• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PDXKatten

Community Manager
Administrator
Paradox Staff
QA
Oct 14, 2022
GENERALS!

We're intercepting a coded message from our Office of YouTube Intelligence. We need your help to decode it!

Head on over to YouTube to help us decode the message -> https://pdxint.at/3MJbkOr

Steam Update (800x450) EXPORT AS JPEG.png

• 14Like
  • 8Love
Reactions:
It's Finland+Denmark DLC confirmed!
Finland - Morse code in Finnish
Denmark - 09 04 40 on buoy. Invasion of Denmark
I think there are also some hints on other countries, but i didn't find yet

• 2Like
Reactions:
One light is a buoy, but the other one may very well be a light from the ships entering Oslo at the dawn of Weserübung, so it's safe to assume Norway will be there too.

As much as I would love to see the Nordics, I think Germany and Japan should've been a higher priority.

Reactions:
I think Germany and Japan should've been a higher priority.
Reworking trees that already had updates since release is more complicated -- in both cases you mention, PDX would need to maintain four different code bases: base game, base game + WTT, base game+ new DLC, and base game + all DLC.

That much said, I expect both Germany and the UK to get at least some focus tree revisions, new decisions, and new events, to deal with the whole escalating war of nerves that led to Weserübung.

Edit: because counting to four is hard...

• 9Like
Reactions:
Reworking trees that already had updates since release is more complicated -- in both cases you mention, PDX would need to maintain three different code bases: base game, base game + WTT, base game+ new DLC, and base game + all DLC.

That much said, I expect both Germany and the UK to get at least some focus tree revisions, new decisions, and new events, to deal with the whole escalating war of nerves that led to Weserübung.
I understand that, but that didn't stop them from making absolutely fantastic trees for both the USSR and Italy in the last couple years.

I think that considering the central role that Germany plays for the whole game, reworking it to bring it to the current quality standard should be the single highest priority at the moment. The importance of that dwarfs the importance of adding the Nordics.

But hey, that's just my opinion as a consumer. I understand that this is their game and their creative choice to make!

• 3Like
Reactions:
My decoding says Iceland will not only be allowed to form the Nordic League, but also will actually see the decision it's allowed to fire. Amusingly enough, a newcomer EST made it to both trigger scopes at once...

(lines 104-111 and 188-200 in formable_nation_decisions.)

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Wonderful timing. Just sat my last exam, so now that I've got time off I expect the week will just fly by. Thanks for the timing, devs.

Oh, and 09 04 40 is of course 9th of April, the day the Nazis invaded Scandinavia (except they forgot Sweden*).

*yes, I know they had strategic reasons. It's a joke.

sry i don't have good expectations.

Ethiopia, Switzerland, Italy DLC:

- expectations: fancy focus tree to play alternative history with minor/forgotten countries, or a good strategic teather in the north africa(north africa campaigns).
- reality: broken front prioritization(subequatorial africa wars, german congo belgium), weirdo declaration of wars in mid, end game(switzerland joining allies in 44). the tradicional AI frontline bugs(that time was AI stacking 100 divisions in a single tile). Italy AI randonly exploding Suez.

So,

Nordic DLC:

- expectations: fancy focus tree to play alternate history, good strategic teather in nordic area, or a good strategics teather in the baltics/scandinavia(invasion of Norway, continuation war).

- reality: broken naval invasion fiesta in baltic sea(this already happen if u buff the soviets), if theres a continuation war, will broken GER/SOV AI, thousands of divisions frontline shuffling by sea on barbarrosa, soviets naval invading normay. early WW3 by weirdo free wargoals, Sweden joining allies in 1943; German/Allies AI endless stuck in nordic low supply areas.

• 5Like
Reactions:
I really hope this would be a Nordic (4 nations) countrypack instead of just Scandinavia (3 nations).

Well, maybe only the Scandis if you devs can get creative and making occupation tree for Denmark and Norway, but then again, the other way can be done instead. A shared branch for all the Nordics to simplify the four a bit, and then a small content for Iceland.

• 1Like
Reactions: