• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(61874)

Recruit
Oct 19, 2006
1066 without kings at the beginning - guillotine mod

You're tired of unfun HRE or King of France ?
Deserve your rank and create your own realm !

These files allow you to play 1066 without any kingdom at the beginning, or even without any duchy.

How to use them :
extract the 34-Ko zip archive in CK main folder or in your mod folder.
copy the 1066_scenario_title.inc file you want in CK/scenario (replacing the old one).

Do not select a title that doesn't exist : for instance, if you're playing without kings, don't choose to play Kingdom of England (duh !). Play (= do nothing) for a day, save and reload before pressing F2 or CK will crash.

Scenario loading is slow, and if you play without dukes the game will freeze for 30 sec until your computer is done with erasing titles.

Note : I didn't forget to remove the principality of Polotsk, but the count there is quick to recreating it.

Attachments

• guillotine_mod1066.zip
    33,7 KB · Views: 433
Last edited:
Welcome, it looks interesting, it may be a great challenge to be the king!!!

bit of a noob to modding so how do i install the no kings nor duke file?

How to use them :
extract the 34-Ko zip archive in CK main folder or in your mod folder.
copy the 1066_scenario_title.inc file you want in CK/scenario (replacing the old one).

Like this^^

I bought the game using steam, and would love to try your mod! But I can't find the original 1066_scenario_title anywhere in my CKII files. They're a bit different when the game is downloaded using steam. Any idea how I could get it to work?

I bought the game using steam, and would love to try your mod! But I can't find the original 1066_scenario_title anywhere in my CKII files. They're a bit different when the game is downloaded using steam. Any idea how I could get it to work?

This is the CK 1 forum. Wrong place.

Last edited: