16-bit color mode for running DH windowed on win10

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Svampen

First Lieutenant
37 Badges
Aug 20, 2010
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Semper Fi
  • Magicka
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Deus Vult
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines
Anyone know how?
I've tried the only way i know and that is to run in reduced color mode in the compability properties but it doesn't seem to work. The windowed mode is still greyed out in the launcher.

Launcher doesn't trigger the compatibility mode for whatever reason. Set the compatibility color mode for Darkest Hour.exe instead and edit settings.cfg manually. Then launch the game directly without the launcher.

I cant even play windowed mode anymore on my new monitor, because the scren's resolution is 1366x768 and playing on windowed either crashes the game or doesnt start it at all.

Ive never seen something as stupid as that to be honest.

I cant even play windowed mode anymore on my new monitor, because the scren's resolution is 1366x768 and playing on windowed either crashes the game or doesnt start it at all.

Ive never seen something as stupid as that to be honest.

I have similar problems, it runs but it either crashes soon or it ins't usable because windows' things are in the way.

A problem is that the Windows Taskbar and the process bar can't be simply be taken out (or I don't know how), so 768 windowed is not really 768. There are a few programs that adress the bar in the top with varying results, but I know that can get rid of the damned windows taskbar.

I tried it for literal hours, there is no way to fix it. So my only answer can be to go back to VGA and my old pc screen, even though thats not the goddamn point.

I tried it for literal hours, there is no way to fix it. So my only answer can be to go back to VGA and my old pc screen, even though thats not the goddamn point.

I think it could be made to work if one finds a way to get rid of the Windows Taskbar and the Titlebar.
The Titlebar is easier, there are a few program that work for this, like Borderless Gaming.
But I never found a way to get rid of the Windows Taskbar.

I have the same experience what I do on yet for example I try to go in and out of the fullscreen (i do it mostly with the double click on the video) sometimes it works and I'm going on watching or I go out of the fullscreen (if it doesn't work) and go into fullscreen by clicking the fullscreen icon on the right bottom of the video, normally this fix it for me. Hope I can help even if it isn't the best solution :)

Last edited: