be modified and check for changes since 1618 and not since 1520 as it is currently.

EDIT: for a 1618 scenario, I suppose it is easier to start with a 1648 scenario structure and just remove things that happened between 1618 and 1648... and as a result removed stuffs for 1618 are the one that will remain as mandatory changes in the 1648 scenario. In other words, keep a track of removed stuffs for this part in the 1618 scenario and modification of the 1648 one will be very easy.

EDIT2: be aware you can choose any date in 1618. January 1st is not mandatory. See here.

Thank you for this post, I am indeed using the 1648 scenario as a base. Atm I have created Bremen and Pomerania in Germany, but I was just working a little bit yesterday.

I didn't know which date to put, so I just put January 1st. :)